Author Topic: lakers knicks trade idea  (Read 939 times)

lakers knicks trade idea
« on: May 20, 2013, 08:56:48 PM »

Offline Humble G

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 983
my buddy ran this idea by me (he is a heat fan but we love talkin sports) and it kinda makes some sense.

didn't look at salaries BUT:

something like a S&T of Howard for Amare and shumpert.

why lakers: Amare did well under mike D. and Pau has mentioned wanting to play C again and IF amare is healthy those 2 could be nice together, plus shumpert would be great for LA.

why kincks: amare is hurt and doesnt quite fit plus dwight and tyson chandler down low would be a nightmare for opposing offenses. do have to give up shumpert but maybe drag out a future 1st too, which might be huge if kobe  and Amare dont come back healthy...high draft pick maybe.

thoughts?

Re: lakers knicks trade idea
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2013, 07:42:22 AM »

Offline Humble G

• Bill Walton
no  thoughts at all?? I told my friend that i'd test his trade idea on the best blog site ever! .........so far I have nothing to tell him  :'(

« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2013, 08:20:18 AM »

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 885
If they are going to do s sign and trade they aren't going to do it for Amare. If Howard is leaving LA because of the media stress etc he is not going to agree to play for the Knicks anyway.

The Lakers are already cashed strapped I dont think they wanna dish out 20 mil for two more years to Amare when nobody knows if he is going to be healthy or not. The Lakers would be crazy to do this especially already being at 80 mil in cap next year.

« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2013, 08:48:03 AM »

Offline European NBA fan

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 141
If they are going to do s sign and trade they aren't going to do it for Amare. If Howard is leaving LA because of the media stress etc he is not going to agree to play for the Knicks anyway.

The Lakers are already cashed strapped I dont think they wanna dish out 20 mil for two more years to Amare when nobody knows if he is going to be healthy or not. The Lakers would be crazy to do this especially already being at 80 mil in cap next year.

I agree with all of the above. The problem with Amare, is that his contract is insane on several levels:
- It's way too big for his production. Even if he plays to his potential, he would be overpaid.
- It's too long. It's not easy to make cap space under the new CBA, and this kind of contract removes all possibilities of signing major free agents for a long time.
- It's uninsured and he isn't healthy.

« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2013, 08:52:12 AM »

Offline BleedGreen1989

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 568
Terribleeee for LA
*CB Miami Heat*
Kyle Lowry, Dwayne Wade, 13th pick in even numbered rounds, 18th pick in odd numbered rounds.

« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2013, 12:08:43 PM »

Offline Humble G

• Bill Walton
the thing is dwight isnt the healthiest either, he still complains bout his back off and on all this year. The idea was to have the core of the trade be dwight for amare...you throw in a couple of pieces like maybe shumpert and the deal isnt bad. i dont think howard will do well in LA and NY is similar but totally different at the same time......knicks are huge but do not have the legacy and pressure to win as bad as LA, knicks fans are use to losing lol