Author Topic: Celtics (0-1) at Knicks (1-0) Game 2 4/23  (Read 82670 times)

Re: Celtics (0-1) at Knicks (1-0) Game 2 4/23
« Reply #615 on: April 23, 2013, 10:52:13 PM »

Offline Kuberski33

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 540
You get the feeling that the Knicks can decide to turn it on at any time and the Celtics cannot compete.  I think we're going to get swept. 

Can't believe Doc's response to this team getting totally out toughed is to go small - with guards who can't make shots.

That's a no chance strategy in this series.

« Reply #616 on: April 23, 2013, 10:52:45 PM »

Offline pp34isthe1

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 40
This team needs Rondo and Sullinger to compete. Now for a cigarette and cheap Canadian whiskey.

I wish I could give you a million tps. I'm probably going to screen shot that post and make it my signature tomorrow.

« Reply #617 on: April 23, 2013, 10:54:00 PM »

Offline NocturnalRebel

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 41
Had I known tha Celtics were gonna play that way in tha second half I would've rather watched tha Bad Girls Club Finale.

Doc must get better with adjustments. It's a must. I hate small ball and I hate how he brings in players that have shown good signs late in games when they're out of reach. And tha Celtics will have to start matching halves together. They played a good first half and basically dropped a duece tha entire second half. I would rather see them play bad in tha first half and come out strong in tha second.

No excuse for tha way they played in tha second half.
Loyalty Is Royalty

« Reply #618 on: April 23, 2013, 10:56:15 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
Beautiful run we had guys the past few years. This is it i believe. Just don't have enough skills and gas in the tank

« Reply #619 on: April 23, 2013, 10:56:47 PM »

Offline Kuberski33

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 540
Doc post game quote on the second half performance: "I just didn’t think we came out with the same mentality we had in the first half."

Uh Doc, that's because the Knicks played no defense in the first half...

« Reply #620 on: April 23, 2013, 11:02:52 PM »

Offline Galeto

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 71
So Green starting at SF next to Pierce doesn't seem that great.  It didn't work all that well the few times they tried it after Garnett came back from his injury.  I don't know why Doc's been so stubborn all year in not playing Green at PF next to Garnett.  Green is not a dynamic small forward but he's one hell of an offensive PF. 

I can't stand Doc anymore.  It's so upsetting.

« Reply #621 on: April 23, 2013, 11:04:03 PM »

Offline pp34isthe1

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 40
Even if you are a Doc supporter (which I am one) you've got to be scratching your head at his situationals, substitutions, and lack of realizing when it's time for an adjustment. I really don't understand how a veteran coach of his capability can be so stubborn and reckless. I most blame falls on the injuries and the lack of chemistry, but given the known circumstances I think Doc has coached this team poorly.

« Reply #622 on: April 23, 2013, 11:10:03 PM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2404
Disgusted

« Reply #623 on: April 23, 2013, 11:12:54 PM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
Guys can't get a rhythym with Doc's weird patterns.  I like Doc but sometimes he is mystifying even to me a supporter.

« Reply #624 on: April 23, 2013, 11:17:45 PM »

Offline Galeto

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 71
Doc post game quote on the second half performance: "I just didn’t think we came out with the same mentality we had in the first half."

If this was the problem, then it's been the problem all season because this team cannot score.  Actually it must have been a problem the last three or four seasons. 

He always blames mentality or something similar.  Maybe it's calling the same freaking play over and over and never getting the ball in the paint that's to blame?  Just maybe it's tactical too. 

I don't think Doc's just bullcrapping either.  Given that he hasn't changed the offense at all, I mean at all, in the 6 seasons, he truly truly believes it's all about mentality or some such malarky.

« Reply #625 on: April 23, 2013, 11:25:24 PM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
Don't see any light at the end of the tunnel
I do.  it's the train coming at us head on  :-\

« Reply #626 on: April 24, 2013, 12:00:10 AM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 2785
Completely slept through this game...I guess my body needed the rest...was probably for the best, looking at the results...WOW.

BUT - Don't give up on these Celtics...series is NOT over.

« Reply #627 on: April 24, 2013, 12:01:01 AM »

Offline ozman

• Joe Mazzulla
  • Tommy Points: 21

If this was the problem, then it's been the problem all season because this team cannot score.  Actually it must have been a problem the last three or four seasons. 

He always blames mentality or something similar.  Maybe it's calling the same freaking play over and over and never getting the ball in the paint that's to blame?  Just maybe it's tactical too. 

I don't think Doc's just bullcrapping either.  Given that he hasn't changed the offense at all, I mean at all, in the 6 seasons, he truly truly believes it's all about mentality or some such malarky.

Thats docs responsibility also. never mind the poor rotations/line ups and predictable offense, but when he blaims the lapse on mentality then he is admitting fault. He is the one who addresses the team at 1/4 1/2 3/4 and time outs. it's not like the players lack motivation it's the playoffs!
so if that's his reason for both 2nd half lapses,then clearly the players arnt buying into his words anymore.

« Reply #628 on: April 24, 2013, 04:01:00 AM »

Offline Drucci

• Global Moderator
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 439
Nice repeat of game 1... except this time we started to suck at the very end of the 2nd quarter and all way through the 3rd. Worst 2nd half in Celtics history, at least we keep finding new lows ::)

Too bad, I felt like we had this one when I saw Terry hitting 3's... but it didn't last either. Green was too tentative and overall invisible, KG is so off it hurts us, and the guards weren't productive enough. I cringe every time Crawford attempts a shot but at least he made some important ones and wasn't scared to take them.

Kind of baffled Doc didn't play Lee until garbage time : I know Crawford and Terry were playing well but once things went south in the 3rd, it was worth a try to shuffle up the guards.

Better win the next one or the series is over.

« Reply #629 on: April 24, 2013, 07:16:42 AM »

Offline ACF

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1157
  • A Celtic Fan
The Garden had better be cooking for Game 3. You hear me, Boston? For those of you going: BE LOUD!