Author Topic: Knicks (2-0) at Celtics (0-2) Game 3 4/26  (Read 67681 times)

Re: Knicks (2-0) at Celtics (0-2) Game 3 4/26
« Reply #555 on: April 26, 2013, 11:24:55 PM »

Offline celticslove

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 188
I never bought the excuses. Not in Doc's whole tenure as coach.

Takeaway the Thib years and he sucks

Like I said earlier; Seems like they ran Clifford Ray out of town because he preached rebounding. Ever since then, there has been a lot of small ball.

There's been alot of small ball because Ainge hasn't been looking to recruit bigs... or the bigs that we currently have are not "big" in a sense. How can you blame Doc for going small when that's all that he has to work with?
he could have at least tried when his gameplan isn't working. but no no no doc genius is no fan of change.

« Reply #556 on: April 26, 2013, 11:27:57 PM »

Offline lour

• Xavier Tillman
  • Tommy Points: 6

Like I said earlier; Seems like they ran Clifford Ray out of town because he preached rebounding. Ever since then, there has been a lot of small ball.

There's been alot of small ball because Ainge hasn't been looking to recruit bigs... or the bigs that we currently have are not "big" in a sense. How can you blame Doc for going small when that's all that he has to work with?
he could have at least tried when his gameplan isn't working. but no no no doc genius is no fan of change.

Well then what lineup would he be going with? I felt like he did try to go big in Game 2 when he had PP at the 2, Green at the 3, Bass at the 4 and KG at center.

What other lineup would you rather have seen? Or better yet what other lineup would make more sense if you wanted to go "big."

« Reply #557 on: April 26, 2013, 11:29:32 PM »

Offline Chief

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2450

Had Darko?

Has Wilcox?

Has Shav?

Last year, he had Steamer?

Once you are labeled 'the best' you want to stay up there, and you can't do it by loafing around.

Larry Bird

« Reply #558 on: April 26, 2013, 11:46:11 PM »

Offline Chief

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2450

Well then what lineup would he be going with? I felt like he did try to go big in Game 2 when he had PP at the 2, Green at the 3, Bass at the 4 and KG at center.

What other lineup would you rather have seen? Or better yet what other lineup would make more sense if you wanted to go "big."

First TP!!! Very civilized question.

I'd go:

Terry
Lee
Pierce
Shav
KG

Bradley- when JR Smith comes in
Green
Bass
Wilcox

I'd keep Shav and KG as a rotation and Bass and Wilcox as a rotation.

The problem Doc deals with is making everyone happy. The guys who you don't have to make happy are:

White
Melo
Shav
T-Will
Wilcox

But Doc feels he must play: (egos)

Terry
Crawford
Lee
Bradley
Green
Pierce
Kg
Bass

So he goes small. :-\
Once you are labeled 'the best' you want to stay up there, and you can't do it by loafing around.

Larry Bird

« Reply #559 on: April 26, 2013, 11:47:16 PM »

Offline celticslove

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 188

Had Darko?

Has Wilcox?

Has Shav?

Last year, he had Steamer?
i think they should try and color their hair ala rodman so that the genius coach can see they exists.