Author Topic: Rondo for Noel is starting to make a lot of sense to me ......  (Read 8733 times)

Offline rondohondo

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1196
I think Noel has the potential to be a great big man , in the KG mold.

This season as a freshmen , Noel was basically averaging a double double with 10ppg,9.5rpg ,4.5 blocks per game ,2 steals per game ,60% FG's,53%ft's in 30mpg.

For comparison sake

Tim Duncan his freshmen year at Wake Forest put up 10ppg,9.5rpg,4 bpg, 54% fg's,75% FT's in 30mpg

Anthony Davis :14 ppg,10.5rpg,4.7bpg,1.5spg 62%fg,70%ft

Obviously both Tim Duncan and Davis are better shooters and it shows from the line, but every other stat is very similar .

I know stats aren't the only thing , but he passes the eye test as well, and have know doubt he could be a defensive anchor for the next decade.

He's also a hometown boy , so if you are going to trade Rondo for anyone in this draft it would be Noel .

So here are some trade possibilities for trades with teams in the lottery to land Noel back home in Boston ......

BOS Sends: Rondo,Lee and #16 pick (fab too if needed)

CHAR Sends: Nerlens Noel,Sessions,Ben Gordon

Bos Roster

PG: Sessions  / Terry
SG: Bradley   / Ben Gordon
SF: Green     / PP
PF: Sully     / Bass
 C: KG        / Noel

For Boston

I'm telling you right now a KG,Sully,Noel front line rotation would be absolutely beastly .

A future front court of Sully and Noel has so much potential also . I am drooling at this possibility .

While Sessions is in no way a top 15 pg , he is still very capable of running a team in the Andre Miller type role .

Char Roster

PG: Rondo                / Kemba Walker
SG: Henderson(resigned)  / Lee
SF: Kidd Gilchrist      / Taylor
PF: Biyombo            / #16 pick
 C: Mullens            / vet min

For Char

They finally get a chance to get a game changer to lead all the yung talent they have . I think a 1-3 of Rondo, Henderson , Gilchrist can grow into something really good for the bobcats . Lee is a reasonably priced backup sg for them and insurance in case Henderson bolts town . To me they would be a 5-7 seed in the east with some maturing.

There are actually a lot of fair trades with lottery teams for Rondo that could be had, but I only do it if we can land Noel.

KG teaching Noel and Sully for the next few years would be something special.

So what do you think ? is it possible ?

Re: Rondo for Noel is starting to make a lot of sense to me ......
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2013, 10:09:22 PM »

Offline ScottHow

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 354
  • It's what I do! It's who I am!
I'd do it, and with mj there anything is possible

« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2013, 10:12:01 PM »

Offline Stizz44

• Oshae Brissett
  • Tommy Points: 3
Hell Yeah, and tank the entire 2013-2014 season for a top 5 lottery pick in the 2014 draft.

Maybe even get Wiggins or Parker.

#Rebuild Complete

« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2013, 10:15:03 PM »

Offline The Rondo Show

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 364
  • Hook 'Em
Not a fan. Given Noel's potential is sky high, but I'm not trading a perennial all star (even if he did tear his ACL) for an unproven guy coming off an injury at this point.
DKC Suns

« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2013, 10:19:43 PM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2404
I would do it. 10-15 years of Noel trumps 5+ years of Rondo.

It's a good offer so I think Charlotte might agree to it but I wouldn't do it if I were them. Rondo is too old for a team that is that far away from competing for a title.

« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2013, 10:20:34 PM »

Offline Celtics18

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1469
How can we make Rondo and Noel happen?  Shouldn't there be a rule that we get the best player to come out of Boston since . . . since . . . shouldn't there be a rule that we get the best player to come out of Boston?
DKC Seventy-Sixers:

PG: G. Hill/D. Schroder
SG: C. Lee/B. Hield/T. Luwawu
SF:  Giannis/J. Lamb/M. Kuzminskas
PF:  E. Ilyasova/J. Jerebko/R. Christmas
C:    N. Vucevic/K. Olynyk/E. Davis/C. Jefferson

« Reply #6 on: May 20, 2013, 10:21:26 PM »

Offline Evantime34

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 764
  • Eagerly Awaiting the Next Fantasy Draft
If the C's do a deal like this they better have a deal to move KG and Pierce ready to go. If they move Rondo for a draft pick they will be rebuilding and need to move the vets but the problem is other teams will know this and low ball them
DKC:  Rockets
CB Draft: Memphis Grizz
Players: Klay Thompson, Jabari Parker, Aaron Gordon
Next 3 picks: 4.14, 4.15, 4.19

« Reply #7 on: May 20, 2013, 10:24:53 PM »

Offline EnJoY

• Xavier Tillman
  • Tommy Points: 2
I think you trade Rondo for the #1 this year, and lottery pick next year, plus an expiring contract.  The goal is to get Noel this year and be in on Parker / Wiggins next year.

So after the Rondo trade, you trade Peirce and KG for Assets and first round picks, or straight up for lottery picks.  Then you package your picks and assets together in 2014 to get Wiggins.

Wiggins, Noel, Sullinger, Bradley is the new core.

« Reply #8 on: May 20, 2013, 10:25:41 PM »

Offline gpap

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 417
I'd do it.

Charlotte may do it because well....they're Charlotte (lol.)

Honestly for them it kinda makes sense because instead of always drafting high, this year they can actually build around a star player like Rondo.

For the Celts, they finally get a prodigy that could turn into a perennial star.

Another reason why Noel could likely be had is because his stock did take a hit upon his torn ACL injury, which would worry me as well.

But, I'd take the chance.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2013, 10:32:54 PM by gpap »

« Reply #9 on: May 20, 2013, 10:37:07 PM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1763
  • Everybody knows what's best for you
If you make this trade, you better be 'Tim Duncan' sure that he is going to work out. I would hate to trade our franchise player hitting his prime for a Stromile Swift-type. I hear about how awesome Noel is, but I am pretty sure that is based on potential since he didn't totally tear it up in college.

It really comes down as to whether or not Ainge wants to completely blow it up...because if Rondo is gone, so are Pierce, Garnett, and Terry.

« Reply #10 on: May 20, 2013, 10:41:11 PM »

Offline rondohondo

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1196
I'd do it.

Honestly for them it kinda makes sense because instead of always drafting high, this year they can actually build around a star player like Rondo.

For the Celts, they finally get a prodigy that could turn into a perennial star.

Another reason why Noel could likely be had is because his stock did take a hit upon his torn ACL injury, which would worry me as well.

since Rondo suffered the same kind of injury and is 8 years older, I would take the gamble no doubt . Plus Rondo depends so much more on his cutting ability and with his slight build takes some punishing hits driving the lane .

« Reply #11 on: May 20, 2013, 10:42:16 PM »

Offline bfrombleacher

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 367
I'd do it.

since Rondo suffered the same kind of injury and is 8 years older, I would take the gamble no doubt . Plus Rondo depends so much more on his cutting ability and with his slight build takes some punishing hits driving the lane .

NerlensHondo? NoelHondo?

« Reply #12 on: May 20, 2013, 10:51:13 PM »

Offline Smitty77

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 269
We would have to get back Kemba.

« Reply #13 on: May 20, 2013, 10:52:11 PM »

Offline gpap

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 417
I'd do it.

That's a good point. The same question marks that could come with Noel could also certainly come with Rondo and Rondo will certainly need to rely on his knees a lot more than Noel.

« Reply #14 on: May 20, 2013, 11:00:52 PM »

Offline The Rondo Show

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 364
  • Hook 'Em
If it would work out great, I just think the risk is too huge to actually pull the trigger.

Can you imagine the hysteria and panic if this happened and Noel turned out to be a bust?
DKC Suns