Author Topic: Referring to Miami as the "cHeat" isn't cool  (Read 18821 times)

Re: Referring to Miami as the "cHeat" isn't cool
« Reply #75 on: April 14, 2013, 04:03:27 PM »

Offline ronaldo943

• NFT
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 513
Name calling may be childish and juvenile but it's a part of sports and everyone does it!  This is a message board, why care about name calling when it's not offensive or against any of the rules. I'm not trying to be cool, I say the same stuff when I'm alone watching the game and much worse. Saying people are being juvenile and childish is classy, I guess...

Quote from: CelticsBlog Forum Posting Rules
  • There is no need for name-calling or harassment of any poster. This includes behavior in all areas of Celticsblog, including forum posts, blog comments and personal messages. While we encourage lively debate there is no reason for anyone to disrespect a fellow poster's ideas.
  • Do not label fellow posters in a way that is likely to provoke a negative response.

I think he meant as in namecalling a team not a person on the blog, i may be wrong though

« Reply #76 on: April 14, 2013, 04:06:26 PM »

Offline CelticConcourse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 383
  • Jeff Green
Name calling may be childish and juvenile but it's a part of sports and everyone does it!  This is a message board, why care about name calling when it's not offensive or against any of the rules. I'm not trying to be cool, I say the same stuff when I'm alone watching the game and much worse. Saying people are being juvenile and childish is classy, I guess...

Quote from: CelticsBlog Forum Posting Rules
  • There is no need for name-calling or harassment of any poster. This includes behavior in all areas of Celticsblog, including forum posts, blog comments and personal messages. While we encourage lively debate there is no reason for anyone to disrespect a fellow poster's ideas.
  • Do not label fellow posters in a way that is likely to provoke a negative response.

I think he meant as in namecalling a team not a person on the blog, i may be wrong though

My bad... again  :-[ :-X
Jeff Green - Top 5 SF

[Kevin Garnett]
"I've always said J. Green is going to be one of the best players to ever play this game"

« Reply #77 on: April 14, 2013, 04:22:29 PM »

Offline TheTruthFot18

• NCE
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 263
  • Truth Juice
Besides being potentially juvenile, I'd love to hear a reasonable argument about why referring to the Heat as cHeat or Lakers as Fakers isn't "cool."

Are we hurting the organizations' feelings?  How about the players' or the fans' feelings?

In my opinion, Wade is one of the dirtiest players in NBA history (lest we forget Rondo's elbow or the Collison shove), and I consider being dirty a form of cheating, and he and LeBron are two of the biggest floppers in the NBA, and I consider flopping a form of cheating.  So, the name cHeat accurately refers to them, in my opinion.

And, for the Lakers... come on.  Is there anything genuine about Los Angeles or the Lakers' Hollywood fan base?  Nothing could be more fake, not even Jack Nicholson's peraly dentures.  Fake defines Los Angeles.  So, the name Fakers is apt.

You know what isn't cool, calling a Los Angeles basketball team the Lakers.  There hasn't been a lake in the Los Angeles area since the Paleozoic area.  When they left Minneapolis for LA they should have changed their name to the Glitz or the Glamor or the Showtime.

Because it isn't clever, looks pretty dumb, and offends me

Then go enjoy yourself on the Heat or Lakers blog. Unless that was a joke  ::)
The Nets will finish with the worst record and the Celtics will end up with the 4th pick.

- Me (sometime in January)

--------------------------------------------------------

Guess I was wrong (May 23rd)

« Reply #78 on: April 14, 2013, 04:47:24 PM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
CHeat! CHeat! CHeat!

Want to do something about being offended, I 'll be your Huckleberry....

« Reply #79 on: April 14, 2013, 05:02:42 PM »

Offline TheTruthFot18

• NCE
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 263
  • Truth Juice
Besides being potentially juvenile, I'd love to hear a reasonable argument about why referring to the Heat as cHeat or Lakers as Fakers isn't "cool."

Are we hurting the organizations' feelings?  How about the players' or the fans' feelings?

In my opinion, Wade is one of the dirtiest players in NBA history (lest we forget Rondo's elbow or the Collison shove), and I consider being dirty a form of cheating, and he and LeBron are two of the biggest floppers in the NBA, and I consider flopping a form of cheating.  So, the name cHeat accurately refers to them, in my opinion.

And, for the Lakers... come on.  Is there anything genuine about Los Angeles or the Lakers' Hollywood fan base?  Nothing could be more fake, not even Jack Nicholson's peraly dentures.  Fake defines Los Angeles.  So, the name Fakers is apt.

You know what isn't cool, calling a Los Angeles basketball team the Lakers.  There hasn't been a lake in the Los Angeles area since the Paleozoic area.  When they left Minneapolis for LA they should have changed their name to the Glitz or the Glamor or the Showtime.

The Nets will finish with the worst record and the Celtics will end up with the 4th pick.

