Author Topic: 2013 CB Historical Draft: Interest Thread, Rules(page 2), We Need Panelists  (Read 29503 times)

Re: 2013 CB Historical Draft: Interest Thread and Rules(page 2)?
« Reply #30 on: May 03, 2013, 10:20:53 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
Thanks to Kane for joining.

« Reply #31 on: May 03, 2013, 10:33:11 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
And with the elimination of the Celtics, the Historical Draft should be a great distraction for a while. Come on and join the fun.

« Reply #32 on: May 04, 2013, 03:22:08 AM »

Offline Yoki_IsTheName

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1304
  • I'm a Paul Heyman guy.
Bumping this.

Trade talks, trade talks everywhere.
2019 CStrong Historical Draft 2000s OKC Thunder.
PG: Jrue Holiday / Isaiah Thomas / Larry Hughes
SG: Paul George / Aaron McKie / Bradley Beal
SF: Paul Pierce / Tayshaun Prince / Brian Scalabrine
PF: LaMarcus Aldridge / Shareef Abdur-Raheem / Ben Simmons
C: Jermaine O'neal / Ben Wallace

« Reply #33 on: May 04, 2013, 03:30:19 AM »

Offline BASS_THUMPER

• Scal's #1 Fan
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 5350
  • Thumper of the BASS!
my homie Jimmy Neck Bone is a free agent....

« Reply #34 on: May 04, 2013, 08:12:14 AM »

Online Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1544
82-83
83-84
or both
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #35 on: May 04, 2013, 10:57:41 AM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith

« Reply #36 on: May 04, 2013, 11:41:16 AM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.
I think I'm passing, I don't know nuffin about basketball from that era, wouldn't feel confident

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner

« Reply #37 on: May 04, 2013, 02:01:17 PM »

Offline Yoki_IsTheName

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1304
  • I'm a Paul Heyman guy.
I think I'm passing, I don't know nuffin about basketball from that era, wouldn't feel confident

Hate to do this, but I might as well for the very same reason.

I can pick the players but would not know how to defend the picks and the team because I know nothing during that year as well, outside of the household names.
2019 CStrong Historical Draft 2000s OKC Thunder.
PG: Jrue Holiday / Isaiah Thomas / Larry Hughes
SG: Paul George / Aaron McKie / Bradley Beal
SF: Paul Pierce / Tayshaun Prince / Brian Scalabrine
PF: LaMarcus Aldridge / Shareef Abdur-Raheem / Ben Simmons
C: Jermaine O'neal / Ben Wallace

« Reply #38 on: May 04, 2013, 02:41:19 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
What if I change the year to 1992-1993?

I don't regulars not participating simply because the era doesn't fit them. I can change that, I just figured this is the Historical Draft, why not go back, read about some of these players and learn something about the history of the game we all love.

But if the era I chose is too far back, I will change it to accommodate more participation.

« Reply #39 on: May 04, 2013, 02:49:54 PM »

Offline Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 1615
  • What a Pub Should Be

I don't regulars not participating simply because the era doesn't fit them. I can change that, I just figured this is the Historical Draft, why not go back, read about some of these players and learn something about the history of the game we all love.

But if the era I chose is too far back, I will change it to accommodate more participation.

Honestly, I love the '82-83 year.  Eliminates a lot of guys and makes it more of a thinking man's draft. If anything, you stand to learn a lot.

This is one of the fun drafts too unlike the draft that won't be named.  I say hold your ground with the date and run with it.  People could stand to learn a thing or two about 70s and early 80s basketball.

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #40 on: May 04, 2013, 02:58:06 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith

Honestly, I love the '82-83 year.  Eliminates a lot of guys and makes it more of a thinking man's draft. If anything, you stand to learn a lot.

This is one of the fun drafts too unlike the draft that won't be named.  I say hold your ground with the date and run with it.  People could stand to learn a thing or two about 70s and early 80s basketball.
That was my thinking when the numbers came out the way they did. I have time and will wait. Would like to get up to 16 teams and 5 panelists but we can do this with 12 teams and 3 panelists. With 12 teams, wow, those will be awesome teams. Looking over the player list, there will definitely be some outstanding teams actually.

« Reply #41 on: May 04, 2013, 03:13:57 PM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 2785

I'd love to reach back even farther, myself...I remember drafting _______, ____________, and _____________ back in 10-11 Historical Draft, and it was fun.

I'm open to whatever, though...this is a welcome distraction....I'm suffering from Celtics withdrawal already  ;D

« Reply #42 on: May 04, 2013, 03:33:12 PM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.

Yeah, Im not mad or anything, I'll read all the pages and whatnot. I just don't think I'd be a good GM

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner

« Reply #43 on: May 04, 2013, 03:50:58 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith

Yeah, Im not mad or anything, I'll read all the pages and whatnot. I just don't think I'd be a good GM
Then you would make a fabulous panelist along with me and Roy.

Honestly, I might be older, but the memory of those NBA days isn't exactly engrained in the noggin. As I'm going over the player list I see a name and suddenly I'm like, "oh that's right that guy was really a very good player, sort of like a modern day".... Big Al or Paul Milsap or Lamarcus Aldridge or Josh Smith. You know what I mean, guys that were excellent players but just below the superstar level or perhaps they were buried on a bad team.

I really think when I put up the player list a lot of people will be doing the same thing I did, which was suddenly remember all these great players. Then you look up their stats and its like "wow, did he really do that one season?"

« Reply #44 on: May 04, 2013, 04:05:13 PM »

Offline ronaldo943

• NFT
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 513
Ill withdraw as i dont know much about 82-83 and i was really looking forward to MJ or Russell and Wilt