Author Topic: 2013 CB Historical Draft: Interest Thread, Rules(page 2), We Need Panelists  (Read 29514 times)

Re: 2013 CB Historical Draft: Interest and give me a year?
« Reply #15 on: May 01, 2013, 09:17:31 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
More bump.

« Reply #16 on: May 02, 2013, 12:02:46 AM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
We need you...

For a year and to play. This is going to rock this year and I think the format will be good for trading, something that doesn't always happen in this draft.

« Reply #17 on: May 02, 2013, 01:08:26 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
Come on people. We need players and I need years.

« Reply #18 on: May 02, 2013, 01:09:53 PM »

Offline wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • Basketball is Newtonian Physics
I should have the time.

« Reply #19 on: May 02, 2013, 01:10:38 PM »

Offline wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • Basketball is Newtonian Physics
1999-2000

Born midnight on Dec 31st? 

I had no idea you were only 13.

« Reply #20 on: May 02, 2013, 01:40:25 PM »

Offline Rondo2287

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 816
I'm in as a GM

CB Draft LA Lakers: Lamarcus Aldridge, Carmelo Anthony,Jrue Holiday, Wes Matthews  6.11, 7.16, 8.14, 8.15, 9.16, 11.5, 11.16

« Reply #21 on: May 02, 2013, 01:43:14 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
TPs gentlemen. Good to have you aboard

« Reply #22 on: May 02, 2013, 01:58:57 PM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1549
Count me in again. 

And might I suggest we make the draft all years but only those players drafted 11 or later i.e. no top ten picks.  That will make it very interesting as it eliminates virtually all of the all time great players.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #23 on: May 02, 2013, 09:12:28 PM »

Offline ronaldo943

• NFT
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 513
Bbbummmmmmmmpppppp

« Reply #24 on: May 02, 2013, 09:57:37 PM »

fitzhickey

I could be a gm, but would prefer assistant
1998 is my year

Re: 2013 CB Historical Draft: Interest Thread and Rules(page 2)?
« Reply #25 on: May 03, 2013, 06:03:17 PM »

Offline ronaldo943

• NFT
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 513
Anymore

« Reply #26 on: May 03, 2013, 06:33:02 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith

RULES

Each player will be assigned a team and run that team as it's owner. Players to be drafted will be any player that played in the season 1982-83. Once a player is drafted he is the property of that team. Once all rounds of the draft are over, each owner will be required to submit a roster picking the season that each of his or her players will be represented by. The season chosen must be a season within the career of the player.

This slight change to the format will limit the players that can be chosen but will allow for teams to choose the best year that player ever played. So just because someone was a rookie or in the last year he played in 1982-1983, doesn't mean you get the player as he was in 1982-1983.

Example:

If your starting five consists of Larry Bird, Sidney Moncrief, Moses Malone, Calvin Murphy and Terry Cummings, you must select which season each player will be represented by because they don't have to be represented as they were in 1983.

Bird - 1984-85
Moncrief - 1982-83
Malone - 1978-79
Murphy - 1977-78
Cummings - 1988-89

The draft will be a snake draft. The draft will start on May 13th, 2013 and go for two weeks plus weeks including all the vboting and so forth. There will be 12 rounds. May 13th-May 16th there will be one round per day with picks in 15 minute intervals. That weekend will begin a draft for coaches only that will not be rushed. The order will reversed from that of the first round of the draft. This will be more casual and no times will be assigned for  teams to select their coach by spanning the entire rest of the draft so that people can have a life.

The 6th through 12th rounds will be two rounds per day for 4 days with picks in 10 minute intervals.  These rounds will take place on May 17th and May 20-22. When the draft ends there will be a period over the next couple of days to trade and the trade deadline will end on May 24th at midnight. On May 24th 11:59AM all final rosters with a minimum of 12 players will need to be submitted.

I am hoping to put together a 5 person panel of respected Celticsblog members to judge the final results and give out awards. During the holiday weekend of May 25th to May 27th, owners will be able to make a presentation to the panelists for why they believe their team should receive an award. On 28th the panel will submit their votes for recognition and all recognitions will be announced on Friday May 31st, along with individual player honors.

The categories to compete:

Best Overall Team
Best Defensive Team
Best Offensive Team

Teams will be assigned to players on May 10th and the draft lottery will be held at the same time. There will be a trading moratorium in place until May 13th at 10AM at which point trades can be made and/or announced. All trades will need to meet league approval. If I feel there is a trade that is questionable and not in the interest of the game, I as commissioner will disallow it. Note, even though I will be consulting with the panel as to what their opinions of the trade in question is, I, as commissioner will have final word and approval. Also note, we are trading the best players ever having their best seasons ever so most trades will probably get approved unless there is some ridiculous outlier of a trade. Trades must be presented to the commissioner by both parties via personal message and announced by the commissioner before they are considered done. If trying to beat a deadline on the time for a pick, make the selection for the team and then do the trade.

I have a list of eligible players that I can e-mail to each owner that is in an Excel spreadsheet to make researching easier. I will post the players as well in the draft thread.

The main rule here is the same for all of Celticsblog, respect each other and have fun. Friendly banter is allowed and encouraged but ultimately this is for fun. The commissioner will have the authority to replace team owners due to behavior or lack of performance. In the event of the inability to find a suitable replacement, the team could be dissolved and the players re-entered into the draft. This will be a decision that will be avoided at all costs and will be a last resort scenario.

Discuss advice on your team from the panelists publicly in thread or if you wish, discuss individual players with the panelists via PM. But remember the team will still be yours and the pick your pick and several panelists will be judging the teams. So remember that.

Picks are due before the time listed in the Draft Thread. I am still waiting for feedback on times but a schedule will be given in the draft thread. Owners may make their selection at anytime before their allotted deadline so long as the owner of the pick in front of them has made their pick or exceeded his/her allotted deadline.

If an owner will not be available to make a selection he can give a list of players that he would be willing to draft in preferential order to the commissioner, or a panelist, or another owner. IMPORTANT: Please supply a list long enough to still have one available player left in case all the teams selecting in front of you happen to select all the players you desire. A fill in selector CAN NOT arbitrarily make the selection for you, they must have a name of a player that is provided to them that is available.

If for some reason an owner does not make a selection then at 9:00 PM on the night of the round where a selection was not made I will be polling our panelists for their top players still available. From this list a cumulative list will be made. If the team that missed their selection has not made the selection by 7:00 AM of the day or the start of the next round(s) then players will be assigned to teams by the commissioner off of this cumulative list. If more than one selection needs to be assigned then the best available player will go to the team that had the highest pick, the 2nd best player to the team with the second highest pick, and so on.

All teams must remain in the city that is assigned. The owner of that team my change the name of the team but the team may not leave the city in question. No switching of teams is allowed.

HAVE FUN AND LEARN SOME HISTORY!!

As an aside, the season 1982-83 was the average of all the dates given to me and is how I came up with the year to use for this format.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2013, 10:58:50 AM by nickagneta »

« Reply #27 on: May 03, 2013, 06:35:37 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
Anymore
I will be sending out PMs to former players in other drafts and try to get more action.

« Reply #28 on: May 03, 2013, 07:01:47 PM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25628
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
I'm down for being a panelist.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #29 on: May 03, 2013, 07:03:00 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
I'm down for being a panelist.
Awesome. Thanks sir.