Poll

What should the Celtics organisation do?

Let Rondo and KG have one more ride, with or without Pierce.
9 (25.7%)
Complete tank/lottery/pray for top 3 pick +acquire more picks mode
6 (17.1%)
Mini Rebuild: Tank next season while Rondo recovers, get top 3 pick, sign FA's to create a new Celtics contender
13 (37.1%)
None of the above.
7 (20%)

Total Members Voted: 35

Author Topic: So what's Danny's plan next season? What do you think we should do?  (Read 7887 times)

Re: So what's Danny's plan next season? What do you think we should do?
« Reply #45 on: April 28, 2013, 01:04:17 PM »

Offline Evantime34

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 764
  • Eagerly Awaiting the Next Fantasy Draft
I'm just gonna say, I can't fathom missing the playoffs. I'm sure lots of fans don't like to watch a tanking team.

Being a middle of the road playoff team is not much different than missing the playoffs in my eyes. The organization should be doing everything in their power to get #18 and beyond.
I've heard this opinion a lot but as far as ownership is concerned a tank job could cost them a ton of revenue in the tanking year.

To me you just want to be a team that is always improving. With how young our team is we can show steady improvement without taking a huge leap backwards.
DKC:  Rockets
CB Draft: Memphis Grizz
Players: Klay Thompson, Jabari Parker, Aaron Gordon
Next 3 picks: 4.14, 4.15, 4.19

« Reply #46 on: April 28, 2013, 02:06:12 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2968
think its better to try and improve the team without tanking .  Tanking is not Boston , that loser method belongs to the new bees in the NBA

« Reply #47 on: April 28, 2013, 02:38:41 PM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
.  Tanking is not Boston , that loser method belongs to the new bees in the NBA

Tell that to ML Carr.

« Reply #48 on: April 28, 2013, 02:44:24 PM »

Offline BASS_THUMPER

• Scal's #1 Fan
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 5350
  • Thumper of the BASS!
ill contribute more here when IF the knicks send us fishing

so far we still in this

« Reply #49 on: April 28, 2013, 02:53:43 PM »

Offline toine83

• The Green Kornet
  • Tommy Points: 6
Trade Bradley, Lee, Terry, Bass, Melo

« Reply #50 on: April 28, 2013, 04:55:02 PM »

Offline LooseCannon

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 950
Ainge may have tried to tank this season by refusing to get a replacement big, so we'll see.  Perhaps he was hoping to get a #1 the way the Bulls were able to draft Derrick Rose without completely emptying the roster of talent.  I'm not a fan of starting out a season in tank mode, but it is something to consider if the team is foundering in mid-season.

For now, I think the team is basically committed to one more year if KG and PP do not retire.  I do feel like the team has a shot if they can dump salary (a guard, not Bass) to sign a big.  My pipe dream is a salary dump of Terry and Elton Brand being available for the MLE.

Otherwise, I think the team should wait until Rondo is healthy and playing 30-35 minutes per game or shows that he can't handle that anymore. 

The time to really consider blowing things up in Boston is when the medium contract role players such as Bass, Terry, and Lee become expiring contracts.  Which is after next season.  That can start a few months early if the Celtics play poorly enough that a mid-season shift to tanking is a good idea.

This all goes out the window if Ainge finds a deal which can pair a potential All-Star with Rondo.
"The worst thing that ever happened in sports was sports radio, and the internet is sports radio on steroids with lower IQs.” -- Brian Burke, former Toronto Maple Leafs senior adviser, at the 2013 MIT Sloan Sports Analytics Conference

« Reply #51 on: April 28, 2013, 05:09:40 PM »

Offline Meadowlark_Scal

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 670
  • You say when......
Well, not sure what he CAN do.....see if kg and pp still play.....but OFF the BENCH....not full time starters.....no reason to wear them out in the first half of the year...that is a dumb thing to do.....rondo and Green...keep them...many will want to play with them...Green can be a problem because many guys play that spot too......terry can be let go.....keep shav...easy to do, short $$$, plenty of upside.....need a new coach....for sure....!!!

« Reply #52 on: April 28, 2013, 05:44:16 PM »

Offline Boston Garden Leprechaun

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1553
Well, not sure what he CAN do.....see if kg and pp still play.....but OFF the BENCH....not full time starters.....no reason to wear them out in the first half of the year...that is a dumb thing to do.....rondo and Green...keep them...many will want to play with them...Green can be a problem because many guys play that spot too......terry can be let go.....keep shav...easy to do, short $$$, plenty of upside.....need a new coach....for sure....!!!

hmmmn. ya don't say?  ;)
LET'S GO CELTICS!

« Reply #53 on: April 28, 2013, 05:57:25 PM »

Offline celts10

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 25
If Ainge considers retooling, I see Josh Smith being in his plans at some point. Maybe if the Thunder amnesty Perkins, he'll be welcomed back too. Wouldn't mind seeing JJ Redick in green as well since he'd give us the best shooter since Ray. Hopefully Sullinger comes back healthy and Bradley spends the offseason recuperating and ready for the training camp.

Everything depends on Pierce and KG, though.