Author Topic: Terry/16th for Perkins/Lamb  (Read 5700 times)

Re: Terry/16th for Perkins/Lamb
« Reply #15 on: May 20, 2013, 10:24:18 AM »

Offline celticsleyte

• Joe Mazzulla
  • Tommy Points: 9
Terry has maybe the worst contract on the team right now and he comes closer to earning his deal than Perkins.  No way the Celtics consider this deal.  Perk used to be a decent player in our system pre injury.  He is not that guy anymore.

« Reply #16 on: May 20, 2013, 10:44:17 AM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1544
Perkins + 12 for Lee
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #17 on: May 20, 2013, 10:45:46 AM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
Perkins + 12 for Lee
OKC would laugh at that.  they're getting salary relief but no way they toss us a 1st rounder to unload Perk for just Lee.

« Reply #18 on: May 20, 2013, 10:53:07 AM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1544
Perkins + 12 for Lee
OKC would laugh at that.  they're getting salary relief but no way they toss us a 1st rounder to unload Perk for just Lee.
probably, maybe we send them 16 back.  Let's us move up 4 spots and shave a year on the back end.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #19 on: May 20, 2013, 11:01:03 AM »

Offline CoachBo

• NCE
  • Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 336
Not a chance in Hades I would move the 16th for Perkins. His contract is absurd.
Coined the CelticsBlog term, "Euromistake."

« Reply #20 on: May 20, 2013, 11:14:29 AM »

Offline BleedGreen1989

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 568
Not a chance in Hades I would move the 16th for Perkins. His contract is absurd.

You wouldn't be trading the 16th for Perkins. You would be swapping Terry for Perkins and the 16th for Lamb (who was drafted 12th last year and would likely be taken even higher this year)
*CB Miami Heat*
Kyle Lowry, Dwayne Wade, 13th pick in even numbered rounds, 18th pick in odd numbered rounds.

« Reply #21 on: May 20, 2013, 12:24:13 PM »

Offline Sizzlack

• Sam Hauser
  • Tommy Points: 14
Somehow, this actually works.

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=k3xtd5q

So, would both teams consider it? Not sure, Terry doesn't have much value anymore, but bench scoring is always in need. Maybe OKC gambles that he'll be a better back up option than bringing back old man fisher yet again.

In the process they get some cap savings, which could allow them to re-sign Martin, plus a 16th pick, which gives them two picks right outside the lottery this year, and tons of options come draft day.

For the Celtics, I think it's a no brainer. Lamb is better than what you're likely to get in the 16th pick this year. You add some needed (albeit not the player he used to be) size who knows the system and players better than anyone else you could possibly bring in, and only at the cost of Terry, who was awful last year and should be able to be replaced by Lee, or bringing back Barbosa once he's healthy.

« Reply #22 on: May 20, 2013, 12:47:41 PM »

Offline BleedGreen1989

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 568

So, would both teams consider it? Not sure, Terry doesn't have much value anymore, but bench scoring is always in need. Maybe OKC gambles that he'll be a better back up option than bringing back old man fisher yet again.

In the process they get some cap savings, which could allow them to re-sign Martin, plus a 16th pick, which gives them two picks right outside the lottery this year, and tons of options come draft day.

For the Celtics, I think it's a no brainer. Lamb is better than what you're likely to get in the 16th pick this year. You add some needed (albeit not the player he used to be) size who knows the system and players better than anyone else you could possibly bring in, and only at the cost of Terry, who was awful last year and should be able to be replaced by Lee, or bringing back Barbosa once he's healthy.

Of course it works lol why would I propose a trade that didn't even work financially.

It's a very interesting idea. I think Perkins, while he has certainly lost a step, is built for the eastern conference slowed down grind it out pace. The West is too fast paced
*CB Miami Heat*
Kyle Lowry, Dwayne Wade, 13th pick in even numbered rounds, 18th pick in odd numbered rounds.

« Reply #23 on: May 20, 2013, 01:21:02 PM »

Offline Evantime34

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 764
  • Eagerly Awaiting the Next Fantasy Draft

Of course it works lol why would I propose a trade that didn't even work financially.

