Author Topic: My Epic Blockbuster  (Read 3359 times)

My Epic Blockbuster
« on: May 06, 2013, 08:17:14 PM »

Offline AB_Celtic

• DKC Commish
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 460
Go easy on me, but it seems pretty fair across the board...

Boston out: Paul Pierce, Kevin Garnett, Courtney Lee, Brandon Bass, Jordan Crawford
Boston in: DeAndre Jordan, Eric Bledsoe, Josh Smith, Kyle Korver, Derrick Williams
- Roster -
PG: Rondo/Bledsoe
SG: Bradley/Terry
SF: J.Green/Korver
PF: Smith/Williams
C: Jordan/Sullinger
Why: we become an explosive young team with tons of young assets. Great defense up front and tons of shooting.

LA Clippers out: DeAndre Jordan, Eric Bledsoe, Caron Butler, Jamal Crawford
LA Clippers in: Paul Pierce, Kevin Garnett, Jordan Crawford
- Roster -
PG: Paul/Billups
SG: Jo.Crawford/W.Green
SF: Pierce/Barnes
PF: Griffin/Odom
C: Garnett/Hollins
Why: instant contender. Only works if CP3 returns. A big 4 of Paul, Pierce, Griffin, and Garnett would be hard to beat.

Atlanta out: Josh Smith, Kyle Korver
Atlanta in: Jamal Crawford, Brandon Bass, Caron Butler
- Roster -
PG: Teague/Harris
SG: Williams/Ja.Crawford
SF: Butler/Stevenson
PF: Bass/Johnson
C: Horford/Pachulia
Why: Smith is walking anyways, might as well get a 6MOY candidate, a solid, floor spacing PF, and starting SF out of the deal.

Minnesota out: Derrick Williams
Minnesota in: Courtney Lee
- Roster -
PG: Rubio/Barea
SG: Lee/Shved
SF: Kirilenko/Budinger
PF: Love/Cunningham
C: Pekovic/Stiemsma
Why: desperately need to spread the floor, Derrick Williams getting in the way of K.Love.

Thoughts? Obviously we're the big winners here, but I think every team makes out pretty well. Also, Pierce and KG both get to play in LA, which I think would make both of them happy.

EDIT: Here's a visual of the trade... http://basketball.realgm.com/tradechecker/saved_trade/6258992
« Last Edit: May 06, 2013, 08:29:12 PM by AB_Celtic »

Re: My Epic Blockbuster
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2013, 08:26:41 PM »

Offline BleedGreen1989

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 568
I think Atl and Minn would need a little more but it's not horribly lopsided. I would say LA is the big winner
*CB Miami Heat*
Kyle Lowry, Dwayne Wade, 13th pick in even numbered rounds, 18th pick in odd numbered rounds.

« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2013, 08:27:57 PM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25636
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
Josh Smith is a free agent, and would have to be signed-and-traded.

I don't believe it's possible to do that, with Atlanta receiving players from both the Clippers and Celtics.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2013, 08:34:44 PM »

Offline AB_Celtic

• DKC Commish
  • Ray Allen

I don't believe it's possible to do that, with Atlanta receiving players from both the Clippers and Celtics.

As in, a S&T player can only be traded in a two-team trade?

« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2013, 09:45:45 PM »

Offline mqtcelticsfan

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 236
Even if it were possible for Atlanta to do this, I'd have to think they'd rather just let Smith walk than take back that package.

« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2013, 10:06:05 PM »

Offline LooseCannon

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 950

Phoenix received players from both New Orleans and Minnesota last summer in the sign-and-trade that led to Robin Lopez joining the Hornets.
"The worst thing that ever happened in sports was sports radio, and the internet is sports radio on steroids with lower IQs.” -- Brian Burke, former Toronto Maple Leafs senior adviser, at the 2013 MIT Sloan Sports Analytics Conference

« Reply #6 on: May 07, 2013, 11:40:07 AM »

Offline AB_Celtic

• DKC Commish
  • Ray Allen
Bump. I wanna hear more people's thoughts on this trade's "fairness."

« Reply #7 on: May 07, 2013, 11:49:00 AM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
in terms of value, Minny and Atl are getting pennies on the dollar for what they give up. 

Williams came on at the end of the year.  he's worth more than Lee.

Atl is losing an all-star caliber swing forward for 3 role players.  none of those players help Atl move Horford to PF where he belongs.  I think Atl would rather have the open salary than those 3 because those players do not make them contenders -- just a better seed in the playoffs where they'll get knocked off in the second round (or sooner).

« Reply #8 on: May 07, 2013, 12:12:13 PM »

Offline connor

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 37
in terms of value, Minny and Atl are getting pennies on the dollar for what they give up. 

Williams came on at the end of the year.  he's worth more than Lee.

Atl is losing an all-star caliber swing forward for 3 role players.  none of those players help Atl move Horford to PF where he belongs.  I think Atl would rather have the open salary than those 3 because those players do not make them contenders -- just a better seed in the playoffs where they'll get knocked off in the second round (or sooner).
I agree. The T-wolves and Hawks wouldn't be interested and if you drop them from the deal it just becomes the KG and PP to the Clips trade that everyone has been talking about.

If you want Josh Smith you will probably have to move Deandre Jordan to the Hawks at a minimum (then they can slide Horford to PF). So really it would become KG and PP for Josh Smith, Bledsoe and filler. I'm not the biggest fan of Jordan, Bledsoe or Smith (all have huge upside, but I don't know if any will ever turn the corner to being a superstar) so I'd look elsewhere.

« Reply #9 on: May 07, 2013, 12:26:23 PM »

Offline BballTim

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 1123

Aren't all blockbusters epic? If it wasn't epic, wouldn't it just be a regular run of the mill trade idea?