Author Topic: Terry/16th for Perkins/Lamb  (Read 5717 times)

Re: Terry/16th for Perkins/Lamb
« Reply #30 on: May 20, 2013, 02:35:47 PM »

Offline hardlyyardley

• NCE
  • Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 149
Perkins is washed up.....what makes you think Lamb is that great other than his college
career....did not do much this year with Thunder...still would do the trade but not give the 16th unless we got the 12th back   

« Reply #31 on: May 20, 2013, 02:47:49 PM »

Offline CelticG1

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 288
why do some folks on this board still believe perk is a good nba player?

Real GM: "Kendrick Perkins finished the 2013 NBA Playoffs with a PER of -0.7, which is the worst on record for a player with 200 or more minutes.

Perkins had 24 turnovers, 24 points, 39 fouls, five blocks and a plus/minus of -40 in the playoffs."

THAT, ladies and gentlemen, is truly awful.

http://sulia.com/cha...?source=twitter

His post season wasn't great but during the year he was one of the best defenders in the league.
.75 Points Per Possession 29th in the NBA (around 20 of those probably only played in garbage time) allowing 36.2% shooting to opponents.
He is still an elite defender in Isolation, Pick and Roll and spot up.
stats courtesy of mysynergysports.com

If we brought him back and put him next to KG, Pierce, Bradley and Rondo we would probably have the best defense in the NBA.

Little cherry pickng too especially when you consider he doesn't do anythig else on the court.

Weren't Bass's advanced densive stats exremely high as well? I mean he's a decent defender, did great against Melo, but I still wouldn't consider him "one of the best defenders in the league".

And if you do think those guys are some of the best defenders in the league than I guess I jist don't think defense means nearly as much as everything else.

« Reply #32 on: May 20, 2013, 03:00:18 PM »

Offline Evantime34

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 764
  • Eagerly Awaiting the Next Fantasy Draft

Real GM: "Kendrick Perkins finished the 2013 NBA Playoffs with a PER of -0.7, which is the worst on record for a player with 200 or more minutes.

Perkins had 24 turnovers, 24 points, 39 fouls, five blocks and a plus/minus of -40 in the playoffs."

His post season wasn't great but during the year he was one of the best defenders in the league.
.75 Points Per Possession 29th in the NBA (around 20 of those probably only played in garbage time) allowing 36.2% shooting to opponents.

If we brought him back and put him next to KG, Pierce, Bradley and Rondo we would probably have the best defense in the NBA.

Little cherry pickng too especially when you consider he doesn't do anythig else on the court.

Weren't Bass's advanced densive stats exremely high as well? I mean he's a decent defender, did great against Melo, but I still wouldn't consider him "one of the best defenders in the league".

And if you do think those guys are some of the best defenders in the league than I guess I jist don't think defense means nearly as much as everything else.
Kendrick Perkins rebounding rate of 13.7 would have been second on the C's last year (minimum 50 games played) and shot blocking rate of 3.2 would have been the best on the C's (minimum 20 games played). So he doesn't bring just defense to the table  he also is a good rebounder ( he boxes out allowing other players on his team a better chance to get rebounds but I couldn't find a stat for that), on a team that is poor at rebounding he would help.

On offense he doesn't provide much but he does have the ability to set bone jarring screens to free his teammates. If you look back at old clips of the Celtics when he was on the team, you'll notice that a lot of Ray Allen's open jumpers had a lot to do with a solid screen set by Perk.
DKC:  Rockets
CB Draft: Memphis Grizz
Players: Klay Thompson, Jabari Parker, Aaron Gordon
Next 3 picks: 4.14, 4.15, 4.19

« Reply #33 on: May 20, 2013, 04:39:52 PM »

Offline CelticG1

• Antoine Walker

Kendrick Perkins rebounding rate of 13.7 would have been second on the C's last year (minimum 50 games played) and shot blocking rate of 3.2 would have been the best on the C's (minimum 20 games played). So he doesn't bring just defense to the table  he also is a good rebounder ( he boxes out allowing other players on his team a better chance to get rebounds but I couldn't find a stat for that), on a team that is poor at rebounding he would help.

On offense he doesn't provide much but he does have the ability to set bone jarring screens to free his teammates. If you look back at old clips of the Celtics when he was on the team, you'll notice that a lot of Ray Allen's open jumpers had a lot to do with a solid screen set by Perk.

Few things:

"Old clips"

- Perk plays about 25 minutes or half a game

Okay his rebounding would fractionally help considering we don't have 1 center on our team.

Yes slight exagerration that he doesn't literally do anything but I think you are clutching at straws if one of Perks greatest qualities is setting screens. I mean its important but its way down the list.

I mean at best isn't Perk an average center with a pretty terrible contract? He's probably an average center and he's not on a team friendly contract so what is it?

He honestly seems like he'd be a really good back up center on a title team or something

« Reply #34 on: May 20, 2013, 04:44:04 PM »

Offline CelticG1

• Antoine Walker
 There's a pretty good argument, before the playoffs even started that Perk was the worst starting center out of those 16 teams. No one can really argue that he is in at least the bottom 3.

That's before he had a historically bad playoffs

« Reply #35 on: May 20, 2013, 07:19:03 PM »

Offline Evantime34

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 764
  • Eagerly Awaiting the Next Fantasy Draft

Few things:

"Old clips"

- Perk plays about 25 minutes or half a game

Okay his rebounding would fractionally help considering we don't have 1 center on our team.

Yes slight exagerration that he doesn't literally do anything but I think you are clutching at straws if one of Perks greatest qualities is setting screens. I mean its important but its way down the list.

I mean at best isn't Perk an average center with a pretty terrible contract? He's probably an average center and he's not on a team friendly contract so what is it?

He honestly seems like he'd be a really good back up center on a title team or something
Centers are paid more than other players because of the lack of them. So I would say he's about in the middle of the pack as far as true centers and $8 MM is the price for an average true center.

Regardless of where he stands in the pantheon of starting centers I would rather have him than Jason Terry, a combo guard who can no longer create his shot with regularity on a team that needs shot creation. I see Perkins as filling more of a role with his rebounding than Terry does with his offense that consists of transition 3's and open 3's after ball movement.

That's not to say that I would take on Perkins contract without some type of compensation. I would want a first round pick in any deal like this (instead of us giving one up)
« Last Edit: May 20, 2013, 07:28:23 PM by Evantime34 »
DKC:  Rockets
CB Draft: Memphis Grizz
Players: Klay Thompson, Jabari Parker, Aaron Gordon
Next 3 picks: 4.14, 4.15, 4.19