Author Topic: Where does your username originate from?  (Read 27286 times)

Re: Where does your username originate from?
« Reply #105 on: May 23, 2013, 12:07:14 AM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.
Thought Al Jefferson was the future. Voila.

'06 memories.

I've always loved your username, reminds me of a simpler time. Like seeing a Ma$e Harlem World CD, or watching an old episode of Firefly.

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner

« Reply #106 on: May 23, 2013, 12:23:17 AM »

Offline BigAlTheFuture

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 458
Thought Al Jefferson was the future. Voila.

'06 memories.

I've always loved your username, reminds me of a simpler time. Like seeing a Ma$e Harlem World CD, or watching an old episode of Firefly.

I was lurking on the forums one June afternoon in 2007 and wanted to post in a thread so I made an account and literally came up with a username in 2 seconds. Haha. It was the best I could come up with at the time.
PHX Suns: Russell Westbrook, Chris Bosh, Tristan Thompson, Trevor Ariza, Tony Allen, Trey Lyles, Corey Brewer, Larry Nance Jr., Trey Burke, Troy Daniels, Joffrey Lauvergne, Justin Holiday, Mike Muscala, 14.6

« Reply #107 on: May 23, 2013, 12:25:16 AM »

Offline celtic -_- pride

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 60
  • Stuff & Things
mine is about my unconditional love for the c's and the face in the middle is due to me being chill haha.
[img width= height=]http://s7.postimg.org/jsyw5qrez/banner.jpg[/img]

« Reply #108 on: May 23, 2013, 03:31:32 AM »

Offline ACF

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1157
  • A Celtic Fan
The A is for Amager, CF is Celtic Fan. I know, original. Jeff and the folks let me shorten it when the forums changed because people always call(ed) me ACF anyway.

« Reply #109 on: May 26, 2013, 11:21:04 AM »

Offline FatKidsDad

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 114
During the 06-07 season my son (pictured left) became a jumbotron regular. He was often recognized on the street and on the T before and after games.

At the time, I was a CB lurker.  I was reading a thread about jumbotron favorites when I saw a post saying that the fat kid who dances in the tunnel was the best.

When I finally became an active user, my pick for user name was a no-brainer.

As the boy got older, he gave up his jumbotron career.

The bittersweet end of the story is that he will no longer be my game time partner. I am proud to say that the Fat Kid's mom and I just returned from South Carolina, where we watched the (not)Fat Kid graduate from Marine Basic Training.

« Last Edit: May 26, 2013, 05:15:47 PM by FatKidsDad »
"If everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking." - George S. Patton

"Live so that when your children think of fairness and integrity,they think of you." -   H. Jackson Brown, Jr.

« Reply #110 on: May 26, 2013, 11:36:41 AM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3765
  • Yup
During the 06-07 season my son (pictured left) became a jumbotron regular. He was often recognized on the street and on the T before and after games.

At the time, I was a CB lurker.  I was reading a thread about jumbotron favorites when I saw a post saying that the fat kid who dances in the tunnel was the best.

When I finally became an active user, mu pick for user name was a no-brainer.

The bittersweet end of the story is that he will no longer be my game time partner. I am propud to say that the Fat Kid's mom and I just returned from South Carolina, where we watched the (not)Fat Kid graduate from Marine Basic Training.

TP!  Best story yet.

CongrAts to the Artist Formerly Known as FAt Kid
Yup

« Reply #111 on: May 26, 2013, 11:54:53 AM »

Offline celty86

• The Green Kornet
  • Tommy Points: 5
Joined before C's won in 2008 so I went with the last title team. Also best team ever!!

« Reply #112 on: May 26, 2013, 12:29:06 PM »

Offline Mr Green

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 33
Person Having Ordinary Skill In The Art

TP for anybody who recognizes where that term is from

The phrase goes to the threshold requirement in the problem/solution test in IP Law as to whether or not inventions or inventive steps are patentable.

In Australian common law it originated in the United Kingdom via In the Matter of I G Farbenindustrie AG's Patents (1930) 47 RPC 289 at 322 and was applied in Australia by Williams J in HPM Industries P/L v Gerard Industries Ltd (1957) 98 CLR 424 at 437. The test was initially rejected by the High Court in Minnesota Mining and Manufacturing Co v Beiersdorf (Australia) Ltd (1980) 144 CLR 253 at 292 but ultimately endorsed in Aktiebolaget Hassle vs. Alphapharm Pty Ltd (2002) 212 CLR 411. At statute it's now found at section 7 of the amended Patents Act 1990 (Cth).

My apologies but I'm uncertain as to its implementation through the US legal system, maybe something to do with the 1883 Paris Convention for the Protection of Industrial Property or WIPO's Patent Cooperation Treaty in 1970?
« Last Edit: May 26, 2013, 12:37:17 PM by Mr Green »

« Reply #113 on: May 26, 2013, 02:21:24 PM »

Offline thirstyboots18

• Chat Moderator
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 2584

When I finally became an active user, mu pick for user name was a no-brainer.

The bittersweet end of the story is that he will no longer be my game time partner. I am propud to say that the Fat Kid's mom and I just returned from South Carolina, where we watched the (not)Fat Kid graduate from Marine Basic Training.
Congratulation to you and your family, FatKidsDad.  Your son has chosen a noble path.
Yesterday is history.
Tomorrow is a mystery.
Today is a gift...
   That is why it is called the present.
Visit the CelticsBlog Live Game Chat!

« Reply #114 on: May 26, 2013, 04:59:13 PM »

Offline heitingas

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 57
Dutch football (soccer) player John Heitinga.

But was taken so I added the "s".

« Reply #115 on: May 26, 2013, 05:42:05 PM »

Offline FatKidsDad

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 114
I've been meaning to make this thread for months, and it's finally here. I don't know if it's already been created prior to my entering the community.

:)

My username comes from when I tried to make a Twitter account... it was @CelticsConcourse and when I joined this site, I said "might as well use it again" and I took out the "s".

Don't you live in Waterville? I assumed that's where the "concourse" part came from. I had a store on main street many years ago, directly across from The Concourse.

That's where my store was ... it was a music store called "Greg's Music Center", (I was 22).

As for my user name, it's my music moniker, and comes from a mispelling of a jazz-fusion band I used to see at a little club in Portland, ME, called "Tiger's Baku" ... it featured a Japanese trumpet player named Tiger Okoshi, (who now teaches at Berklee), who I became friends with and subbed with from time-to-time. If you like jazz, check out his albums sometime ... great stuff.

Anyway, he was a very big influence on my musical career, so I used a moniker giving honor to him and that band, (who also had musicians like Mike Stern, Baron Brown, Dean Brown, Bill Frissell, Tim Landers, Gerry Etkins, etc. in it). I also ended up studying improv with a friend of Tiger's named Mike Metheny, (horn player), whose little brother is quite well-known, (Pat). I am still in touch with mike and Tiger from time-to-time.

Long story, but you asked! ;)

There's a real pleasant blast from the past!

I used to see Tiger regularly downstairs at Ryles in Cambridge. I vividly remember him explaining the meaning of the Baku in a radio interview with the late Tony Cennamo on WBUR.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2013, 07:20:32 PM by FatKidsDad »
"If everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking." - George S. Patton

"Live so that when your children think of fairness and integrity,they think of you." -   H. Jackson Brown, Jr.

« Reply #116 on: May 26, 2013, 06:58:19 PM »

Offline makaveli

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 320
  • The Truth
makaveli- Tupac Amaru Shakur's alias at the end of his carer, it stands for Nicolo Machiavelli-an Italian writer
what doesn't kill you makes you stronger