Author Topic: NBAdraft.net: Celtics picking Shabazz at 16  (Read 14578 times)

Re: NBAdraft.net: Celtics picking Shabazz at 16
« Reply #15 on: May 21, 2013, 06:39:07 PM »

Offline lightspeed5

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 283
shabazz is left handed? had no idea

« Reply #16 on: May 21, 2013, 06:39:33 PM »

Offline jjceltics99

• Xavier Tillman
  • Tommy Points: 2
  • BLEED GREEN
This is a rare talent. If he falls, snatch him. Do not draft a weak 7 footer, just use the strategy of drafting the best player available at that point.
You can never go wrong drafting that way.

« Reply #17 on: May 21, 2013, 07:23:16 PM »

Offline ImShakHeIsShaq

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 804
He stinks on D, no thank you.
It takes me 3hrs to get to Miami and 1hr to get to Orlando... but I *SPIT* on their NBA teams! "Bless God and bless the (Celts)"-Lady GaGa (she said gays but she really meant Celts)

« Reply #18 on: May 21, 2013, 08:06:45 PM »

Offline Sketch5

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 280
If he could get over himself, he'd be a good player. In a video I watched he moped off the court after his teammate hit the game winner, thats not cool, and has looser written all over it.

Plus his D is weak because he just wants to play offense. If he could change these things he'd be a beast.

I'd almost rather take a shot on Rice Jr, his man on man D is a little weak, but at least he gets back and makes attempts. And he's already been humbled. That can make a player hungry.

« Reply #19 on: May 21, 2013, 08:13:19 PM »

Offline rasta1

• Kristaps Porzingis
  • Tommy Points: 21
I've had a strong feeling that he was going to fall for weeks. Part of me really hopes he does because I still think he's going to make it in the league just because of his attitude

« Reply #20 on: May 21, 2013, 09:05:39 PM »

Offline BleedGreen1989

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 568
I said this once and will say it again.

I'd even move up to make sure that this guy plays for Boston.

All Star talent with great competitiveness (potentially of course) doesnt come that often. His flaws can be fixed, with the coaching we have.

Not sure you'll find 2 people on this board who are higher on Shabazz than me and Yoki lol
« Last Edit: May 21, 2013, 09:56:12 PM by BleedGreen1989 »
*CB Miami Heat*
Kyle Lowry, Dwayne Wade, 13th pick in even numbered rounds, 18th pick in odd numbered rounds.

« Reply #21 on: May 21, 2013, 09:08:36 PM »

Offline jjceltics99

• Xavier Tillman
  • BLEED GREEN
I said this once and will say it again.

I'd even move up to make sure that this guy plays for Boston.

All Star talent with great competitiveness (potentially of course) doesnt come that often. His flaws can be fixed, with the coaching we have
[/quote

Not sure you'll find 2 people on this board who are higher on Shabazz than me and Yoki lol
I'm all for Shabazz he is a top 5 talent if not top 3 in this draft.

« Reply #22 on: May 21, 2013, 09:11:44 PM »

Offline jjceltics99

• Xavier Tillman
  • BLEED GREEN
The guy is a James Harden type scorer. Knock down 3pt shooter who can slash to the cup and REBOUND!!! Shabazz has a complete game imo

« Reply #23 on: May 21, 2013, 09:53:02 PM »

Offline csfansince60s

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 2238
From nbadraft.net:

"
Fierce competitor with a scorers mentality ... Displays a killer instinct missing from many other prospect's games ... Uses screens to create catch-and-shoot opportunities well ... Quick .... release, solid mechanices with range out to three point territory ... Can use his body to create space and get shots off near the basket ... Length (6-11 + wingspan) helps him get his shot off and create post-up opportunities against smaller wings ... Not afraid of contact and has the ability to get to the line at a high rate ... Was very proficient as an offensive rebounder, has a nose for the ball ... .. Noted for a strong work ethic, plays with a chip on his shoulder ... Wants the ball in the clutch and not shaken in end of game situations ... Length gives him potential as a defender ... Athleticism is quite solid and has an ability to play major minutes at optimum conditioning level ... Makes his move very quickly, does not stop the ball or take a lot of time off of the clock ... Shows a strong passion for the game and a will to improve .
[/size]

If they are right, sounds a lot like someone who dropped to us at the 10th slot in the late '90s. This guy is a game changer whose value has dropped due to the Tourette's/OCD/ADD depression issues.

