Author Topic: Celtics (0-0) at Knicks (0-0) Game 1 4/20  (Read 98561 times)

Re: Celtics (0-0) at Knicks (0-0) Game 1 4/20
« Reply #735 on: April 21, 2013, 12:53:13 PM »

Offline Lightskinsmurf

• NCE
  • Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 134
Tyson Chandler played only 20 minutes.

The Knicks still won.

This was a real chance to steal one on their homecourt. A blown opportunity.
I agree we played about as good as you can up until that horrendous second half. I know Melo had almost 40 but it wasn't in a dominant way where he was just killing us, we made it tough for him and held their shooters in check for the most part. I'll take ugly games with them in the 90s all day.

The second half wasn't even all that bad. Cs led by 7 at one point (largest lead by either team to that point, I believe). If they could've maintained hustle, they would have pulled out the W. KMart and Kidd really showed a lot of hustle, and got Melo and the crowd back into it. Gritty vets would help the Cs a lot (Terry doesn't count).

The 4th quarter was bad enough to overshadow the somewhat decent 3rd. One decent quarter and one absolutely pathetic quarter= Bad half.

« Reply #736 on: April 21, 2013, 01:49:36 PM »

Offline CelticConcourse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 383
  • Jeff Green
KGs rest also played a role. He was rusty.
Jeff Green - Top 5 SF

[Kevin Garnett]
"I've always said J. Green is going to be one of the best players to ever play this game"

« Reply #737 on: April 22, 2013, 06:49:06 PM »

Offline kgainez

• NCE
  • Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 54

Jeff Green has arrived

In the first half you mean.

His inconsistency is not going away.  He played a great 24 minutes of basketball and p---ed away the other 24

Look, no offense intended to you or LSS, but I LOL'd at the comments here.

What do we expect Jeff Green to do - carry us for 48 min? Ain't happening.

His production "should" have been enough to carry BOS...none of us foresaw JT going 0 - 4, Paul and KG having bad FG% games, nor the mistakes that AB made at PG.

No one on the Knicks squad can guard Paul Pierce...he "should" be having a field day out there.

To me, Jeff Green is the absolute last person we should be blaming, here....just unbelievable.

I'm not blaming him for the loss. I'm just pointing out that he was M.I.A in the second half. So yeah, he arrived for the first half and then left early. I have no problem with green missing, I have a problem when he losses his aggressiveness and that's exactly what he did in the second half. He does deserve SOME blame.

they doubled the guy, took away his right hand and just made overall adjustments
while we sat there with our junk in our hand. not to mention he also played 45 minutes. come on. you all are a bit much.

« Reply #738 on: April 22, 2013, 07:04:23 PM »

Offline CelticConcourse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 383
  • Jeff Green
Don't forget, for every double-team there's an open man
Jeff Green - Top 5 SF

[Kevin Garnett]
"I've always said J. Green is going to be one of the best players to ever play this game"