Author Topic: Bballbreakdown slams Perk in 2013 Grizz/Thunder Game 1 recap  (Read 9771 times)

Re: Bballbreakdown slams Perk in 2013 Grizz/Thunder Game 1 recap
« Reply #15 on: May 08, 2013, 10:40:38 AM »

Offline Eddie20

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 975
Then I hope OKC amnesties him, and Perkins decides to come to Celtics for 1-4 million considering his contract is already being paid for.

I wish, but a team with cap will probably make an offer.

« Reply #16 on: May 08, 2013, 10:46:44 AM »

Offline Monkhouse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 814
  • A true Celtic plays with heart.
Then I hope OKC amnesties him, and Perkins decides to come to Celtics for 1-4 million considering his contract is already being paid for.

How much would Perkins have to be paid in order for a team with cap to pick him up? And based on his years at OKC, would anyone even want him? There are going to be plenty of free agent bigs that offensively are better than Perkins. And Perkins hasn't been playing like his Boston self, if anything paying anything more than 5-7 million for him right now seems ridiculous.

I don't exactly know the full details, but someone just has to match a higher offer, more like a bid, to be able to sign Perkins right?
"I bomb atomically, Socrates' philosophies and hypotheses
Can't define how I be dropping these mockeries."

Is the glass half-full or half-empty?
It's based on your perspective, quite simply
We're the same and we're not; know what I'm saying? Listen
Son, I ain't better than you, I just think different

« Reply #17 on: May 08, 2013, 11:11:02 AM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.

How much would Perkins have to be paid in order for a team with cap to pick him up? And based on his years at OKC, would anyone even want him? There are going to be plenty of free agent bigs that offensively are better than Perkins. And Perkins hasn't been playing like his Boston self, if anything paying anything more than 5-7 million for him right now seems ridiculous.

I don't exactly know the full details, but someone just has to match a higher offer, more like a bid, to be able to sign Perkins right?

Any team with cap space (i.e. almost certainly not us) can place a bid.  Bids are blind - you don't know what anyone else is bidding - and you only get one bid.  Minimum bid is vet minimum, I think.  Highest bid wins the player and the winning team pays that portion of his salary.

Teams may not want to pay Perk his current salary but I have a hard time believing nobody under the cap would even take a vet min flier to pick him up.

« Reply #18 on: May 08, 2013, 11:32:01 AM »

Offline KGs Knee

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1544
Not even going to waste my time watching this.  I don't think I've ever once seen a legitimate analysis of anything on Youtube.

Youtube=fail

« Reply #19 on: May 08, 2013, 01:51:51 PM »

Offline chambers

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 943
  • Boston Celtics= Championships, nothing less.
Not even going to waste my time watching this.  I don't think I've ever once seen a legitimate analysis of anything on Youtube.

Youtube=fail

You should definitely watch it.
I'm not sure some of the critics of Coach Nick here have. He's got excellent analysis- sometimes he nit picks but he's 100% right in this instance. It's funny because people say he goes looking for film to prove his theories- but his critics do the exact same thing with his videos when looking for faults.
He over emphasizes one point and it means he's over-reacting on all of the multiple (and excellent) examples he's brought up.
Watch some of his analysis regarding Bulls vs Miami game 1 or Knicks vs Pacers game 1.

You can't deny how poor Perk has become- this is evidence and it breaks a lot of Celtic hearts to see him struggle like this- particularly those that vouch for him still being on the team or not being traded when he was.

"We are lucky we have a very patient GM that isn't willing to settle for being good and coming close. He wants to win a championship and we have the potential to get there still with our roster and assets."

quoting 'Greg B' on RealGM after 2017 trade deadline.
Read that last line again. One more time.

« Reply #20 on: May 08, 2013, 01:56:28 PM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327

Youtube=fail

You should definitely watch it.
I'm not sure some of the critics of Coach Nick here have. He's got excellent analysis- sometimes he nit picks but he's 100% right in this instance.
Perkins has been bad this series, mostly on offense though. Just awful turnovers, decisions, passes, and weak shots.

As for Coach Nick, we just disagree that he's a good analyst. I haven't watched this particular video though, its his past work that I judged him on.