Lets hope GMs are Royce White scared of this guy.

Sully last year. This year Shabazz?!?!

As others have said, I'd move up for him too.

« Reply #24 on: May 21, 2013, 09:58:39 PM »

Offline BleedGreen1989

• Rajon Rondo
From nbadraft.net:

"
Fierce competitor with a scorers mentality ... Displays a killer instinct missing from many other prospect's games ... Uses screens to create catch-and-shoot opportunities well ... Quick .... release, solid mechanices with range out to three point territory ... Can use his body to create space and get shots off near the basket ... Length (6-11 + wingspan) helps him get his shot off and create post-up opportunities against smaller wings ... Not afraid of contact and has the ability to get to the line at a high rate ... Was very proficient as an offensive rebounder, has a nose for the ball ... .. Noted for a strong work ethic, plays with a chip on his shoulder ... Wants the ball in the clutch and not shaken in end of game situations ... Length gives him potential as a defender ... Athleticism is quite solid and has an ability to play major minutes at optimum conditioning level ... Makes his move very quickly, does not stop the ball or take a lot of time off of the clock ... Shows a strong passion for the game and a will to improve .
[/size]

If they are right, sounds a lot like someone who dropped to us at the 10th slot in the late '90s. This guy is a game changer whose value has dropped due to the Tourette's/OCD/ADD depression issues.

To be completely honest, a lot of his game reminds me of our own Paul Pierce.
*CB Miami Heat*
Kyle Lowry, Dwayne Wade, 13th pick in even numbered rounds, 18th pick in odd numbered rounds.

« Reply #25 on: May 21, 2013, 10:20:54 PM »

Offline BleedGreen1989

• Rajon Rondo
*CB Miami Heat*

« Reply #26 on: May 21, 2013, 10:25:50 PM »

Offline csfansince60s

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 2238
From nbadraft.net:

"
[/size]

Ding, Ding, Ding, Ding......PP is that guy who dropped to us at 10 in the late 90s that I alluded to above.

TP for you.

« Reply #27 on: May 21, 2013, 10:44:05 PM »

Offline Boris Badenov

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 1065
I'm all for optimism, but again, this nbadraft mock seems bogus.

In order for Shabazz to fall to 16, the following players all have to be taken before him (setting aside the top 8 ) :

Bennett
Saric
Olynyk
Schroeder
Caldwell-Pope
Carter-Williams
Adams

Do we really think these guys will end up being higher on GM's boards than Shabazz? With the way scoring seems to be valued by GMs?

I mean, the knocks on him are (a) attitude and (b) age. But as this piece points out, his numbers even for his age project very well:

http://www.sbnation.com/nba/2013/5/18/4342846/shabazz-muhammad-nba-draft-2013-harrison-barnes

So, all we are left with are the attitude issues, which seem more about being a bad teammate than about being uncompetitive or lazy - to me the second is a much worse type of problem. And, NBA GMs often feel like they can fix attitude problems.

I have no strong opinion about how good he will end up being, but I feel pretty confident thinking he won't slip to us.

If I had to bet, I'd guess he ends up going in the 5-10 range.

« Reply #28 on: May 21, 2013, 10:55:33 PM »

Offline cltc5

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 445
no thanks

« Reply #29 on: May 21, 2013, 11:04:21 PM »

Offline Galeto

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 71
From nbadraft.net:

"
[/size]

In what way?  Shabazz was at his best moving around screens and shooting off the catch.  Pierce can do that but it's not a strength.  Shabazz was inefficient at every other part of the game, especially off the dribble.  He also favors one-handed push shots.  When Pierce was Shabazz's age, he could blow by his man and for his entire career, I can't remember many one-handed push shots at all.

That's just on offense.  Pierce was a very good defender with excellent lateral quickness.  Shabazz was a weak defender at UCLA.