Author Topic: KG for Hickson; Pierce for Asik  (Read 2093 times)

KG for Hickson; Pierce for Asik
« on: May 21, 2013, 09:28:27 AM »

Offline rasta1

• Kristaps Porzingis
  • Tommy Points: 21
I was thinking of sending KG and Jet in a S&T situation for JJ Hickson from Portland along with maybe a first round pick; portland's window is closing because I doubt Aldridge resigns with them

After that we consider a pierce for asik to help houston go after 2 max level players

I expect Pierce to get waived and join KG in Portland

Portland would have: Lillard/Matthews/Pierce/Aldridge/KG along with Batum in the mix and that would be fantastic for them

I'd then consider packaging the Portland Pick and Our Pick to move up in this draft

We'd then roll with Rondo/Bradley/Green/Hickson/Asik...no the best lineup offensively but we finally establish something resembling a front court with Green/Hickson/Asik

Re: KG for Hickson; Pierce for Asik
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2013, 09:29:32 AM »

Offline LEHGOCELTICS

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 18
Portand isn't trying to contend quite frankly. And JJ isn't worth relinquishing KG for.

all in for r rondo all in for r rondo all in for r rondo all in for r rondo all in for r rondo

« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2013, 09:43:40 AM »

Offline CelticG1

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 288
I don't see the point of the trade.

We may not be that grwat now but what's the point of acquiring a couple average guys in their prime?

Rather do nothing

« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2013, 09:44:36 AM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327
I'd love Pierce for Asik.

I don't have any interest in Hickson.

« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2013, 11:02:32 AM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1549
Pierce for Asik would be huge, but I don't think Houston makes that trade as they don't need to.  They can sign Howard without doing it and if they are just going to waive Pierce and then pay him 4 million to drop him, they can always just move Asik in a sign and trade for either Howard or the other max player they would go after.  Absolutely no point for Houston to make that trade.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2013, 11:15:05 AM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25628
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
Hickson just isn't a very good player, regardless of what his statistics may say.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #6 on: May 21, 2013, 11:19:11 AM »

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 885
Yeah this is a big no thanks for me.

Asik would be great dont get me wrong, and I would take Hickson under small salary or minimal trade bait circumstances but not at the expense of Garnett. Hickson and Asik, without Pierce or KG on the squad, wouldnt put this team over the top by any means. Plus KG wouldnt be playing in Portland.

« Reply #7 on: May 21, 2013, 11:35:53 AM »

Offline Geo123

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 33
I'd love Pierce for Asik.

I don't have any interest in Hickson.

Neither trade have a prayer of happening IMO.  KG has no interest in going to Portland, and sinc ehe has a NT it's the end of the story.  As for Pierce for Asik.  Read the comments on DHoward, supposedly he likes the idea of playing with Asik...

http://www.cbssports.com/nba/blog/ken-berger/22270956/howard-no-lock-to-return-to-lakers-to-explore-fa-options-intrigued-by-rockets

« Reply #8 on: May 21, 2013, 11:48:56 AM »

Offline Meadowlark_Scal

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 670
  • You say when......
Better still to keep kg....no matter what.....! He is the glue here....! PP IF he can accept a smaller role....!