Author Topic: the new xbox 1  (Read 23797 times)

the new xbox 1
« on: May 22, 2013, 01:49:35 PM »

Offline Humble G

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 983
is anyone else a little upset about the incapability the new xbox will have with used games? basically u install the game to your hard drive and only you and a few in your household can play the game. if a friend borrows it they must buy the game online even if they have the disc! they said they will create a system where you can take that digital content and trade a previously played game at a retail store, DUMB! I dont do it as often but many gamers buy a game play it beat and in a few months or a year trade it in for a new game or swap with a buddy......I'm not a lover of gamestop but this sux!

here is a link:
http://bgr.com/2013/05/22/xbox-one-used-games-sales-policies/

Re: the new xbox 1
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2013, 02:00:24 PM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.
is anyone else a little upset about the incapability the new xbox will have with used games? basically u install the game to your hard drive and only you and a few in your household can play the game. if a friend borrows it they must buy the game online even if they have the disc! they said they will create a system where you can take that digital content and trade a previously played game at a retail store, DUMB! I dont do it as often but many gamers buy a game play it beat and in a few months or a year trade it in for a new game or swap with a buddy......I'm not a lover of gamestop but this sux!

here is a link:

There are a bunch of games (Dragon Age 2, Fallout's expansion packs, college football 2013, etc..) that I would never have played if I couldn't have bought them at an obscene discount used.

Screw you, XBox.

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner

« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2013, 02:02:41 PM »

Offline Rondo2287

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 816

here is a link:

There are a bunch of games (Dragon Age 2, Fallout's expansion packs, college football 2013, etc..) that I would never have played if I couldn't have bought them at an obscene discount used.

Screw you, XBox.

Ya there is alot of uproar about this, I can't imagine it will hold up.  I have a feeling gamestop might file a motion in court.  Wouldnt this effectively kill 50% of the business?
CB Draft LA Lakers: Lamarcus Aldridge, Carmelo Anthony,Jrue Holiday, Wes Matthews  6.11, 7.16, 8.14, 8.15, 9.16, 11.5, 11.16

« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2013, 02:07:30 PM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327
I don't by many used games, but used games markets push down games I do buy new for sale months(or years) after they are released.

If this holds up, I probably won't get a console and just have a gaming PC for all my gaming.

« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2013, 02:08:09 PM »

Offline Monkhouse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 814
  • A true Celtic plays with heart.

here is a link:

Screw you, XBox.

Ya there is alot of uproar about this, I can't imagine it will hold up.  I have a feeling gamestop might file a motion in court.  Wouldnt this effectively kill 50% of the business?

Good riddance.

Gamestop is the bane of all used games existence... Stick to buying cheaper and better games online through ebay from reputable sellers. I understand convenience wise this isn't ideal, but all the games from Gamestop are overpriced, and half of the time break down in a few months.
"I bomb atomically, Socrates' philosophies and hypotheses
Can't define how I be dropping these mockeries."

Is the glass half-full or half-empty?
It's based on your perspective, quite simply
We're the same and we're not; know what I'm saying? Listen
Son, I ain't better than you, I just think different

« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2013, 02:08:58 PM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
The entire secondary market goes with this monkhouse not just gamestop and other small gaming stores.

« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2013, 02:12:00 PM »

Offline Rondo2287

• K.C. Jones
The entire secondary market goes with this monkhouse not just gamestop and other small gaming stores.

Yup, though the Gaming industry is really a funny thing.  My understanding is that Sony took a loss on every playstation 3 they sold.  and Microsoft probably will do the same with the Xbox one. 

