Author Topic: Bobcats and Celtics RUMOR by me  (Read 7137 times)

Re: Bobcats and Celtics RUMOR by me
« Reply #30 on: May 22, 2013, 12:13:02 PM »

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 885
I would say that his doesn't really qualify as a rumor, because you just made it up, but, well, that's how all of the ESPN rumors start.

I'm in. Here's the rumor mill story:

Celtics and Bobcats talking draft-day trade?
A reputable source close to Charlotte tweeted this morning that the Celtics and Bobcats could be kicking the tires on a draft-day deal. "I know a lot of people in this league, and not talking about packaging the #16 pick and Brandon Bass for a lottery pick is not something that the Celtics wouldn't do," Stephen A. Smith later told Ryan Russillo on ESPN radio this afternoon, "Now I was having dinner just last night with an executive who told me that Danny Ainge might be the sort of GM who is definitely without a doubt trying to trade up in the draft.

This is great. Im gonna make up a rumor mill quote.

"Danny Ainge might be the sort of GM who is looking at all possibilities to positively improve upon both the now and the future of our franchise."

See I can do what Steven A Smith does and note to ESPN, I would take a lot less salary then you are giving him.

Re: Bobcats and Celtics RUMOR by me
« Reply #31 on: May 22, 2013, 01:30:59 PM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
I would say that his doesn't really qualify as a rumor, because you just made it up, but, well, that's how all of the ESPN rumors start.

I'm in. Here's the rumor mill story:

Celtics and Bobcats talking draft-day trade?
A reputable source close to Charlotte tweeted this morning that the Celtics and Bobcats could be kicking the tires on a draft-day deal. "I know a lot of people in this league, and not talking about packaging the #16 pick and Brandon Bass for a lottery pick is not something that the Celtics wouldn't do," Stephen A. Smith later told Ryan Russillo on ESPN radio this afternoon, "Now I was having dinner just last night with an executive who told me that Danny Ainge might be the sort of GM who is definitely without a doubt trying to trade up in the draft.

This is great. Im gonna make up a rumor mill quote.

"Danny Ainge might be the sort of GM who is looking at all possibilities to positively improve upon both the now and the future of our franchise."

See I can do what Steven A Smith does and note to ESPN, I would take a lot less salary then you are giving him.
that wouldn't work -- ESPN equates his overpriced salary with having something of value to say.   Rule 1 for success: if you're going to blather on about false rumors and say nothing of value, be sure to charge a lot for it   ;)