16 (30.2%)
4 Years
4 (7.5%)
5 Years
6 (11.3%)
Never
10 (18.9%)

Total Members Voted: 41

Author Topic: Should We Keep Fab Melo Next Year  (Read 11922 times)

Should We Keep Fab Melo Next Year
« on: May 04, 2013, 09:57:52 AM »

Offline krook

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 23
what shall we do on fab melo. put in d-league for another year?
trade filler?
play 10minutes a game?

Re: Should We Keep Fab Melo Next Year
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2013, 10:35:28 AM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2403
I think the D-League is a waste of time for a player like Fab Melo. There just aren't enough NBA caliber athletes / defensive players in the D-League at the center position for a player like Fab Melo to develop properly. I believe it would be better to keep Fab Melo on the team and let him learn through practices. So that is what I want to happen.

I don't expect Fab Melo to contribute anything next year. I expect him to be the 4th string center. By year three, I would like to see him ready to take some backup center minutes.

« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2013, 10:43:48 AM »

Offline Meadowlark_Scal

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 670
  • You say when......
YEs..i hear a lot of talk about the guy....but he never has been seen playing...garbage time doesn't count.....doc or some coach needs to play him real time...and in the play too.....if you cannot use all 5 of the guys on the floor....you don't belong being coach.....plenty of tim e to play fab in oct-nov.......see what he can do.....a rebounding shot blocker is valuable in this league....a few dunks..some ref respect..goes a long way...! He is fast on his feet.....hire olajuwan to teach him....he was a soccer player too....!

« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2013, 11:00:21 AM »

Offline eugen

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 40
I dont know why to kepp Melo, Dj White, Crwford & Co if they do not play art all??? Doid you see them playnig Vs NYK? Why to pay them? For staying on the bench?

« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2013, 12:16:44 PM »

Offline Meadowlark_Scal

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • You say when......
Them not playing is not their choice.....doc never played melo, white.....Crawford is closer to being a player..still a little wildhe needs to develop a few standards over the summer.one consistant shot....ect....this is docs limits as a coach..enter popovich....he plays guys....makes them develop....get them seen....at least for trades......that is what oct, nov-dec is FOR......you drafted/signed themyou MUSt have seen something in them...now follow up and do your job as coach....!!!

« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2013, 12:37:25 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
doc is a lazy coach.

« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2013, 01:55:16 PM »

Offline Finkelskyhook

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 285
As soon as you see Melo in summer league you'll know if he's going to be an NBA player.  If he comes in in shape the raw talent is there. 

Could go either way.  Could be the next Perk or JaJuan Johnson.

« Reply #7 on: May 04, 2013, 01:56:47 PM »

Offline Meadowlark_Scal

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • You say when......
I think the D-League is a waste of time for a player like Fab Melo. There just aren't enough NBA caliber athletes / defensive players in the D-League at the center position for a player like Fab Melo to develop properly. I believe it would be better to keep Fab Melo on the team and let him learn through practices. So that is what I want to happen.

I don't expect Fab Melo to contribute anything next year. I expect him to be the 4th string center. By year three, I would like to see him ready to take some backup center minutes.

melo can train under KG.....even some of Wilcox....shav even....I agree, he needs to play NBA to be NBA.....even Indiana did it with hibbert....he was very raw.....splitter too.....doc is so closed minded...especially to BIG men....doc also got eaten up by wooodson by playing his game...ny had only one big...we should have sent in shav, Wilcox, kg...green twill..go at them big and hard....that is an attacking lineup...!

« Reply #8 on: May 04, 2013, 05:25:12 PM »

Offline sofutomygaha

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 343
Fab Melo is a great big turkey.

Between August and January of next season, he's going to be packaged with other flotsam and shipped off for a future second round pick.

« Reply #9 on: May 04, 2013, 05:33:16 PM »

Offline Chief

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2450
He seemed very lost this year. But a lot of young NBA big men are projects. If you are willing to invest the time and resources, he could become a serviceable player. Do the Celtics have a big man coach still?

*my last memories of him this season was a sweet up and under move.  :)
Once you are labeled 'the best' you want to stay up there, and you can't do it by loafing around.

Larry Bird

« Reply #10 on: May 06, 2013, 02:54:20 AM »

Offline krook

• Jayson Tatum
fab melo is a

« Reply #11 on: May 06, 2013, 03:26:54 AM »

Offline jojowhite10

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 49
Lol at the people criticizing Doc for not playing Fab Melo and DJ White.

People do realize he was worried about putting a team out there who could run an offense well enough to compete in the playoffs, right?

And that didn't happen so obviously Fab and DJ should have played less if anything.

« Reply #12 on: May 06, 2013, 03:36:54 AM »

Offline Atzar

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 1671

Agree with this.  Ideally he'd be able to help us by the end of the upcoming season, but I think Year 3 is the time when you really sit down and decide if he's panning out. 

Having said that, I'm certainly not allowing him to be the sticking point in any worthwhile trade.  If somebody needs Melo as a sweetener in some hypothetical Pierce-for-prospect deal, then I'm not stressing over it. 

« Reply #13 on: May 06, 2013, 06:42:38 AM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
He is a project.  What do you expect he was hardly a dominant college player?

He has a first round contract which is guarenteed for X amount of years.

He can't rebound at all.  That zone the Cuse plays hides a lot of weakness in a player.

This has very little to do with Doc and more to do with Fab's bad hands and lack of ability.

« Reply #14 on: May 06, 2013, 06:50:11 AM »

Offline krook

• Jayson Tatum
He is a project.  What do you expect he was hardly a dominant college player?

He has a first round contract which is guarenteed for X amount of years.

He can't rebound at all.  That zone the Cuse plays hides a lot of weakness in a player.

This has very little to do with Doc and more to do with Fab's bad hands and lack of ability.

roy hibbert?
meyers leonard?
hasheem tabheet?
hamed haddadi?