Author Topic: Ideal offseason would be Pierce for Harrison Barnes and KG for Bledsoe/Jordan  (Read 3979 times)

Offline rasta1

• Kristaps Porzingis
  • Tommy Points: 21
I'd prefer to send Pierce and KG together to golden state for Bogut and Barnes but I'm not sure how much golden state would want to do that.

I just want Pierce to be sent to Cali where he's from, and place both of them on a contender; a trade to GS would also bring back one of their huge expiring contracts (Richard Jefferson or Andris Beindris)

It gives ourself and makes us a tough team
With a guard rotation of Rondo/Bledsoe/Bradley
Starting forwards Barnes and Green
and Jordan at center

I really like us heading into the future

I'd like to extend the MLE to Dalembert..but even then I still like we might be one piece away but we have another offseason to get there

Lee, Terry, Crawford have been expendable and become even more expendable, I'm assuming nobody wants them else a trade would have been made already but maybe we can throw them in with Biendris or Richard Jefferson to make a deal

Offline letsgoblue86

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 279
GS wouldn't trade Barnes for Pierce at the deadline, so what makes you think they'd do it now?

Barnes has solidified his spot on that team and he's only 20.

Offline Evantime34

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 764
  • Eagerly Awaiting the Next Fantasy Draft
I'd prefer to send Pierce and KG together to golden state for Bogut and Barnes but I'm not sure how much golden state would want to do that.

I just want Pierce to be sent to Cali where he's from, and place both of them on a contender; a trade to GS would also bring back one of their huge expiring contracts (Richard Jefferson or Andris Beindris)

It gives ourself and makes us a tough team
With a guard rotation of Rondo/Bledsoe/Bradley
Starting forwards Barnes and Green
and Jordan at center

I really like us heading into the future

I'd like to extend the MLE to Dalembert..but even then I still like we might be one piece away but we have another offseason to get there

Lee, Terry, Crawford have been expendable and become even more expendable, I'm assuming nobody wants them else a trade would have been made already but maybe we can throw them in with Biendris or Richard Jefferson to make a deal
I would be happy with both these deals, however the C's reportedly offered a similar deal at the trade deadline and were denied. Not sure Barnes play in these playoffs has changed their mind.
DKC:  Rockets
CB Draft: Memphis Grizz
Players: Klay Thompson, Jabari Parker, Aaron Gordon
Next 3 picks: 4.14, 4.15, 4.19

Offline scaryjerry

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 175
Why would anyone trade Barnes for pierce? Ideal but not realistic

Offline Kane3387

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 944
  • Intensity!!!
I think the only chance you have of acquiring Barnes for Pierce is if KG is included.

I think the following would have to happen:

First KG decides he wants to play.
Then GS gets a taste for winning from their success this year and decides to make a run at the title for the next two years.
Then assuming all parties think it's in their best interest, the contracts of Andres Biendrins and Richard Jefferson are sent to Bosotn along with Barnes for Pierce and KG.

We get Barnes and two expirings.

They add KG and Pierce to a core that features Thompson, Curry, Lee, and Bogut.

KG: "Dude.... What is up with yo shorts?!"

CBD_2016 Cavs Remaining Picks - 14.14

Offline Geo123

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 33
While we're talking ideal let's just pick up Lebron for Bass and Lee. 

There is no way that GS would even consider giving up Barnes for Pierce.  Let's be realistic here folks....

Offline BleedGreen1989

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 568
I think the only chance you have of acquiring Barnes for Pierce is if KG is included.

I think the following would have to happen:

First KG decides he wants to play.
Then GS gets a taste for winning from their success this year and decides to make a run at the title for the next two years.
Then assuming all parties think it's in their best interest, the contracts of Andres Biendrins and Richard Jefferson are sent to Bosotn along with Barnes for Pierce and KG.

We get Barnes and two expirings.

They add KG and Pierce to a core that features Thompson, Curry, Lee, and Bogut.

This is the only deal I can see GS considering and even then, I'm not sure they'd do it
*CB Miami Heat*
Kyle Lowry, Dwayne Wade, 13th pick in even numbered rounds, 18th pick in odd numbered rounds.

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 885
Golden State isnt going to trade Barnes for Pierce after the way GS has played in the playoffs. He fits in very nicely with that team. If Golden State is healthy (which will be tough) then they have proven that the could be a contender out West.

We might be able to pry away one of their huge expirings in a pure salary dump but I dont think we can get Barnes at this point.

Offline connor

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 37
I was entirely on the same page with you about Pierce for Barnes and I really thought we should have done everything we could at the deadline to try and convince Golden State they needed to make a move to go deep in the playoffs.

That being said, with the way the Warriors have played thus far in addition to Barnes seriously stepping up his numbers compared to his regular season average, I think this dream has finally died. No way they move Barnes with the way he is playing on a rookie deal.

I still think Golden State could be a landing spot for Pierce but it would probably be more of a package like:

Boston gets:
Ezeli, Biedrins (expiring), Jefferson (expiring) and 2014 first

Warriors get:
Pierce and Terry

Golden State brings in PP and his expiring deal to mentor Barnes and provide veteran leadership in exchange for their big expiring contracts, Ezeli who has upside and their 2014 first (which is probably going to be late in the round).

Offline ianboyextreme

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 81
I see your plan but I think there are better options. I dont think Jeff should be anything but this team's small forward going forward. That and I think Sullinger will have a huge impact on this team winning in the future, more so than Barnes and he should therefore be in the starting 5. I also think there are better centers to be had in the draft (Dieng) or through free agency (Tiago Splitter).

Offline celticslove

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 188

There is no way that GS would even consider giving up Barnes for Pierce.  Let's be realistic here folks....
this. the overvaluing of C's players here is just crazy. 

Offline CoachBo

• NCE
  • Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 336

this. the overvaluing of C's players here is just crazy.

This.

Why people don't get that Pierce and Garnett have little trade value escapes me.

And please, no Jefferson. Not interested.
Coined the CelticsBlog term, "Euromistake."

Offline Chris

• Global Moderator
  • Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 642
I wouldn't call it "ideal", but it would be a positive offseason.  It would set the C's up with an interesting roster going forward, and more importantly a decent stock of assets to work with. 

But, if we are talking "ideal", then I would prefer they found a way to get another star or two.

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1533
I was entirely on the same page with you about Pierce for Barnes and I really thought we should have done everything we could at the deadline to try and convince Golden State they needed to make a move to go deep in the playoffs.

That being said, with the way the Warriors have played thus far in addition to Barnes seriously stepping up his numbers compared to his regular season average, I think this dream has finally died. No way they move Barnes with the way he is playing on a rookie deal.

I still think Golden State could be a landing spot for Pierce but it would probably be more of a package like:

Boston gets:
Ezeli, Biedrins (expiring), Jefferson (expiring) and 2014 first

Warriors get:
Pierce and Terry

Golden State brings in PP and his expiring deal to mentor Barnes and provide veteran leadership in exchange for their big expiring contracts, Ezeli who has upside and their 2014 first (which is probably going to be late in the round).
honestly I don't think they would even give up the first and maybe not even Ezeli.  I just don't see how that trade does anything for them as it doesn't help with their interior deficiencies or their defensive deficiencies in the back court.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

Offline Quetzalcoatl

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 419
The homerism is bad, but what I really don't get is why the most popular forum topics are trades with Pierce and KG going out for a PG or a SF.  Those are the only two positions we have all-star contenders at.  Why would we target those two positions?  It doesn't make any sense whatsoever.