Author Topic: Knicks (2-0) at Celtics (0-2) Game 3 4/26  (Read 67675 times)

Knicks (2-0) at Celtics (0-2) Game 3 4/26
« on: April 25, 2013, 09:29:43 PM »

Offline FLCeltsFan

• Kendrick Perkins #1 Fan
  • Author
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 11832
  • Marcus Smart Fan!
  at 
New York Knicks (2-0) at Boston Celtics (0-2)
Friday, April 26, 2013
7:00 PM ET
Playoff Game #3, Home Game #1
TV:  ESPN, CSN-NE, MSG, NBAC
TD Garden

Probable Starting Matchups

Point Guard
vs
Avery Bradley vs Raymond Felton

vs
Paul Pierce vs Pablo Prigioni   

vs
Jeff Green vs Iman Shumpert

vs
Brandon Bass vs Carmelo Anthony

vs
Kevin Garnett vs Tyson Chandler     

Celtics Reserves
Shavlik Randolph
Courtney Lee
Terrence Williams
Jason Terry
DJ White
Jordan Crawford
Chris Wilcox
Fab Melo

Injuries
Rajon Rondo (knee) out
Jared Sullinger (back) out
Kevin Garnett (hip)  probable

Key off the Bench

Jordan Crawford
Doc has said that Crawford has moved in front of Courtney Lee for playing time.  Crawford is somewhat of a loose cannon.  He can be very good or very bad.   The Celtics need the very good Crawford who can give them instant offense as well as handling the ball for the second unit.   

Jason Terry
JET has been very vocal off the court but hasn't given the Celtics much on the court.  He didn't score in the first game at all.  It looked like he was going to be a factor in game 2 but he disappeared in the second half when the Celtics desperately needed someone to knock down some shots.   The Celtics need Jason Terry  to get back on track.   

Knicks Reserves
James White
JR Smith
Quinton Richardson
Steve Novak
Jason Kidd
Kenyon Martin

Injuries
Marcus Camby (foot) questionable
Amar'e Stoudemire (knee) out

Key off the Bench

JR Smith
Sixth Man of the Year JR Smith has proved that he can take over a game if not guarded closely.  He is a threat from beyond the arc as well as to drive to the hoop.   

Kenyon Martin
Martin has been rebounding, blocking shots and scoring for the Knicks.   He has been a big factor in both games so far.  The Celtics have to be aware of his presence at all times and need to try to keep him away from the basket.   

Game Notes

The Celtics return to the TD Garden for their first game since the bombs at the Boston Marathon killed three people and wounded hundreds more. As with the Bruins and the Red Sox before them, the Celtics will pay tribute to the victims and the first-responders in a pregame ceremony - and then try to put it aside and play.  The fans and the team can give each other a much needed lift. 

The Celtics struggled on the road in the first two games, just as they have struggled on the road all season.    At the Garden, however they have played very well and hopefully some home cooking will be just what they need to get back on track and to even up the series.   The Celtics had a bigger home-court advantage during the regular season -  winning 13 more games in Boston than on the road - than any other playoff team in the Eastern Conference.   

Kevin Garnett injured his hip in game 2 but will play and according to Doc is fine.  The Celtics need a healthy KG if they are going to win this series.   The Celtics also need to get more from their bench.  Jason Terry has been more mouth than game and they need him to snap out of his slump.   They need others to contribute as well and if the players on the court aren't getting it done, Doc needs to try someone else. 

The Celtics need to somehow solve their second half woes, whether it is fatigue or focus,  they have to find a way to be consistent throughout the game and not disappear in the second half.   The Celtics can win this game and this series,  but they need to stay focused and hopefully the home crowd will be just what the Doctor ordered. 

Keys to the Game
Bench Play  -  The Celtics bench must give them more.  Although  they did better in the second game with 19 points (Crawford 10, Terry9)  they still need to do better.  If the players Doc puts in don't produce,  Doc needs to go deeper into the bench as the starters can't carry the whole load. 

Defense -  The saying that defense wins championships is very true.  The Celtics ability to get stops will be a big key in winning this series.  It would be nice to see them come out from the start playing lock down defense but more importantly to continue to play that defense after the half and until the final buzzer. 

Move the Ball - One way to help their offensive struggles is to move the ball quicker and not allow the defenses to get set up.  They can't let the ball get stuck with any one player as iso ball won't beat the Knicks.  In moving the ball, they must make smart passes and not turn the ball over.

Be Aggressive - The Celtics must be the more aggressive team.  They have to win the 50-50 balls.  They must be more aggressive in diving for loose balls, going for rebounds, and driving to the basket.  The more aggressive team usually gets the benefit of the calls and also usually wins the game.  We know the Knicks are going to be aggressive and the Celtics must be more so. 

Rebound - The Celtics must make an effort to crash the boards and win the rebounding battle.  They can limit the Knicks second chance points as well as their fast breaks by beating them to the rebounds.  It is crucial for every player to go after rebounds and fight for them. 

Play Both Halves -  The Celtics have come out strong in both games on the road and had good first halves.   For some reason, they have come out after the half like a completely different team, no longer aggressive, no longer hitting shots or going to the basket and just completely coming apart.  They must somehow play strong for a full 48 minutes. 

X-Factors
KG's Health and Home Court
KG injured his hip in game 2 and Doc has said he will play in game 3 but if he is limited, so are the Celtics.   There have already been questions about his ankle and now his hip.   The Celtics need a healthy and aggressive KG in order to win this series. 

