Author Topic: Anyone interested in BJ Mullens?  (Read 1204 times)

Anyone interested in BJ Mullens?
« on: May 09, 2013, 03:41:50 PM »

Offline Celtics18

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1469
I was just thinking back to my favorite Celtic squad since the championship year, and I'd have to say that it was the 2010 team that beat Cleveland and made it to the finals. 

One of the factors that I thought was huge for us in that playoff run was having 'Sheed as a stretch big with legit range out to the three point line.  That was Baby's best year as a Celtic, and I don't think that's a coincidence.  Pairing him up with Wallace, allowed Baby to be more of an inside banger, offensive rebounder, and garbageman, a role I always thought he was better suited for than being a pick and pop jump shooter. 

Having a stretch five (or four) like Mullens would be a nice complement for Sully on the inside, giving him lots of space to work.  He would open up the middle for our drivers (Rondo) more, as well. 

I'm not sure if he can play defense at all, and I don't think he's a great rebounder, but still, he's young, and he might be worth a shot.

Thoughts?
DKC Seventy-Sixers:

PG: G. Hill/D. Schroder
SG: C. Lee/B. Hield/T. Luwawu
SF:  Giannis/J. Lamb/M. Kuzminskas
PF:  E. Ilyasova/J. Jerebko/R. Christmas
C:    N. Vucevic/K. Olynyk/E. Davis/C. Jefferson

Re: Anyone interested in BJ Mullens?
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2013, 04:25:28 PM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2404
I hate him. Lousy defender. Weak rebounder. Horribly inefficient offensive player. I am not sure anyone did as much damage to his own team as BJ Mullens did last season. Train wreck of a player. Large net negative.

I don't even think he belongs in the league. Nervmind in a regular rotation. I don't think he is a capable third stringer. Not an NBA caliber player in my book.

Too destructive to his own team. So wasteful offensively and so hurtful defensively.

« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2013, 04:27:55 PM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327
To echo Who, I think he's an inferior version of Bargs.

Which is to say no thanks.

« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2013, 04:29:06 PM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1546
I hate him. Lousy defender. Weak rebounder. Horribly inefficient offensive player. I am not sure anyone did as much damage to his own team as BJ Mullens did last season. Train wreck of a player. Large net negative.

I don't even think he belongs in the league. Nervmind in a regular rotation. I don't think he is a capable third stringer. Not an NBA caliber player in my book.

Too destructive to his own team. So wasteful offensively and so hurtful defensively.
I don't think you can blame Byron for Charlotte.  That is a train wreck of franchise. 
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2013, 04:39:10 PM »

Offline Lucky17

• DKC Commish
  • JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 2352
To echo Who, I think he's an inferior version of Bargs.

Was my immediate thought, too.
DKC League is now on reddit!: http://www.reddit.com/r/dkcleague

« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2013, 04:48:09 PM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1762
  • Everybody knows what's best for you
He had a number of impressive games this year, but I hardly think of Sheed when I hear the name Mullens. I am not totally against the guy, but think he is probably a back up on a decent team. He just needs to be reined in a little.