- Me (sometime in January)

--------------------------------------------------------

Guess I was wrong (May 23rd)

« Reply #80 on: April 14, 2013, 05:23:42 PM »

Offline Billz401

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 101
  • B's Up
Is this seriously a thread right now... Oh myyy god theyre using funny nicknames for rival teams of the celtics, on a CELTICS BLOG. the nerve of some people...
I swear no matter what any1 does, even as minute as this, there will always be someone to complain.. And for those who think its "juvenile" or "immature" you sound like some stuck up old snobs.. "Merrr, your vocabulary and demeanor are absolutely elementary at best. Please wait while i slurp my chai tea and scroll through your juvenile remarks."
Its honestly ridiculous that this is a thread right now.. Like some old ladies on here finding anything to nag about.. You dont like people making fun of the cHeat, i suggest u stay away from every sports blog besides miami's
everyone got so sensitive after 9-11... thanks alot bin laden

« Reply #81 on: April 14, 2013, 05:31:25 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25628
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
Is this seriously a thread right now... Oh myyy god theyre using funny nicknames for rival teams of the celtics, on a CELTICS BLOG. the nerve of some people...

I swear no matter what any1 does, even as minute as this, there will always be someone to complain.. And for those who think its "juvenile" or "immature" you sound like some stuck up old snobs.. "Merrr, your vocabulary and demeanor are absolutely elementary at best. Please wait while i slurp my chai tea and scroll through your juvenile remarks."
Its honestly ridiculous that this is a thread right now.. Like some old ladies on here finding anything to nag about.. You dont like people making fun of the cHeat, i suggest u stay away from every sports blog besides miami's

Yeah, I stand by "juvenile".  People can call the Heat whatever (non-rule-breaking) nickname they want, and I think almost everyone has agreed with that point.  However, I just have a hard time believing that anybody with more than a third-grade education can find monikers like "Fakers" and "cHeat" to be funny.  Celtics fans can come up with better.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #82 on: April 14, 2013, 05:34:32 PM »

Offline Billz401

• Bill Walton
  • B's Up

Yeah, I stand by "juvenile".  People can call the Heat whatever (non-rule-breaking) nickname they want, and I think almost everyone has agreed with that point.  However, I just have a hard time believing that anybody with more than a third-grade education can find monikers like "Fakers" and "cHeat" to be funny.  Celtics fans can come up with better.

« Reply #83 on: April 14, 2013, 05:39:37 PM »

Offline timobusa

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 284
  • Bleed Green, Die Green

TP! Gervais is the man

« Reply #84 on: April 14, 2013, 05:46:55 PM »

Offline Billz401

• Bill Walton
  • B's Up

But still have yet to explain how those nicknames do not work.. Ive seen quite a few great explanations as to why cHeat or Fakers are great nicknames but no argument for the other side. Merely saying that a word to describe a rival team is "juvenile" is such a cop-out.. Where are the facts/details to explain your reasoning? And when or where did someone use "cHeat" or "Fakers" to try and be funny? Were they doing stand up comedy and it wasnt going too swell and they pulled out the ole "so how about those Miami cHeat"? Im just wondering here. Im trying to gather all information before i come to an ironclad conclusion

« Reply #85 on: April 14, 2013, 05:52:52 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25628
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
Oh myyy god theyre using funny nicknames for rival teams of the celtics,

And when or where did someone use "cHeat" or "Fakers" to try and be funny? Were they doing stand up comedy and it wasnt going too swell and they pulled out the ole "so how about those Miami cHeat"? Im just wondering here. Im trying to gather all information before i come to an ironclad conclusion

??

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #86 on: April 14, 2013, 05:57:40 PM »

Online Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 1616
  • What a Pub Should Be
All that stuff is lame (same with the LA v Minn title thing) but to each their own I guess.

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #87 on: April 14, 2013, 06:00:07 PM »

Offline manl_lui

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 427
Referring to Lakers as "Fakers" isn't cool

« Reply #88 on: April 14, 2013, 06:01:36 PM »

Offline CelticConcourse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 383
  • Jeff Green
Why do we all have to be "cool"?  ::) I'm content with the way I am already.
Jeff Green - Top 5 SF

[Kevin Garnett]
"I've always said J. Green is going to be one of the best players to ever play this game"

« Reply #89 on: April 14, 2013, 06:07:37 PM »

Offline ItStaysYang

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 25

Then go enjoy yourself on the Heat or Lakers blog. Unless that was a joke  ::)

::)

Referring to Lakers as "Fakers" isn't cool

this

Oh myyy god theyre using funny nicknames for rival teams of the celtics,

And when or where did someone use "cHeat" or "Fakers" to try and be funny? Were they doing stand up comedy and it wasnt going too swell and they pulled out the ole "so how about those Miami cHeat"? Im just wondering here. Im trying to gather all information before i come to an ironclad conclusion

??

Not really sure why I vehemently disagree with you so often Roy. Your tolerance for idiocy is extremely low and that I can relate with