Author Topic: Pure salary Dump, Trade for Amare; ship Pierce to team looking for cap space  (Read 1688 times)

Offline rasta1

• Kristaps Porzingis
  • Tommy Points: 21
Knicks are in a win now mode and are basically stuck in their current position

Edit: Ignore this it isn't possible
« Last Edit: May 21, 2013, 09:31:13 AM by rasta1 »

Offline Lucky17

• DKC Commish
  • JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 2352
Third thread in a week proposing Lee, Bass, Terry for Amare.

I feel like I'm living in an echo chamber.

we can also just amnesty Amare

No. You cannot trade for a player and then use the amnesty provision on him.
DKC League is now on reddit!: http://www.reddit.com/r/dkcleague

Offline gpap

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 417
Seeing Crawford and Melo on the same team would be interesting.

Offline ManUp

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 285
  • Rondo doesn't believe in easy buckets...
You can't amnesty Amare. It's amazing how many times the amnesty clause has been explained yet still is so widely misunderstood. RoyHobbs, probably face palms every time posts like this happen. He has explained it on multiple occasions in threads, the front page, etc.

The amnesty only applies to contracts on the team before the new cba was signed (aka the end of the 2011 lockout). No trading for guys and amnestying them, no signing guys and amnestying them. They (more specifically their contract) had to be on the team before 2011 season. 

So basically the only players the Celtics are able to amnesty in all of existence are Bradley, Rondo, and Pierce. No one else qualifies for us not Bass, not KG, not Green. Also, the amnesty is a one time use thing so you can't use it multiple times.

With that in mind Amare's contract is an albatross/cap-killer. I don't think he improves this team enough to justify us taking on all that dead weight. Bass, Lee, Terry, etc are all very movable contracts in comparison. Preserving the cap is going to be very important in the coming years.

Sidenote: Feel free to let me have it where I was wrong.

Offline BleedGreen1989

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 568
You can't amnesty Amare. It's amazing how many times the amnesty clause has been explained yet still is so widely misunderstood. RoyHobbs, probably face palms every time posts like this happen. He has explained it on multiple occasions in threads, the front page, etc.

The amnesty only applies to contracts on the team before the new cba was signed (aka the end of the 2011 lockout). No trading for guys and amnestying them, no signing guys and amnestying them. They (more specifically their contract) had to be on the team before 2011 season. 

So basically the only players the Celtics are able to amnesty in all of existence are Bradley, Rondo, and Pierce. No one else qualifies for us not Bass, not KG, not Green. Also, the amnesty is a one time use thing so you can't use it multiple times.

With that in mind Amare's contract is an albatross/cap-killer. I don't think he improves this team enough to justify us taking on all that dead weight. Bass, Lee, Terry, etc are all very movable contracts in comparison. Preserving the cap is going to be very important in the coming years.

Sidenote: Feel free to let me have it where I was wrong.

Nope, think you pretty much hit the nail on the head on all accounts.
*CB Miami Heat*
Kyle Lowry, Dwayne Wade, 13th pick in even numbered rounds, 18th pick in odd numbered rounds.

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 885
Third thread in a week proposing Lee, Bass, Terry for Amare.

I feel like I'm living in an echo chamber.

we can also just amnesty Amare

No. You cannot trade for a player and then use the amnesty provision on him.

Sums up all thoughts on not only this post but trading for Amare as well.

Offline Humble G

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 983
If we ship Pierce out for salary relief for a team, they will just cut him to save money right? could we re-sign him sometime this year then?