Author Topic: Kevin Garnett To Rest Ankle Injury, Won't Have Surgery  (Read 890 times)

Kevin Garnett To Rest Ankle Injury, Won't Have Surgery
« on: May 18, 2013, 10:16:10 AM »

Offline crownontherocks

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 86
After battling an inflammed left ankle late in the season, Kevin Garnett will continue to rest it and will not have surgery.

The Boston Celtics' medical staff is confident rest will heal Garnett's ankle.

Danny Ainge recently said the Celtics are awaiting for final word from Garnett about whether he will return for next season.

Rgm

Re: Kevin Garnett To Rest Ankle Injury, Won't Have Surgery
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2013, 11:06:22 AM »

Offline Monkhouse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 814
  • A true Celtic plays with heart.
Bone spurs aren't anything serious if given proper rest. But unfortunately Kevin Garnett is 38. At this point, I think hes going to retire, since he knows Pierce isn't coming back.

I do wish he would get traded so we would get assets in return. I know its messed up but it would help us out.
"I bomb atomically, Socrates' philosophies and hypotheses
Can't define how I be dropping these mockeries."

Is the glass half-full or half-empty?
It's based on your perspective, quite simply
We're the same and we're not; know what I'm saying? Listen
Son, I ain't better than you, I just think different

« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2013, 11:28:52 AM »

Offline badshar

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 72
Bone spurs aren't anything serious if given proper rest. But unfortunately Kevin Garnett is 38. At this point, I think hes going to retire, since he knows Pierce isn't coming back.

I do wish he would get traded so we would get assets in return. I know its messed up but it would help us out.
KG is actually 36 and just about to turn 37. Plus, no one really knows right now whether Pierce will get traded or not.

« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2013, 11:30:17 AM »

Offline bello_man09

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 247
  • "Celtic for life" REBUILD OR TANK
KG is coming back!!!!!!!!!!

« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2013, 12:24:26 PM »

Offline ImShakHeIsShaq

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 804

I had the opposite reaction... my first thought was that this means he is retiring. He will have plenty of time to rest on his couch so why have surgery if it's really only rest that you need. If he did have surgery it would feel more (to me) as if he was coming back b/c the only way I would get surgery would be only if needed (for my job or to ease pain or something). He may be coming back (I hope so) but I just don't feel the same about this news as you do.
It takes me 3hrs to get to Miami and 1hr to get to Orlando... but I *SPIT* on their NBA teams! "Bless God and bless the (Celts)"-Lady GaGa (she said gays but she really meant Celts)

« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2013, 01:16:25 PM »

Offline tenn_smoothie

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 730

I had the opposite reaction... my first thought was that this means he is retiring. He will have plenty of time to rest on his couch so why have surgery if it's really only rest that you need. If he did have surgery it would feel more (to me) as if he was coming back b/c the only way I would get surgery would be only if needed (for my job or to ease pain or something). He may be coming back (I hope so) but I just don't feel the same about this news as you do.

Have to agree - bone spurs may "not be that serious" but if you've ever had them, you know how painful they are ........ plus, they become aggravated under continued activity and stress - they come back !!!

so if Garnett were coming back, he would get the surgery done. it has saved Ray Allen's ankles twice now.
The Four Celtic Generals:
Russell - Cowens - Bird - Garnett

The Four Celtic Lieutenants:
Cousy - Havlicek - McHale - Pierce