Author Topic: DKC League: Preseason Quarterly is Out  (Read 965265 times)

BleedGreen1989 and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

Re: DKC League: General Commentary
« Reply #6825 on: July 23, 2013, 10:57:58 AM »

Offline indeedproceed

• Global Moderator
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1967
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.
So, I signed Xavier Henry as my first official FA won outright. He has sucked mostly in Memphis, but Memphis has always struck me as a team that doesn't really foster the development of its youngsters as well as they should. Even when they were winning, I've always thought, 'I think they should do better'.

Henry will in real life be looking to get his career back on track, Im looking for him to be this seasons Wayne Ellington. Can he do it? Will he do it?

New Orleans. I meant New Orleans.

I mentioned it earlier, but I like the Henry signing because he's young, plays with great energy, and is a good enough defender that he's shut down Kobe before. That being said, he's not a Wayne Ellington. He does not have the shot to be a threat from deep. Great depth to have though.

See I think Henry is a great candidate to suddenly discover his 3pt range. He was a shooter in college, but for one reason or another it never manifested (that reason might well indeed be his lack of range). Maybe a change in scenery and motivation to continue to keep making money will help him remember how to shoot.

not sure i agree here. shooting is so mental, and after so many years of underperforming i wonder if he can recover. change of scenery will help, but im wondering if too much damage has been done. is there an example of a shooter who opened marginally and then began to excel later in his career?

Ummmmm RAJON RONDO????!!!

DKC Portland Trailblazers Team Card
Questions about the DKC? Ask here: LINK
Free Agency Tracker: Link

« Reply #6826 on: July 23, 2013, 11:02:49 AM »

Offline indeedproceed

• Global Moderator
  • James Naismith
Alright. I'm gonna tirelessly work to get through these Fams by 4 PM today, which is when I've gotta leave because my wifey has the last sonogram before the apparently traumatic, painful, disgusting and incredibly expensive miracle called 'birth'. So YAYYYYY

I'm not freaking out or anything, why did you ask?

« Reply #6827 on: July 23, 2013, 11:05:11 AM »

Offline ronaldo943

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 472
So, I signed Xavier Henry as my first official FA won outright. He has sucked mostly in Memphis, but Memphis has always struck me as a team that doesn't really foster the development of its youngsters as well as they should. Even when they were winning, I've always thought, 'I think they should do better'.

Henry will in real life be looking to get his career back on track, Im looking for him to be this seasons Wayne Ellington. Can he do it? Will he do it?

I mentioned it earlier, but I like the Henry signing because he's young, plays with great energy, and is a good enough defender that he's shut down Kobe before. That being said, he's not a Wayne Ellington. He does not have the shot to be a threat from deep. Great depth to have though.

See I think Henry is a great candidate to suddenly discover his 3pt range. He was a shooter in college, but for one reason or another it never manifested (that reason might well indeed be his lack of range). Maybe a change in scenery and motivation to continue to keep making money will help him remember how to shoot.

not sure i agree here. shooting is so mental, and after so many years of underperforming i wonder if he can recover. change of scenery will help, but im wondering if too much damage has been done. is there an example of a shooter who opened marginally and then began to excel later in his career?

No Jason Kidd, I think.

« Reply #6828 on: July 23, 2013, 11:08:53 AM »

Offline indeedproceed

• Global Moderator
  • James Naismith

No Jason Kidd, I think.

Jason Kidd, Richard Jefferson, Deshawn Stevenson..there have been a good number of guys who took their time figuring out that they'd always be in demand if they could hit a 3 pt shot.

« Reply #6829 on: July 23, 2013, 11:11:37 AM »

Offline StartOrien

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1190
All of those players entered the league as poor shooters. Henry, on the other hand, was drafted for his shooting ability, no?
TV Show Draft:
Property Bothers, Kitt form Knight Rider, Caroline Holden (Yasmine Bleeth)
Coach Eric Taylor, Gene Parmesan, Ron Swanson
"The Real Deal" Bill McNeil, Golddust

« Reply #6830 on: July 23, 2013, 11:16:50 AM »

Offline indeedproceed

• Global Moderator
  • James Naismith
All of those players entered the league as poor shooters. Henry, on the other hand, was drafted for his shooting ability, no?

