Author Topic: 2013 NBA Playoffs  (Read 265123 times)

Re: 2013 NBA Playoffs
« Reply #2115 on: June 12, 2013, 12:03:51 AM »

Offline timobusa

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 284
  • Bleed Green, Die Green
Danny Green talks like Nate Robinson.

« Reply #2116 on: June 12, 2013, 12:08:21 AM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.
The real storyline here - Tracy McGrady is two wins away from his first NBA title.  Discuss.

I'm excited to see what a Finals win does for T-Mac's HOF probability at basketball reference.  It'd be a bizarre cap to a strange career.

It would do nothing for his HOF chances. He isn't playing meaningful mins .

fairweatherfan is talking about the formula that is used by the Basketball Reference website to calculate the probability of a player entering the Hall of Fame, not whether this season will influence actual Hall of Fame voters and their opinion of McGrady.

And I agree, it would be amusing to see a Spurs title win influence the formula. A bizarre cap to a strange career couldn't have been more perfectly worded.

Yeah, that's what I meant.

And honestly, years from now, when McGrady's career is long in the rearview, it probably will help a little bit, whether he contributed or not.  Just like it probably gets Mitch Richmond an extra vote or two these days.  Gotta get there first, though.

« Reply #2117 on: June 12, 2013, 12:50:27 AM »

Offline LooseCannon

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 950
This is why I wanted us to go hard after Danny Green this offseason.  Dude is a baller.

I want Ainge to do some scouting and find useful guys with similar pre-Spurs careers as Danny Green and Gary Neal.
"The worst thing that ever happened in sports was sports radio, and the internet is sports radio on steroids with lower IQs.” -- Brian Burke, former Toronto Maple Leafs senior adviser, at the 2013 MIT Sloan Sports Analytics Conference

« Reply #2118 on: June 12, 2013, 12:50:44 AM »

Offline Celtics18

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1469
The real storyline here - Tracy McGrady is two wins away from his first NBA title.  Discuss.

I'm excited to see what a Finals win does for T-Mac's HOF probability at basketball reference.  It'd be a bizarre cap to a strange career.

fairweatherfan is talking about the formula that is used by the Basketball Reference website to calculate the probability of a player entering the Hall of Fame, not whether this season will influence actual Hall of Fame voters and their opinion of McGrady.

And I agree, it would be amusing to see a Spurs title win influence the formula. A bizarre cap to a strange career couldn't have been more perfectly worded.

And honestly, years from now, when McGrady's career is long in the rearview, it probably will help a little bit, whether he contributed or not.  Just like it probably gets Mitch Richmond an extra vote or two these days.  Gotta get there first, though.

Mitch Richmond got an NBA title?  With who?
DKC Seventy-Sixers:

PG: G. Hill/D. Schroder
SG: C. Lee/B. Hield/T. Luwawu
SF:  Giannis/J. Lamb/M. Kuzminskas
PF:  E. Ilyasova/J. Jerebko/R. Christmas
C:    N. Vucevic/K. Olynyk/E. Davis/C. Jefferson

« Reply #2119 on: June 12, 2013, 12:51:50 AM »

Offline Celtics18

• Ed Macauley
This is why I wanted us to go hard after Danny Green this offseason.  Dude is a baller.

I want Ainge to do some scouting and find useful guys with similar pre-Spurs careers as Danny Green and Gary Neal.

Maybe guys like Terrence Williams and Shav Randolph?
DKC Seventy-Sixers:

« Reply #2120 on: June 12, 2013, 01:07:11 AM »

Offline timobusa

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 284
  • Bleed Green, Die Green

He was with the 2002 Lakers.

« Reply #2121 on: June 12, 2013, 01:22:14 AM »

Offline Celtics18

• Ed Macauley

He was with the 2002 Lakers.

Well, that's pathetic.  That should take points away from his Hall of Fame credentials as opposed to the other way around. 
DKC Seventy-Sixers:

« Reply #2122 on: June 12, 2013, 04:36:30 AM »

Offline NocturnalRebel

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 41
This response to game 2 was huge. I was actually in San Antone for game 3. I'll be here for tha next 2 games as well. I stay in Houston so I didn't have to travel too far. But that Spurs crowd was so live. San Antonio definitely love their Spurs and definitely one of tha best crowds. Watching Green and Neal knocking down their 3's and reacting with tha crowd was one of tha best experiences I've had at a basketball game. I can't wait until Thursday. I don't know what to expect but I hope these Spurs can continue what they shown in game 3.

Watching them beat tha Heat live by 36 without their big 3 really putting a stamp on that game was amazing. Heat got what they deserved and I hope they lose again on Thursday. Go Spurs Go.
Loyalty Is Royalty

« Reply #2123 on: June 12, 2013, 07:06:16 AM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961
Spures have to finish the job , NOW,    the Heat thrive or come alive always in Miami.   

Bron will have 35 points and 16 boards next game.

Wade will play dirty , Duncan will have to match James intensity  level and lead his team.

« Reply #2124 on: June 12, 2013, 07:01:44 PM »

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 1239
At least a goldfish with a Lincoln Log on its back goin' across your floor to your sock drawer has a miraculous connotation to it.

« Reply #2125 on: June 12, 2013, 07:42:10 PM »

Offline CelticConcourse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 383
  • Jeff Green
Jeff Green - Top 5 SF

[Kevin Garnett]
"I've always said J. Green is going to be one of the best players to ever play this game"

« Reply #2126 on: June 13, 2013, 08:38:15 PM »

Offline CelticsFan9

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 116
  • Everyone's excited for the new era.
Just saw Boris Diaw in the Spurs huddle, and it made me think: did he even play in G3?

Turns out, he didn't.  Just an interesting decision by Pop.  Clearly, it worked out pretty well.

« Reply #2127 on: June 13, 2013, 08:58:54 PM »

Offline SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 990
Mike Miller starting tonight. Hm, interesting.

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #2128 on: June 13, 2013, 09:12:19 PM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2401
Mike Miller starting tonight. Hm, interesting.

I like that decision. Smart decision. Get more shooting and floor spacing on the floor.

« Reply #2129 on: June 13, 2013, 09:14:52 PM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2401
I'd love to see Bosh try to attack Duncan on the drive.

No way Duncan is quick enough to stay in front off Bosh. Bosh has a great first step.