Author Topic: Coming back from 3-1 is not unprecedented  (Read 3114 times)

Re: Coming back from 3-1 is not unprecedented
« Reply #15 on: April 28, 2013, 10:46:24 PM »

Offline albas89

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 74
I like your optimism and positive thinking... but, please, no!! we were 60 something seconds away from getting swept for god's sake...

I like the "one game at a time" approach, but this is most probably a 5 game series. If we win Game 5, then we talk! Until that happens, there are 2 facts I know of:
- No team has come back from a 3-0 deficit
- We barely won a home game, in which we led by 20 in the 3rd against a Knicks team without JR Smith and with Melo struggling...

Sorry, I don't believe in miracles!
« Last Edit: April 28, 2013, 10:55:20 PM by albas89 »
"Life has so many hurdles. Some of them I've hopped over, some of them I've tripped over. The key is to get back up and finish the race."- Paul Pierce

And he did finish...

« Reply #16 on: April 28, 2013, 11:06:31 PM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2663
  • bammokja
Your headline is misleading. We were down 3-0. No team has come back from a 3-0 deficit ever.

Not anymore.  :D besides, for such unbridled enthusiasm I think everyone on cb should give him a tp.

Right now, after game 4, I am happy to be a celtics fan. And I will continue to be happy for at least 2 more days. I will take my little joys in life where and when I can.  :)  I can hope and drink the kool aid at least a little bit longer.

Go celtics!,,
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #17 on: April 28, 2013, 11:14:08 PM »

Offline ronaldo943

• NFT
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 513
Your headline is misleading. We were down 3-0. No team has come back from a 3-0 deficit ever.

Are we down 3-0 now? No.

We're down 3-1. Period.

all of the NBA teams that have ever been down 3-0 and won game 4 have lost the series. What''s your point?

We're not down 3-0 anymore, so I don't care about any 3-0 statistics.

So you care about 3-1 stats yet not 3-0 stats if anything just disregard all stats
Just cause teams have comeback from a 3-1 deficit doesnt mean we will
Just cause teams have never won a series after being down 3-0 doesnt mean we cant do it
Just cause a Celtics team came back from a 3-1 doesnt mean this Celtics will

Just trying to prove a point that either you use all stats and not just use the ones convenient to you, really im not focused on either stats and just hoping we can win 1 game at a time

« Reply #18 on: April 28, 2013, 11:17:21 PM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
Smith will be playing next game, and we barely won with him gone.  At least we won't/didn't get swept like the Lakers.

« Reply #19 on: April 28, 2013, 11:17:51 PM »

Offline get_banners

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 100
the game has to be called relatively evenly AND we need to hit our shots AND the knicks need to not get ridiculously hot (melo, smith, and felton have made a pretty impressive number of ridiculous shots this series - they're good/great, but some of these shots are absurd) for us to have a shot at even getting this back to boston. i'm pulling for us big-time, but we have a tough road ahead and we're not close to healthy.

« Reply #20 on: April 29, 2013, 12:28:19 AM »

Offline syfy9

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 291
  • We may as well put Tyrion in at center.
No team has ever come back from a 3-0 series.

The Celtics now simply do not have the tools to win much more. MSG is crazy. Our offense is completely stagnant. The Knicks were missing arguably their 3rd or even 2nd best player.

KG and Pierce can only do so much. For us to win even the next game, we'd need Green/Terry/just somebody to step up - something that hasn't happened much all series (except for Terry in game 4 - kudos to you, jason).
I like Marcus Smart

« Reply #21 on: April 29, 2013, 12:52:07 AM »

Offline Tgro

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 143
  • It's all about the TEAM!
Im more inclined  to think we will lose eventually and most probably game 5 and at this point all the games are critical including the 1st must have that we just got. But I have to say game 5 is where my believing threshold will take a major turn if we can pull that one off because if the Knicks lose game 5, doubt will start to creep into their head and really the Celtics have been able to play like they have nothing to lose and the Knicks are playing like they know they have this in the bag. But if the Celtics pull off game 5, which would be a miracle, I know, all of a sudden not only will doubt start to enter the Knicks head but the pressure to finish the Celtics off will start coming into play.

Meantime the Celtics will get to head back home for game 6 with a bit of momentum and a ruckus crowd will be ready to go nuts. Game 6 will feel like a must win for the Knicks and the atmosphere to do it will be extremely hostile for them.

Certainly a crazy far fetched bunch of ifs but if the Celtics manage to make it to a game 7 the pressure will be completely on the Knicks. And this all could very well be doable but its also extremely unlikely. But I wont give up hope until we are officially dead so I can foresee a path where we could actually pull this off.

I really believe that game 5 is key though. its the last game where the Knicks should feel loose and overly confident. They blow game 5 and I see our chances going from completely far fetched to very realistic.

Go Celtics!!!!
The Celtics aren't quitters. Why should you be? - blind homer

« Reply #22 on: April 29, 2013, 01:40:04 AM »

Offline guava_wrench

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 777

Are we down 3-0 now? No.

We're down 3-1. Period.
Agreed. Still unlikely.