Author Topic: NBAdraft.net: Celtics picking Shabazz at 16  (Read 14577 times)

Re: NBAdraft.net: Celtics picking Shabazz at 16
« Reply #45 on: May 22, 2013, 12:54:16 PM »

Offline lightspeed5

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 283
olynk is horrendous. His arm span is the same as rondo's.

« Reply #46 on: May 22, 2013, 12:54:56 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
If Shabazz falls to 16, you have to take him. His talent level is that good. But, because of mental makeup, he could have the ability to be the biggest bust in this draft. But you have to take him if he is there because he also has the potential to be the best player drafted in this class.

I didn't like some of the video I saw of him pouting because he didn't get a pass after calling for the ball or his body language late in games when a play clearly wasn't drawn up for him. I don't like chuckers and Shabazz has the biggest chucker potential in this draft by a landslide.

« Reply #47 on: May 22, 2013, 12:57:21 PM »

Offline Rondo2287

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 816
If Shabazz falls to 16, you have to take him. His talent level is that good. But, because of mental makeup, he could have the ability to be the biggest bust in this draft. But you have to take him if he is there because he also has the potential to be the best player drafted in this class.

I didn't like some of the video I saw of him pouting because he didn't get a pass after calling for the ball or his body language late in games when a play clearly wasn't drawn up for him. I don't like chuckers and Shabazz has the biggest chucker potential in this draft by a landslide.

For proof of chucker potential, NBADraft.net has his NBA comparison listed as Nick Young
CB Draft LA Lakers: Lamarcus Aldridge, Carmelo Anthony,Jrue Holiday, Wes Matthews  6.11, 7.16, 8.14, 8.15, 9.16, 11.5, 11.16

« Reply #48 on: May 22, 2013, 01:02:29 PM »

Offline jjceltics99

• Xavier Tillman
  • Tommy Points: 2
  • BLEED GREEN
That guy is compared to Fabricio Oberto for crying out loud. Olynk will be just like him getting about 5 min per game.

« Reply #49 on: May 22, 2013, 01:04:40 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2704
That guy is compared to Fabricio Oberto for crying out loud. Olynk will be just like him getting about 5 min per game.

LOL. Wingspan is one thing, but I wouldn't base too much on nbadraft.net player comparisons

« Reply #50 on: May 22, 2013, 01:06:27 PM »

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 885
Chad Ford: Well it looks like Danny Ainge has gotten lucky again. Another highly touted prospect has fallen into his laps.

Andy Katz: Yea Chad, I understand the concerns but I find it hard to believe 15 teams have passed on Shabazz.

David Stern: With the 16th pick in the 2013 NBA draft, the Boston Celtics select Kelly Olnyk.

This, is my nightmare.

I prefer Olnyk to Shabazz...

Yet, I also prefer Dieng to Olynk.

« Reply #51 on: May 22, 2013, 01:07:18 PM »

Offline jjceltics99

• Xavier Tillman
  • Tommy Points: 2
  • BLEED GREEN

LOL. Wingspan is one thing, but I wouldn't base too much on nbadraft.net player comparisons
He looks like a clone of him. Long haired 7 footer LOL maybe im wrong. Time will tell.

« Reply #52 on: May 22, 2013, 01:21:07 PM »

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 885

Haha yeah.

Paul George was compared to Trevor Ariza.
Hasheem Thabeet to Dikembe Mutumbo.
Jrue Holiday to Flip Murry
Haha Avery Bradley to Monta Ellis?!
Stephen Curry to Mahmoud Abdul-Rauf!

Dont look into these comparisons too much.

« Reply #53 on: May 22, 2013, 01:45:12 PM »

Offline chambers

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 943
  • Boston Celtics= Championships, nothing less.

They also said he's the best ball handler, shooter and easily the most skilled big man in the draft.
He might have short arms but he's still pushing 7 feet with ball skills of a point guard and excellent footwork. Could be better than you think.
"We are lucky we have a very patient GM that isn't willing to settle for being good and coming close. He wants to win a championship and we have the potential to get there still with our roster and assets."

quoting 'Greg B' on RealGM after 2017 trade deadline.
Read that last line again. One more time.

« Reply #54 on: May 22, 2013, 02:12:24 PM »

Offline MaxAMillion

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 16
Bad Attitude plus money equals a bigger bad attitude. I see OJ Mayo...not much more.

« Reply #55 on: May 22, 2013, 02:37:48 PM »

Offline Galeto

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 71
I doubt Shabazz's tourette's is going to affect his draft stock.  Before his father said anything publicly about it, I don't think anybody knew.  Maybe his teammates did (although I wouldn't be certain because people with tourette's can hide it) but I certainly didn't see anything from watching him.  It's definitely a mild case, a hundred times milder than the tourette's Mahmoud Abdul-Rauf.  When he was being interviewed at the combine, you could definitely see a few neck twitches but at the same time, if it wasn't known that he had tourette's, I wouldn't have thought anything about it.  It's not going to interfere with his athletic career. Come on.  There are a lot of people living normal lives with tourette's, mild or not.  I don't know why it'd be a red flag.

Look at Roy Hibbert.  In college he twitched his eyes a lot.  He's done it a lot less as a pro but he still does it from time to time.  It doesn't affect his ability to play the game.

« Reply #56 on: May 22, 2013, 03:08:54 PM »

Offline snively

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 454
Doesn't Greg Dickerson have Tourette's?
2016 CelticsBlog Draft: Chicago Bulls

Head Coach: Fred Hoiberg

Starters: Rubio, Danny Green, Durant, Markieff Morris, Capela
Bench: Sessions, Shumpert, G. Green, T. Booker, Frye
Deep Bench: CJ Watson, H. Thompson, P. Zipser, Papagiannis, Mejri

« Reply #57 on: May 24, 2013, 01:34:04 AM »

Offline EvilEmpire

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 17
Shabazz is really a fat 2 guard with long arms.

http://www.draftexpress.com/profile/Shabazz-Muhammad-6270/

Just short of 6'5" 220+

He is actually slower in the 3/4 sprint than Zeller and Plumlee

« Reply #58 on: May 24, 2013, 01:31:37 PM »

Offline LEHGOCELTICS

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 18
No way he falls that far, even with his share of criticisms.

all in for r rondo all in for r rondo all in for r rondo all in for r rondo all in for r rondo

« Reply #59 on: May 26, 2013, 11:53:41 PM »

Offline Galeto

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 71
If Shabazz is available, there is no way Ainge is not taking him.  He just fits too many of Ainge's trends.  Ainge likes to take prospects who fell for whatever reason (Bradley, Gerald Green, Sullinger).  He likes prospects who are long and Shabazz is certainly that.  And most absurdly, taking Shabazz would continue Ainge's streak of taking wing players who can't dribble or are considered average under the most generous analysis.  Giddens, Bradley, Allen and Green are four of the worst ballhandling wings ever, yes, ever and one man took all of them.  Of course it wasn't all bad but I wish he'd value ballhandling more.