Author Topic: Draft Day Realistic Trade Idea: Celtics and Clippers  (Read 4144 times)

Draft Day Realistic Trade Idea: Celtics and Clippers
« on: May 20, 2013, 09:21:08 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
Saw this one mock draft recently and it had a pretty darn interesting trade idea which makes quite a bit of sense for both teams. But in order for this to work the right players have to be available for both teams

To Clippers: Paul Pierce, Fab Melo, 16th pick(Olynyk)

To Celtics: Deandre Jordan, Eric Bledsoe, Caron Butler, 25th pick (Glen Rice Jr.)

Why Clippers would do this?? Pierce is the type of wingman they were missing in this playoffs. Someone who doesn't have to try to do it himself, but can help out Griffin and Paul when they run into a funk. They would love to keep Bledsoe as a backup pg, but Paul is too important right now not to lose. Jordan and Griffin are too similiar in that both are athletic, but don't have high bbiq, can't create their own shots. Olynyk would balance this problem out

Why the Celtics would do this?? Pierce is as good as gone and he will want to go west to play for a contender. So intead of losing him for nothing, this is prob the best way to say goodbye.  You finally get a backup Center, and once KG leaves, there is a nice balance between brains and raw athleticism front court in Sully + Joran.  Bledsoe is a nice insurance in case Rondo doesn't comeback healthy, plus is the backup pt we always needed and finally you get to add sf help with Glen Rice Jr.

Celtics starting lineup - KG-Sully-Green-AB-ROndo
Celtics off the bench lineup - Jordan-Bass-Rice Jr.- Terry-Bledsoe

Depth: Butler, T Will, Crawford

I personally like this trade alot. Thoughts?

Re: Draft Day Realistic Trade Idea: Celtics and Clippers
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2013, 09:27:50 PM »

Offline wiley

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 386
I like this one.  Nice find.

« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2013, 09:30:34 PM »

Offline Evantime34

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 764
  • Eagerly Awaiting the Next Fantasy Draft
Saw this one mock draft recently and it had a pretty darn interesting trade idea which makes quite a bit of sense for both teams. But in order for this to work the right players have to be available for both teams

To Celtics: Deandre Jordan, Eric Bledsoe, Caron Butler, 25th pick (Glen Rice Jr.)

Why Clippers would do this?? Pierce is the type of wingman they were missing in this playoffs. Someone who doesn't have to try to do it himself, but can help out Griffin and Paul when they run into a funk. They would love to keep Bledsoe as a backup pg, but Paul is too important right now not to lose. Jordan and Griffin are too similiar in that both are athletic, but don't have high bbiq, can't create their own shots. Olynyk would balance this problem out

Why the Celtics would do this?? Pierce is as good as gone and he will want to go west to play for a contender. So intead of losing him for nothing, this is prob the best way to say goodbye.  You finally get a backup Center, and once KG leaves, there is a nice balance between brains and raw athleticism front court in Sully + Joran.  Bledsoe is a nice insurance in case Rondo doesn't comeback healthy, plus is the backup pt we always needed and finally you get to add sf help with Glen Rice Jr.

Yeah I probably do this, I'm not a huge Glen Rice Jr. fan and wouldn't pick him at 25 (personality concerns).

I think if they deal Pierce they will either move KG as part of the package or move him in a sperate deal on draft night.
DKC:  Rockets
CB Draft: Memphis Grizz
Players: Klay Thompson, Jabari Parker, Aaron Gordon
Next 3 picks: 4.14, 4.15, 4.19

« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2013, 10:05:39 PM »

Offline CFAN38

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 420

Not bad but I would think the clippers would need to feel confident that they could sign a big like Kaman to fill void at center. Olynk and melo can't be expected to play next year.

As for the cs I would rather they go with a big like Adams to develop behind Jordan in this situation
Mavs
Wiz
Hornet

« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2013, 10:46:28 PM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1756
  • Everybody knows what's best for you
A trade with the Clippers isn't anything particularly surprising, but I think if they are going to give up Bledsoe and Jordan, they are going to want Pierce and KG - which I guess I'm okay with since KG would probably just retire if Pierce was traded.

« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2013, 11:02:34 PM »

Offline The Rondo Show

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 364
  • Hook 'Em
A trade with the Clippers isn't anything particularly surprising, but I think if they are going to give up Bledsoe and Jordan, they are going to want Pierce and KG - which I guess I'm okay with since KG would probably just retire if Pierce was traded.

This
DKC Suns

« Reply #6 on: May 20, 2013, 11:10:22 PM »

Offline Kane3387

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 944
  • Intensity!!!
I think want Garnett more then Paul pierce.

KG: "Dude.... What is up with yo shorts?!"

CBD_2016 Cavs Remaining Picks - 14.14

« Reply #7 on: May 20, 2013, 11:34:12 PM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.
If they're going to keep the player (and not dump Pierce for his salary), I also think they want Garnett.

And I think Garnett either retires or stays, in which case Pierce stays as well, which seems an almost certainty to not happen.

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner

« Reply #8 on: May 21, 2013, 12:25:34 AM »

Offline drogbagarnett

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 37

I like this if the clippers are interested.. except i would replace Rice Jr with Ricky Ledo with the 25th pick..

« Reply #9 on: May 21, 2013, 12:48:51 AM »

Offline Lucky17

• DKC Commish
  • JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 2352
Didn't the Clippers already turn down this kind of offer for KG?
DKC League is now on reddit!: http://www.reddit.com/r/dkcleague

« Reply #10 on: May 21, 2013, 01:01:24 AM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.

That's the company line, but we also heard that it was very close, and KG's reluctance to waive his no trade clause also played a factor. Who knows who/what/when it was actually killed?

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner

« Reply #11 on: May 21, 2013, 05:25:11 AM »

Offline greenhead85

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 35
I like the idea of acquiring the Clippers players. However, I think it is better, if salary works, that we offer KG instead of PP and let the Celts buyout Pierce so he could join KG in the Clippers line up. Plus, I would want us to keep our 16th pick. And instead of acquiring the Clippers' 2013 first round pick we might as well ask for their 2nd rounder next year.

One more thing, I think Butler comes first before Glen Rice Jr in the depth chart.

« Reply #12 on: May 21, 2013, 08:56:52 AM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1533
I don't want Deandre Jordan.  Giant overpaid mess that isn't going to be an integral part of a Boston title and just hamstrings flexibility.  That said, I would trade for him if we also moved Bass in the deal as that alleviates some of the financial burden of Jordan's albatross deal.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #13 on: May 21, 2013, 09:05:04 AM »

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 885
As much as I like the return I wouldnt want to let go of Pierce in that deal. However there is no way to get Jordan or Bledsoe without giving up Pierce or KG so I just say no to the deal.

« Reply #14 on: May 21, 2013, 09:25:02 AM »

Offline CelticG1

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 288

That's the company line, but we also heard that it was very close, and KG's reluctance to waive his no trade clause also played a factor. Who knows who/what/when it was actually killed?

Also Jordan and Bledsoe, I would think, certainly hurt their stock moreso than Pierce and KG