Author Topic: Supposed rumor between NO and BOS  (Read 22918 times)

Supposed rumor between NO and BOS
« on: May 21, 2013, 11:19:26 AM »

Offline WeMadeIt17

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 435
Just something i caught on realgm someone else posted this. This is this guys twitter. He said Pierce would never play a game for NO. Would either be part of another trade or bought out so the pelicans would have more cap this summer.

@McNamara247: Just heard strange rumor from EC source: Celtics talking about possibility of Pierce and Bradley for Eric Gordon.

@McNamara247: Pierce's contract is only partially guaranteed. Best case scenario: Pelicans can move Pierce for something. Worst case: Buy him out for

@McNamara247: Five million and have even more cap space this summer plus the young perimeter defender they crave in Bradley. Interesting

Re: Supposed rumor between NO and BOS
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2013, 11:21:59 AM »

Offline BleedGreen1989

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 568
I don't know how much I like it but I could see Danny making a move like this.
*CB Miami Heat*
Kyle Lowry, Dwayne Wade, 13th pick in even numbered rounds, 18th pick in odd numbered rounds.

« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2013, 11:23:46 AM »

Offline Geo123

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 33
I personally don't like that trade.  A healthy Eric Gordon, sure but not one that has missed 20 and 26 games respectively each of the last 2 years.  When you add in his contract way too much risk...

« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2013, 11:27:35 AM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25636
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
I personally don't like that trade.  A healthy Eric Gordon, sure but not one that has missed 20 and 26 games respectively each of the last 2 years.  When you add in his contract way too much risk...

The 26 games and 20 games missed are what he sat out three and fours years ago.  The past two years have been even worse, missing 40 games last season, and 57 (out of a total off 66) games the season before that.

Gordon's talent is undeniable, but paying a guy with that injury history roughly $15 million per season seems foolish.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2013, 11:29:17 AM »

Offline rondohondo

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1196
I think I might be willing to take a gamble like this

PG: Rondo
SG: Gordon
SF: Green
PF: Sully
 C: Jordan

We can still trade KG if he wants to keep playing for jordan, his deal is only 2 more years so it isn't a killer.

Not a bad young core, but would have to hit on a couple picks in the draft to become contenders.

« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2013, 11:31:22 AM »

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 885
Stay away from this one big time. I would hate this deal. Gordon cant even stay on the floor. At least Pierce gives a healthy chance at 19,6 and 5 while being a veteran closer.

I dont want an undersized 6 3 shooting guard who is injured and making 15 mil on this team by any means.

« Reply #6 on: May 21, 2013, 11:31:26 AM »

Offline rondohondo

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1196

The 26 games and 20 games missed are what he sat out three and fours years ago.  The past two years have been even worse, missing 40 games last season, and 57 (out of a total off 66) games the season before that.

Gordon's talent is undeniable, but paying a guy with that injury history roughly $15 million per season seems foolish.

Bradley's injury history isn't much better, but you're right that is a lot of money to take on.

« Reply #7 on: May 21, 2013, 11:32:11 AM »

Offline jbaerg

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 16
If Gordon can stay healthy and get a bit of an attitude adjustment, I'd be ok with the trade. However, that's asking quite a bit.

« Reply #8 on: May 21, 2013, 11:32:42 AM »

Offline WeMadeIt17

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 435
Yeah interesting to say the least. But i just texted my buddy who is a New Orleans fan and said this guy McNamara is no reliable. So we'll see what comes of this. Figured it was a B.S. rumor but i love me some rumors.

« Reply #9 on: May 21, 2013, 11:37:51 AM »

Offline StartOrien

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1200
I'm stealing a point made by Zack Lowe, but it'd be interesting to see how Rondo would adapt/develop playing next to another capable creator and facilitator like Gordon.

Rondo's always had a lot of pressure to create, and I'm wondering how he'd adapt if some of that load was taken off his shoulders. Could he adapt, and play a role similar to Tony Parker on the Spurs or does he just always need the ball in his hands to be an effective offensive contributor? A healthy Eric Gordon would certainly let you see that.

« Reply #10 on: May 21, 2013, 11:39:35 AM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2401
I like the idea of Pierce for E.Gordon but I worry about including Bradley also.

There is a lot of risk with Eric Gordon's health / contract.

« Reply #11 on: May 21, 2013, 11:39:54 AM »

Offline StartOrien

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1200
I think, at the end of the day I say 'no' because of Gordon's health and I still strongly believe that Avery is going to rebound offensively when he returns to the 2 guard next season.

The downside there is that if he does, you're going to have to pay him.

« Reply #12 on: May 21, 2013, 11:40:16 AM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327
I'm stealing a point made by Zack Lowe, but it'd be interesting to see how Rondo would adapt/develop playing next to another capable creator and facilitator like Gordon.

Rondo's always had a lot of pressure to create, and I'm wondering how he'd adapt if some of that load was taken off his shoulders. Could he adapt, and play a role similar to Tony Parker on the Spurs or does he just always need the ball in his hands to be an effective offensive contributor? A healthy Eric Gordon would certainly let you see that.
He did fine with Pierce/KG as the creators years 2007-2010.

Now its not a certainty he can adjust his game back, but he has in the past.

« Reply #13 on: May 21, 2013, 11:41:52 AM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327
I like the idea of Pierce for E.Gordon but I worry about including Bradley also.

Yeah but I doubt NO dumps Gordon without getting an asset back. A straight salary dump isn't something I think they'd want.

« Reply #14 on: May 21, 2013, 11:46:40 AM »

Offline Chris

• Global Moderator
  • Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 642

I think if you can use Bradley to get a player who has shown the ability to be a star, and who is 24 years old...you have to do it.  Bradley is a nice player to have on your team, but I just think his cieling is limited...and let's not forget, he has his own injury concerns, even if they are not on the same level as Gordon's.