The Celtics return home for the first time since the Marathon bombing and so it will be an emotional return to the Garden.   The Celtics need to use that emotion and energy from the crowd and feed off of it to fuel their play.   Hopefully being back home will get them back on track.   

Re: Knicks (2-0) at Celtics (0-2) Game 3 4/26
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2013, 10:26:19 PM »

Offline CelticConcourse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 383
  • Jeff Green
Must-win. And we're gonna win it.

Celtics by 25.
Jeff Green - Top 5 SF

[Kevin Garnett]
"I've always said J. Green is going to be one of the best players to ever play this game"

« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2013, 11:27:32 PM »

Online SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 990
KG with a nagging hip-flexor. Celtics playing for the first time in the TD Garden since tragic events happened. Raymond Felton is matching up against Avery Bradley.

Celtics should have every reason to win this game. This is a MUST WIN game.

A loss will be the official end to our season.

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2013, 12:18:36 AM »

Offline WeMadeIt17

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 435
Please win! Need to come out with a lot of energy in the 1st AND 3rd quarters. Cannot have a bad 3rd again. Please for the sake of me living in the house with two knick fans win!

« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2013, 12:21:15 AM »

Offline CelticsFan9

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 116
  • Everyone's excited for the new era.
I just realized why we aren't up 2-0.  I haven't been wearing my Celtics jerseys!

I usually wear my Rondo away jerseys or away games, and KG home jersey for home games (during playoffs), so I'll be wearing KG tomorrow.

LET'S GO CELTICS!

« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2013, 12:44:04 AM »

Offline bfrombleacher

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 367
I just realized why we aren't up 2-0.  I haven't been wearing my Celtics jerseys!

I usually wear my Rondo away jerseys or away games, and KG home jersey for home games (during playoffs), so I'll be wearing KG tomorrow.

LET'S GO CELTICS!

Go you!

Go Celtics!

« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2013, 01:46:53 AM »

Online SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 990

LET'S GO CELTICS!

I wore my Paul Pierce away jersey on Tuesday. I got the mean glaring looks from Laker fans at my school hahah. And then I saw someone wearing an Amare Stoudemire jersey and we just stared at each other as we walk past.

LEGGO C'S!

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #7 on: April 26, 2013, 03:46:04 PM »

Offline jgod213

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 300
Just got into the Garden via stubhub for under $59/ticket.  WHERE IS CELTIC NATION!??!?! SCOOP UP SOME OF THESE TIX THIS SERIES ISN'T OVER YET!!!!

DKC Utah Jazz
http://tinyurl.com/kqjb3cv

Starters:   Bledsoe-Gordon-Hayward-Patterson-Favors  | 6th-Kanter
Reserves: Warren-Hardaway-Plumlee-Larkin-Evans-Mbakwe-Huestis-Hummel-Calathes

« Reply #8 on: April 26, 2013, 04:20:35 PM »

Offline GreenEnvy

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 1031
Just got into the Garden via stubhub for under $59/ticket.  WHERE IS CELTIC NATION!??!?! SCOOP UP SOME OF THESE TIX THIS SERIES ISN'T OVER YET!!!!

That's crazy. If I knew tickets were available for anything close to that I would have considered making the trip from NYC. Never been to a playoff game (crazyyyyy prices here in NYC). I would have expected tickets to be $250+.

First game since the Marathon, it's gonna be epic tonight. I hope the crowd doesn't let up for a second.

Let's Go Celtics!!
CELTICS 2024

« Reply #9 on: April 26, 2013, 04:24:14 PM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 2785
Thanks for post, FL (TP).

Let's get this one, BOS! One game at a time!

« Reply #10 on: April 26, 2013, 04:32:42 PM »

Offline KGs Knee

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1544
PLEASE....For the love of god, change the lineup, Doc!

« Reply #11 on: April 26, 2013, 05:56:21 PM »

Offline Boston Garden Leprechaun

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1550
Must-win. And we're gonna win it.

Celtics by 25.

LET'S GO CELTICS!

« Reply #12 on: April 26, 2013, 07:03:01 PM »

Offline aporel#18

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 170
Tp, FL.

Now this is a must win, and the Celtics must and will win, I don't care if it's an ugly win, just beat the Knicks.

Go Celtics!

« Reply #13 on: April 26, 2013, 07:50:09 PM »

Offline Tgro

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 143
  • It's all about the TEAM!
While I think we still have a shot of taking this, I'm on the side that thinks in the end, we'll probably lose this series. However, I still think we have a shot. And really what I'm ready to see is what I haven't seen yet.

Celtic Pride.

We show some tonight and Game 4 becomes BIG!

EVERYONE KNOWS, we lose this one tonight....

We're toast.

I tend to think Celtics have more TEAM PRIDE than any other ESPECIALLY when everyone has counted us out. I don't like thinking this team hasn't shown it's pride yet. We're all waiting on it....

We're at home. 1st home game since the bombing. Down 0-2. Everyone has counted us out....I think we play 48 minutes tonight. We win tonight and ANYTHING'S POSSIBLE!!!! 

GO CELTICS!!!!
The Celtics aren't quitters. Why should you be? - blind homer

« Reply #14 on: April 26, 2013, 07:55:55 PM »

Offline The Rondo Show

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 364
  • Hook 'Em
I'm not happy until this 2-2.

Just win please
DKC Suns