Author Topic: Celtics (0-1) at Knicks (1-0) Game 2 4/23  (Read 82258 times)

Re: Celtics (0-1) at Knicks (1-0) Game 2 4/23
« Reply #15 on: April 23, 2013, 12:55:02 AM »

Offline Atzar

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 1649
It's not a must-win game.  Keep in mind that we only have to win one game at MSG.  It's an important game - every playoff game is - but it's not essential.

« Reply #16 on: April 23, 2013, 12:58:42 AM »

Offline YallahCeltics34

• Oshae Brissett
  • Tommy Points: 6
It's not a must-win game.  Keep in mind that we only have to win one game at MSG.  It's an important game - every playoff game is - but it's not essential.

Finally some sense in this thread.

« Reply #17 on: April 23, 2013, 01:02:40 AM »

Offline BASS_THUMPER

• Scal's #1 Fan
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 5349
  • Thumper of the BASS!

right!

it does make sense

instead of

bos 1
nyc 1

it ok to have

bos 0
nyc 2

make totally sense to me..
im sorry fellas

« Reply #18 on: April 23, 2013, 01:06:59 AM »

Offline Atzar

• Satch Sanders

right!

it does make sense

instead of

bos 1
nyc 1

it ok to have

bos 0
nyc 2

im sorry fellas

And if we drop this one but win the next two in Boston, we're tied at 2 with a three-game series left.  Again; it's important, but not critical.  If we protect our own house, we only need to steal one in New York.

« Reply #19 on: April 23, 2013, 01:10:58 AM »

Offline BASS_THUMPER

• Scal's #1 Fan
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 5349
  • Thumper of the BASS!

right!

it does make sense

instead of

bos 1
nyc 1

it ok to have

bos 0
nyc 2

im sorry fellas

And if we drop this one but win the next two in Boston, we're tied at 2 with a three-game series left.  Again; it's important, but not critical.  If we protect our own house, we only need to steal one in New York.

« Reply #20 on: April 23, 2013, 01:14:22 AM »

Offline NocturnalRebel

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 41
I don't think you guys understand what "Must win" means. Must win means that if we don't win, the series is over, there is a 0% chance that we win the series. Now, after reading that, if we lose tomorrow is the series 100% over? No it's not. Like I said it would be huge to win, and of course ideal. It would be unlikely that we win the series if we lost tomorrow, it wouldn't be impossible.

For someone that was confident enough to say they'll win down 0-2 2 posts ago, you back tracked a little. There's nothing that would convince me that going down 0-2 is better than going 1-1 into game 3 at home unless this is a fake blog and we're all Heat or OKC fans here.

You're right on one thing tho, tha season wouldn't be over and it wouldn't be impossible to come back from 0-2. We've seen it last season against tha Heat. But if tha Celtics go down 0-2 and lose game 3 would you still look at game 2 as one that shouldn't have been a "Must Win"?

I'm sorry 1-1 is a lot better than 0-2.
Loyalty Is Royalty

« Reply #21 on: April 23, 2013, 01:18:45 AM »

Offline YallahCeltics34

• Oshae Brissett
  • Tommy Points: 6
When did I say that going down 0-2 was better than 1-1? Why would anyone say that? You guys are making it seem like our season comes down to tomorrows game. It doesnt. If we go down 0-3 yeah, but right now we're only down 1 game, if we go down 2 games, it will make it a lot tougher. Put it this way, if we lose tomorrow and are down 0-2, then i will say game 3 is a must win. Tomorrows game is NOT a must win. We're not down 0-2 nor is it a close out game.

« Reply #22 on: April 23, 2013, 01:19:37 AM »

Offline Atzar

• Satch Sanders
I don't think you guys understand what "Must win" means. Must win means that if we don't win, the series is over, there is a 0% chance that we win the series. Now, after reading that, if we lose tomorrow is the series 100% over? No it's not. Like I said it would be huge to win, and of course ideal. It would be unlikely that we win the series if we lost tomorrow, it wouldn't be impossible.

