Author Topic: Terry/16th for Perkins/Lamb  (Read 5711 times)

Terry/16th for Perkins/Lamb
« on: May 19, 2013, 10:26:20 PM »

Offline BleedGreen1989

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 568
Is this a deal either side would consider? OKC shaves off around 4mill and gets a shooter with a deal as long as Perkins.
*CB Miami Heat*
Kyle Lowry, Dwayne Wade, 13th pick in even numbered rounds, 18th pick in odd numbered rounds.

Re: Terry/16th for Perkins/Lamb
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2013, 10:26:49 PM »

Offline CelticConcourse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 383
  • Jeff Green
Don't they have Martin already?
Jeff Green - Top 5 SF

[Kevin Garnett]
"I've always said J. Green is going to be one of the best players to ever play this game"

« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2013, 10:29:18 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2700
Don't they have Martin already?

they have to re-sign Martin. He might want more than they are willing to give. I would love to get Lamb, but I think it would cost us more than Terry and the 16th pick. Heck, I'd try for Lamb and PJ3.

« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2013, 10:30:13 PM »

Offline Evantime34

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 764
  • Eagerly Awaiting the Next Fantasy Draft
Is this a deal either side would consider? OKC shaves off around 4mill and gets a shooter with a deal as long as Perkins.
We are saving them salary, I think they would give us a pick if we were to give them that type of salary relief.
DKC:  Rockets
CB Draft: Memphis Grizz
Players: Klay Thompson, Jabari Parker, Aaron Gordon
Next 3 picks: 4.14, 4.15, 4.19

« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2013, 10:47:03 PM »

Offline BleedGreen1989

• Rajon Rondo
It would also give them the 12th and 16th pick. Maybe move up and draft an Alex Len? It would present them with some interesting options.
*CB Miami Heat*
Kyle Lowry, Dwayne Wade, 13th pick in even numbered rounds, 18th pick in odd numbered rounds.

« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2013, 11:29:58 PM »

Offline gpap

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 417
This would be great for the Celts.

If we get Perk back, as well as might as well keep Paul/KG around and go for one more run with the original 2007/08 starting line up (sans Judas Shuttlesworth.)

« Reply #6 on: May 20, 2013, 01:28:56 AM »

Offline tarheelsxxiii

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1389
There are very few things in the world I would not do to bring Perk home. I'd do some icky things, relative to the standards of the general population, to bring Nate and Delonte home as well... mostly for personal preferences. But Perk would help, for real. He was more valuable to us than any other team in the league. Kinda showed that in OKC.
The Tarstradamus Group, LLC

« Reply #7 on: May 20, 2013, 02:45:23 AM »

Offline Afam

• Joe Mazzulla
  • Tommy Points: 9
Thanks but no thanks in regards to trading for Perkins. On the other hand, i would trade for lamb.

« Reply #8 on: May 20, 2013, 04:10:59 AM »

Offline LooseCannon

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 950

Assume that OKC thinks Perkins and Terry are as valuable as you think they are, for whatever value that might be.  Answer your own question with that in mind.
"The worst thing that ever happened in sports was sports radio, and the internet is sports radio on steroids with lower IQs.” -- Brian Burke, former Toronto Maple Leafs senior adviser, at the 2013 MIT Sloan Sports Analytics Conference

« Reply #9 on: May 20, 2013, 07:27:33 AM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
Terry is a better player at this point than Perkins look at their playoff averages.

« Reply #10 on: May 20, 2013, 08:32:19 AM »

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 885
I do it in a heartbeat. I think OKC thinks about it strongly but ultimately Perk is too important of a player to give up. Especially if they keep Martin around.

Terry would be a great veteran addition for them though. And having the 12th and 16th pick in this years draft would be pretty killer as well.

I would love to have Perk back at center alongside KG even if he only plays 20 minutes a game.

« Reply #11 on: May 20, 2013, 09:40:41 AM »

Offline BleedGreen1989

• Rajon Rondo
I do it in a heartbeat. I think OKC thinks about it strongly but ultimately Perk is too important of a player to give up. Especially if they keep Martin around.

Terry would be a great veteran addition for them though. And having the 12th and 16th pick in this years draft would be pretty killer as well.

I would love to have Perk back at center alongside KG even if he only plays 20 minutes a game.

Yea and most of all it gives OKC a ton of flexibility.

Hypothetically and just for poops and giggles, lets say OKC does the trade. They would then have the 12th, 16th, and 28th picks in the draft. Three 1st rounders. Also, they would be able to entertain offers in a sign and trade for Kevin Martin. A team that I think would have interest in Martin is Denver for the same reasons as they may be interested in Pierce. They are a poor 3 point shooting team and just lost their best 3 pt shooter for likely the entire regular season or most of it. Martin is a skilled offensive player and gives Denver somebody who can put up points.

Assuming Denver resigns Iggy. Lets say they sign and trade Koufos/Chandler for Martin at 2 years/18mill.

Lawson/Miller
Martin/Fournier
Iggy/Fournier/Miller
Faried/Randolph
McGee/Mosgov

Westbrook/Jackson
Seflosha/Terry
Durant/Chandler
Ibaka/Collison
Koufos/?

With the 12, 16, and 28 picks in the draft. Maybe package 12+16 to move up and draft Alex Len?
*CB Miami Heat*

« Reply #12 on: May 20, 2013, 10:01:05 AM »

Offline YoungOne87

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 65
I would rather sign-n-trade for kevin martin

« Reply #13 on: May 20, 2013, 10:05:14 AM »

Offline BleedGreen1989

• Rajon Rondo
I would rather sign-n-trade for kevin martin

Umm ok...I think you missed the whole point of this trade idea.
*CB Miami Heat*

« Reply #14 on: May 20, 2013, 10:07:18 AM »

Offline Geo123

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 33
My understanding is that OKC wants to trade their picks so I can't see them adding another one.  Perkins really hasn't been the same since the knee injury and his lateral quickness wasn't anything to brag about before that. To me the NBA is going to quicker lineups and Park just doesn't fit in as well.  Now if he was amnestied (which I don't think he will be), then that's a different story...