So in order for you to give my admittedly optimistic projection for my 1 yr vet min guy any credence, I need to find a guy who was a good shooter in college, but ended up lagging behind during his rookie contract,but refound his stroke later?

Does he also have to be a 6'6 guard born in Gent, Belgium who was raised in Oklahoma City that went to college at Kansas?

But seriously, he's still only 22, and has a 'nba body', I've gotsome hope but if he's my 4th or 5th guard and just 'is what he is', whateves.

« Reply #6831 on: July 23, 2013, 11:26:41 AM »

Offline StartOrien

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1190
Ya, pretty much.
TV Show Draft:
Property Bothers, Kitt form Knight Rider, Caroline Holden (Yasmine Bleeth)
Coach Eric Taylor, Gene Parmesan, Ron Swanson
"The Real Deal" Bill McNeil, Golddust

« Reply #6832 on: July 23, 2013, 11:30:07 AM »

Offline RebusRankin

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 822
So, SO, you decided that Patty Mills was so dumb that it was so better to recind your offer to him?

« Reply #6833 on: July 23, 2013, 11:30:59 AM »

Offline indeedproceed

• Global Moderator
  • James Naismith
I would just like to mention that Portland thinks Greg Stiemsma would be an ideal backup center to Omer Asik. Alex Len will start out the season planted firmly on the bench if Steamer came aboard, and there is no reason to think that Len won't be brought along at a snail's pace.

« Reply #6834 on: July 23, 2013, 11:33:59 AM »

Offline AB_Celtic

• DKC Commish
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 394
So, SO, you decided that Patty Mills was so dumb that it was so better to recind your offer to him?

"So, SO," better catch on.

Starters: D.Rose - W.Matthews - N.Batum - T.Gibson - J.Noah
Reserves: J.Nelson - A.Bradley - J.Butler - B.Diaw - M.Raduljica

« Reply #6835 on: July 23, 2013, 11:43:34 AM »

Offline AB_Celtic

• DKC Commish
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 394
Stiemer, Chicago doesn't have a legit backup center. That's where you come in.

Starters: D.Rose - W.Matthews - N.Batum - T.Gibson - J.Noah
Reserves: J.Nelson - A.Bradley - J.Butler - B.Diaw - M.Raduljica

« Reply #6836 on: July 23, 2013, 11:48:20 AM »

Offline RebusRankin

• Don Nelson
Steamer, Atlanta needs a backup center and offered you the most $. In fact, they offered 1.4 million when the others offered you a vet minimum deal which is 900,000 so why is this even a discussion?

« Reply #6837 on: July 23, 2013, 11:51:32 AM »

Offline indeedproceed

• Global Moderator
  • James Naismith
Steamer, Atlanta needs a backup center and offered you the most $. In fact, they offered 1.4 million when the others offered you a vet minimum deal which is 900,000 so why is this even a discussion?

Cuz we offered dos years hombre.

« Reply #6838 on: July 23, 2013, 11:58:25 AM »

Online BleedGreen1989

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 450
Sense I'm bored, I'll weigh in on Steamer...

For a guy who has not made much money in his career, I'm not sure how he wouldn't choose Atlanta and take the most money on the table. Seems like a no brainer that he wouldn't want to get locked in at the vet min.
***DKC Denver Nuggets***
http://tinyurl.com/nn6mgxg

« Reply #6839 on: July 23, 2013, 12:04:03 PM »

Offline RebusRankin

• Don Nelson
Sense I'm bored, I'll weigh in on Steamer...

For a guy who has not made much money in his career, I'm not sure how he wouldn't choose Atlanta and take the most money on the table. Seems like a no brainer that he wouldn't want to get locked in at the vet min.

I like how Denver's GM thinks. ;D ;D

Hello! Guest

Welcome to the CelticsBlog Forums.

Welcome to CelticsBlog