Author Topic: Draft Express' latest has us picking Adams at 16.  (Read 10133 times)

Re: Draft Express' latest has us picking Adams at 16.
« Reply #45 on: May 29, 2013, 10:35:03 AM »

Offline Celtics18

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1469
has us picking Adams at 16.

http://www.draftexpress.com/nba-mock-draft/2013/

That guy has been my favorite for awhile now.  I think Steven Adams is a pick with a lot of potential.

Steve adams Actually dominated nelens noel when they played each other in high school and he is very athletic Adams could be that pick turns out to be a great pick and i would love for the celtics to get there hands on Ledo he could be better than Mclemore he was ranked better coming out of high school.

I'd be very happy if we managed to go into next season with Adams and Ledo as our rookies.
DKC Seventy-Sixers:

PG: G. Hill/D. Schroder
SG: C. Lee/B. Hield/T. Luwawu
SF:  Giannis/J. Lamb/M. Kuzminskas
PF:  E. Ilyasova/J. Jerebko/R. Christmas
C:    N. Vucevic/K. Olynyk/E. Davis/C. Jefferson

« Reply #46 on: May 29, 2013, 10:36:43 AM »

Offline Evantime34

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 764
  • Eagerly Awaiting the Next Fantasy Draft
From what I've read / seen of Steven Adams, he strikes me as a potential Omer Asik type.  Mostly a non-factor on offense except for open dunks and put-backs, but perhaps an immediate impact on the boards and protecting the paint, especially for our team.

I'd be just fine using a #16 on a guy who could be a 7 foot defensive center, even if he doesn't bring much on the other end.

I don't really see the Fab comparison.  Yeah, they're both project bigs, but Fab hardly even knew how to play basketball and played college at Syracuse, a school notorious for setting prospects up for failure in the NBA (they don't translate well).  Fab was also a weak rebounder.  I don't think Fab could move as well to step out on shooters and hedge on pick and rolls, not to mention he's not as athletic.  I feel like Fab's offensive upside is probably better though.
Could not agree more. However, with the way that size usually rises before the draft I wouldn't be shocked if he got picked before us. I wouldn't be shocked if a run on bigs early forces a very good wing/pg prospect to drop to us. MCW and Shabazz being my picks for fallers.

Any of the group of Zeller, Olynyk, Len, Adams, Gobert would make me very happy. I also would be fine with someone from the group of Dieng, Withey, and Plumlee. The problem is the first group should all be gone when we pick and it might be too early for someone in the second group.
DKC:  Rockets
CB Draft: Memphis Grizz
Players: Klay Thompson, Jabari Parker, Aaron Gordon
Next 3 picks: 4.14, 4.15, 4.19

« Reply #47 on: May 29, 2013, 10:55:27 AM »

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 885
Count me in on the Adams train. Him and Sully could make a really solid 4 and 5 combo for many years with their strength and rebounding.

« Reply #48 on: May 29, 2013, 11:22:41 AM »

Offline Celtics18

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1469
From what I've read / seen of Steven Adams, he strikes me as a potential Omer Asik type.  Mostly a non-factor on offense except for open dunks and put-backs, but perhaps an immediate impact on the boards and protecting the paint, especially for our team.

I'd be just fine using a #16 on a guy who could be a 7 foot defensive center, even if he doesn't bring much on the other end.

I don't really see the Fab comparison.  Yeah, they're both project bigs, but Fab hardly even knew how to play basketball and played college at Syracuse, a school notorious for setting prospects up for failure in the NBA (they don't translate well).  Fab was also a weak rebounder.  I don't think Fab could move as well to step out on shooters and hedge on pick and rolls, not to mention he's not as athletic.  I feel like Fab's offensive upside is probably better though.
Could not agree more. However, with the way that size usually rises before the draft I wouldn't be shocked if he got picked before us. I wouldn't be shocked if a run on bigs early forces a very good wing/pg prospect to drop to us. MCW and Shabazz being my picks for fallers.

Any of the group of Zeller, Olynyk, Len, Adams, Gobert would make me very happy. I also would be fine with someone from the group of Dieng, Withey, and Plumlee. The problem is the first group should all be gone when we pick and it might be too early for someone in the second group.

I mostly agree.  I'd be happy with pretty much any of these guys.  I don't see any chance at Zeller or Len unless we trade up, and Plumlee and Dieng are actually higher on my list than Gobert, Olynyk, and Withey, though.

I've also got Noguiera on my radar, but I'm somewhat more apprehensive about him than those other guys.  I kind of put Gobert in that same category, but Bebe's physique makes Rudy look like the Rock in comparison.   
DKC Seventy-Sixers:

PG: G. Hill/D. Schroder
SG: C. Lee/B. Hield/T. Luwawu
SF:  Giannis/J. Lamb/M. Kuzminskas
PF:  E. Ilyasova/J. Jerebko/R. Christmas
C:    N. Vucevic/K. Olynyk/E. Davis/C. Jefferson