Then the profit margins on games are astronomical.  Obviously this is an attempt to reduce the secondary market and keep more sales coming in for microsoft (I assume they get some cut of the sales of games made for their systems)but I wonder if its to justify a significant loss they will be taking on the system itself.
CB Draft LA Lakers: Lamarcus Aldridge, Carmelo Anthony,Jrue Holiday, Wes Matthews  6.11, 7.16, 8.14, 8.15, 9.16, 11.5, 11.16

« Reply #7 on: May 22, 2013, 02:13:15 PM »

Offline Monkhouse

• Paul Silas

I doubt it will. If Xbox goes ahead with this, which might be the dumbest marketing idea since Rock Pets, (amazingly it proved successful.) PS4 will just take advantage of that then. If XBOX goes ahead with this, I'll have no problem playing my roommates XBOX 360, and playing my PS4.

You can never outsource secondary markets, simply because there is plenty of supply and demand. Unless all consoles don't allow the used games feature, I don't see that being eliminated any time soon. But I do want Gamestop shut down honestly..

« Reply #8 on: May 22, 2013, 02:15:36 PM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
PS4 is supposed to have this same capability, they just haven't been open in discussing it publically monkhouse. They've had a lot of "no comments". Both systems are designed to be able to stop secondary game sales if desired.

I'm guessing Sony/Microsoft are both hoping that they can implement it at the same time.

« Reply #9 on: May 22, 2013, 02:16:02 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25636
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
I think it's a pretty dumb idea unless PS4 is doing the same thing. 

The PS4 already has a hardware advantage.  It just seems like a bad idea for Microsoft to come up with another idea that is unfriendly to consumers.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #10 on: May 22, 2013, 02:16:38 PM »

Offline Rondo2287

• K.C. Jones

I doubt it will. If Xbox goes ahead with this, which might be the dumbest marketing idea since Rock Pets, (amazingly it proved successful.) PS4 will just take advantage of that then. If XBOX goes ahead with this, I'll have no problem playing my roommates XBOX 360, and playing my PS4.

You can never outsource secondary markets, simply because there is plenty of supply and demand. Unless all consoles don't allow the used games feature, I don't see that being eliminated any time soon. But I do want Gamestop shut down honestly..

Meh, Gamestop has its issues but its alot more reliable than buying a game from a guy on craigslist or off ebay. 

« Reply #11 on: May 22, 2013, 02:16:43 PM »

Offline Monkhouse

• Paul Silas
PS4 is supposed to have this same capability, they just haven't been open in discussing it publically monkhouse. They've had a lot of "no comments".

I'm guessing Sony/Microsoft are both hoping that they can implement it at the same time.

Oh really? Darn :(.

I read a lot of articles stating the comparisons of PS4/XBOX One, and the positives versus negatives. I didn't know PS4 would be following suit.

Sigh... this is going to suck then. Oh well, I still use my SNES/N64, so it doesn't really matter ;).

Meh, Gamestop has its issues but its alot more reliable than buying a game from a guy on craigslist or off ebay.

I've had 5 friends who've been scammed by people on eBay, but bought games from people under 98% feedback. Its hard to trust people on the internet, but if you shop smart, and choose the right items from the right sellers, you're getting a big bargain.

I really don't hope these two companies go ahead with this. The logjam it would produce..

« Reply #12 on: May 22, 2013, 02:17:44 PM »

Offline wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • Basketball is Newtonian Physics
What makes anyone think Sony is not going to do the same thing?

And how much of this push the system maker and how much of it is the game makers?

« Reply #13 on: May 22, 2013, 02:17:49 PM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
I think it's a pretty dumb idea unless PS4 is doing the same thing. 

The PS4 already has a hardware advantage.  It just seems like a bad idea for Microsoft to come up with another idea that is unfriendly to consumers.
PS4 reportedly is setup to do the same thing. I think they're avoiding commenting to avoid the PR mess.

Microsoft is pulling the same crap with their office software. Future office won't be allowed to moved to multiple PCs, instead they want you to "subscribe" to office software.

« Reply #14 on: May 22, 2013, 02:18:20 PM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
What makes anyone think Sony is not going to do the same thing?

And how much of this push the system maker and how much of it is the game makers?
Its both, both only get dollars on the first sale.