For someone that was confident enough to say they'll win down 0-2 2 posts ago, you back tracked a little. There's nothing that would convince me that going down 0-2 is better than going 1-1 into game 3 at home unless this is a fake blog and we're all Heat or OKC fans here.

You're right on one thing tho, tha season wouldn't be over and it wouldn't be impossible to come back from 0-2. We've seen it last season against tha Heat. But if tha Celtics go down 0-2 and lose game 3 would you still look at game 2 as one that shouldn't have been a "Must Win"?

...you don't say.

Nobody is trying to argue that losing this game is better than winning it.  Winning is obviously better.  The team wants to win, I want to win, we all want to win.  But if we lose, we'll have other opportunities to steal one as long as we hold serve in Boston.

All I'm saying.

« Reply #23 on: April 23, 2013, 02:35:32 AM »

Offline NocturnalRebel

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 41

...you don't say.

Nobody is trying to argue that losing this game is better than winning it.  Winning is obviously better.  The team wants to win, I want to win, we all want to win.  But if we lose, we'll have other opportunities to steal one as long as we hold serve in Boston.

All I'm saying.

I'm not arguing that either, we're talking "Ifs" here.

It's a must win for me because it's a road game. We agree that tha Celtics need to win one on tha road but tha disconnect is where it decides their season. I get that game 2 isn't critical and it doesn't decide their season but why do we have to wait until tha series is 3-2 or 3-3 to wanna finally say tha Celtics have to or must win? I'm not hanging my hat on potentially going down 0-2 and rely on home court protection to even it out and then want them to squeeze one out in game 5.

We are missing tha guy that can take over games and put us over tha top. We wouldn't have seen 7 games against tha Heat last season without him. Every game for these current Celtics should be a must win for them and that should be their mindset. But that's just me. Tonight wasn't critical to Chicago's season either but they responded to game 1 and beat tha Nets on tha road. I want tha same for tha Celtics.

Loyalty Is Royalty

« Reply #24 on: April 23, 2013, 04:19:25 AM »

Offline aporel#18

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 170
TP for another great thread, FL.

We all want this and each game, in the playoffs every game is a must win game, but until you lose at home it's still a series.

The Cs are like Muhammad Ali, listen to the greatest and get pumped:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d42RLkAF3rs

I believe! Let's go Celtics!

« Reply #25 on: April 23, 2013, 04:54:31 AM »

Offline ACF

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1157
  • A Celtic Fan
Celtic Pride, baby. Time to bring it. Cap'n time, KG time. And will the real Jason Eugene Terry please stand up?!

As always, great work, FL. TP.

Go Celtics!

« Reply #26 on: April 23, 2013, 07:00:42 AM »

Offline j804

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 3060
  • BLOOD SWEAT & TEARS
Celtic Pride, baby. Time to bring it. Cap'n time, KG time. And will the real Jason Eugene Terry please stand up?!

As always, great work, FL. TP.

Go Celtics!
He better don't want to break my flat screen lol

KG And J.Crawford will be the difference in this game for us and well go back to Boston full of swagger at 1-1 book it  ;D
"7ft PG. Rondo leaves and GUESS WHAT? We got a BIGGER point guard!"-Tommy on Olynyk

« Reply #27 on: April 23, 2013, 09:27:12 AM »

Offline Mr Green

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 33
LETS GO CELTICS!! KG BOMAYE!! ;D

« Reply #28 on: April 23, 2013, 10:14:06 AM »

Offline ben

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 43
anyone else confused/surprised that our bench is literally 3 (mediocre/poor) shooting guards?!  I don't think I have ever seen a bench like this on an NBA team.   

And what happened to Wilcox and Randolf?!  Don't we need these guys to help Bass and KG despite their own personal playoff resumes?  experience is overated in this situation, get some big bodies on the court!  What is goin on?

« Reply #29 on: April 23, 2013, 10:16:36 AM »

Offline The Rondo Show

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 364
  • Hook 'Em
We need this one, Let's Go Celtics
DKC Suns