It's a very interesting idea. I think Perkins, while he has certainly lost a step, is built for the eastern conference slowed down grind it out pace. The West is too fast paced
I would certainly be interested but I think Terry's contract has more value than Perkins so I would want one of their picks instead of them getting ours. The idea of bringing back Perk for Pierce and Kg's last run would be a great story.
DKC:  Rockets
CB Draft: Memphis Grizz
Players: Klay Thompson, Jabari Parker, Aaron Gordon
Next 3 picks: 4.14, 4.15, 4.19

« Reply #24 on: May 20, 2013, 01:41:13 PM »

Offline snively

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 454
Don't know much about Lamb as a prospect.  Barely played - anyone see how he looked in those minutes?
2016 CelticsBlog Draft: Chicago Bulls

Head Coach: Fred Hoiberg

Starters: Rubio, Danny Green, Durant, Markieff Morris, Capela
Bench: Sessions, Shumpert, G. Green, T. Booker, Frye
Deep Bench: CJ Watson, H. Thompson, P. Zipser, Papagiannis, Mejri

« Reply #25 on: May 20, 2013, 01:43:26 PM »

Offline snively

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 454
And I'm very wary of bringing back Perk - Doc has shown a weakness for big, physical but ultimately ineffective line-ups (starting JO and Collins next to KG for extended stretches).  Rather Danny not enable that flaw.
2016 CelticsBlog Draft: Chicago Bulls

Head Coach: Fred Hoiberg

Starters: Rubio, Danny Green, Durant, Markieff Morris, Capela
Bench: Sessions, Shumpert, G. Green, T. Booker, Frye
Deep Bench: CJ Watson, H. Thompson, P. Zipser, Papagiannis, Mejri

« Reply #26 on: May 20, 2013, 01:51:20 PM »

Offline Sizzlack

• Sam Hauser
  • Tommy Points: 14
And I'm very wary of bringing back Perk - Doc has shown a weakness for big, physical but ultimately ineffective line-ups (starting JO and Collins next to KG for extended stretches).  Rather Danny not enable that flaw.

The one thing about Perk I'd say is that it's not just about bringing in size. It's about bringing in a guy who can instantly be on the same page with what you want to do. He knows the system, he knows how Rondo operates, and in his time here, Perk was one of the best screen setters this team had. He consistently found ways to free guys into space, and that's a skill he's not likely to lose. His connection with KG cannot be understated either.

You're just not going to find another Center out there who can jump in and know that system right away. Lamb is a guy who could step in and get some minutes at back up SG, he was a great shooter in college, but buried on the bench behind Martin. If Lee continues to suck it up, there's going to be minutes to be had backing up Bradley, or subbing in for offensive purposes late in games.

« Reply #27 on: May 20, 2013, 01:56:42 PM »

Offline green7

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 30
doubt any team would agree but i would do it

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=mkfkpagftp://

« Reply #28 on: May 20, 2013, 02:17:20 PM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2663
  • bammokja
why do some folks on this board still believe perk is a good nba player?

Real GM: "Kendrick Perkins finished the 2013 NBA Playoffs with a PER of -0.7, which is the worst on record for a player with 200 or more minutes.

Perkins had 24 turnovers, 24 points, 39 fouls, five blocks and a plus/minus of -40 in the playoffs."

THAT, ladies and gentlemen, is truly awful.

http://sulia.com/cha...?source=twitter
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #29 on: May 20, 2013, 02:27:22 PM »

Offline Evantime34

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 764
  • Eagerly Awaiting the Next Fantasy Draft
why do some folks on this board still believe perk is a good nba player?

Real GM: "Kendrick Perkins finished the 2013 NBA Playoffs with a PER of -0.7, which is the worst on record for a player with 200 or more minutes.

Perkins had 24 turnovers, 24 points, 39 fouls, five blocks and a plus/minus of -40 in the playoffs."

THAT, ladies and gentlemen, is truly awful.

http://sulia.com/cha...?source=twitter

His post season wasn't great but during the year he was one of the best defenders in the league.
.75 Points Per Possession 29th in the NBA (around 20 of those probably only played in garbage time) allowing 36.2% shooting to opponents.
He is still an elite defender in Isolation, Pick and Roll and spot up.
stats courtesy of mysynergysports.com

If we brought him back and put him next to KG, Pierce, Bradley and Rondo we would probably have the best defense in the NBA.
DKC:  Rockets
CB Draft: Memphis Grizz
Players: Klay Thompson, Jabari Parker, Aaron Gordon
Next 3 picks: 4.14, 4.15, 4.19