Author Topic: Draft Day Realistic Trade Idea: Celtics and Clippers  (Read 4152 times)

Re: Draft Day Realistic Trade Idea: Celtics and Clippers
« Reply #15 on: May 21, 2013, 09:28:29 AM »

Offline LEHGOCELTICS

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 18
Seems equitable enough for me. I'd probably be a bit overjoyed though, since Bledsoe is one of my favourite players in the league.  ;D

all in for r rondo all in for r rondo all in for r rondo all in for r rondo all in for r rondo

« Reply #16 on: May 21, 2013, 12:06:55 PM »

Offline LooseCannon

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 950
I don't want Deandre Jordan.  Giant overpaid mess that isn't going to be an integral part of a Boston title and just hamstrings flexibility.  That said, I would trade for him if we also moved Bass in the deal as that alleviates some of the financial burden of Jordan's albatross deal.

If it were possible under the salary cap, I probably would not trade Bass straight up for Jordan.
"The worst thing that ever happened in sports was sports radio, and the internet is sports radio on steroids with lower IQs.” -- Brian Burke, former Toronto Maple Leafs senior adviser, at the 2013 MIT Sloan Sports Analytics Conference

« Reply #17 on: May 21, 2013, 12:34:59 PM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2402
I think people are too quick to write of DeAndre Jordan. He is still very young and has a lot of room for growth defensively.

I think he has a good chance at becoming an All-League defender with strong coaching. He would be a guy I would be happy to take a chance on.

« Reply #18 on: May 21, 2013, 12:44:13 PM »

Offline LooseCannon

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 950
I just don't believe that any amount of practice or coaching will make DeAndre Jordan a better free-throw shooter.  If that doesn't change, he has to be historically good at defense and rebounding to make him more than a 20-25mpg role player who shouldn't be on the floor during crunch time.
"The worst thing that ever happened in sports was sports radio, and the internet is sports radio on steroids with lower IQs.” -- Brian Burke, former Toronto Maple Leafs senior adviser, at the 2013 MIT Sloan Sports Analytics Conference

« Reply #19 on: May 21, 2013, 01:08:03 PM »

Offline Lucky17

• DKC Commish
  • JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 2352
Marc Stein reports that David West may be a FA target for the Clips this offseason.

http://espn.go.com/blog/truehoop/post/_/id/58474/los-angeles-clippers-eyeing-david-west

Despite chemistry between West and CP3, would the Clips really play Blake Griffin at C next to West?
DKC League is now on reddit!: http://www.reddit.com/r/dkcleague