Author Topic: Celtics (40-38) at Heat (62-16) 4/12  (Read 44507 times)

Re: Celtics (40-38) at Heat (62-16) 4/12
« Reply #240 on: April 12, 2013, 10:13:39 PM »

Offline Boston Garden Leprechaun

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1550
Lee with 13 pts in the 4th
the one and only bright spot of this game... I hope Jeff Green is ok!
too bad he shot like crap early.
still shot better than Terry and Bradley. pretty encouraging one week away from the playoffs... ::)

no worries with doc as coach everything is ok!  ::)
LET'S GO CELTICS!

« Reply #241 on: April 12, 2013, 10:17:40 PM »

Offline CelticConcourse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 383
  • Jeff Green

Real victories mean nothing at this point, with our seeding situation.

We only need moral victories, for example Lee gaining confidence

Moral victories superior to real victories in professional sports?  Not sure about that one.

Real victories on April 12th, 2013 don't mean much... tell me one major implication this game has on our future.
Jeff Green - Top 5 SF

[Kevin Garnett]
"I've always said J. Green is going to be one of the best players to ever play this game"

« Reply #242 on: April 12, 2013, 10:23:10 PM »

Offline SCeltic34

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1956

Moral victories superior to real victories in professional sports?  Not sure about that one.

Real victories on April 12th, 2013 don't mean much... tell me one major implication this game has on our future.

They don't mean much, especially when your two best players are sitting out, but that certainly doesn't qualify your statement.  Moral victories are generic sports headlines and stories in professional sports.

« Reply #243 on: April 12, 2013, 10:25:13 PM »

Offline albas89

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 74

1) Jeff Green might be hurt.

2) Another dreadful showing by the majority of our guards both on offense and defense, while our playoff opponents are playing probably their best basketball of the season.
"Life has so many hurdles. Some of them I've hopped over, some of them I've tripped over. The key is to get back up and finish the race."- Paul Pierce

And he did finish...

« Reply #244 on: April 12, 2013, 10:26:48 PM »

Offline CelticConcourse

• Paul Silas
  • Jeff Green
I don't know... I just feel a loss to a LBJ/Wade/Bosh Heat team in Miami, while sitting KG/Pierce doesn't mean much.

We didn't even get blown out... even with their three-pointer bombardment. It's being made out to be much worse than it really is, I think...

??? :(
Jeff Green - Top 5 SF

[Kevin Garnett]
"I've always said J. Green is going to be one of the best players to ever play this game"

« Reply #245 on: April 12, 2013, 10:36:34 PM »

Offline albas89

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 74
I don't know... I just feel a loss to a LBJ/Wade/Bosh Heat team in Miami, while sitting KG/Pierce doesn't mean much.

We didn't even get blown out... even with their three-pointer bombardment. It's being made out to be much worse than it really is, I think...

We got production out of Green who just goes invisible when KG is on the floor, Crawford who's extremely streaky so one game doesn't mean much, and Bass who is indeed having a nice stretch of games...

Other than that nothing... I expected JET to show up, he didn't... same goes for AB who just looks offensively deficient. also the big guys other than Bass did literally nothing... oh, and our defense looked horrific for yet another game. the 3-point bombardment was a result of our poor perimeter defense, the Heat seemed to be toying with us after the end of the 1st!
"Life has so many hurdles. Some of them I've hopped over, some of them I've tripped over. The key is to get back up and finish the race."- Paul Pierce

And he did finish...

« Reply #246 on: April 12, 2013, 10:41:20 PM »

Offline CelticConcourse

• Paul Silas
  • Jeff Green

We got production out of Green who just goes invisible when KG is on the floor, Crawford who's extremely streaky so one game doesn't mean much, and Bass who is indeed having a nice stretch of games...

Other than that nothing... I expected JET to show up, he didn't... same goes for AB who just looks offensively deficient. also the big guys other than Bass did literally nothing... oh, and our defense looked horrific for yet another game. the 3-point bombardment was a result of our poor perimeter defense, the Heat seemed to be toying with us after the end of the 1st!

Yeah, that second quarter was dreadful. 41 points is a joke. Just get shot-clock violations every possession and you could do better. >:(

But the first quarter was decent. Green and Craw leading the way, can't wait for playoffs.
Jeff Green - Top 5 SF

[Kevin Garnett]

« Reply #247 on: April 12, 2013, 11:03:07 PM »

Offline Bahku

• CB HOF Editor
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 3632
  • Oe ma krr pamtseotu
The Boyz have nothing to be ashamed about tonight ... losing to Miami by only eight points without Pierce and KG, (with the Heat shooting tres and FG's over 50%, the C's much less), keeping LeBron to 20, out-rebounding the opponent on offensive boards, 28-to-13 free-throws, (gimme a break!), and in their house? Nicely done, Celtics ... no need to hang your heads after this one. (Gotta get our shooting numbers up, tho).
« Last Edit: April 12, 2013, 11:09:28 PM by Bahku »
2010 PAPOUG, 2012 & 2017 PAPTYG CHAMP, HD BOT

* BAHKU MUSIC *

« Reply #248 on: April 12, 2013, 11:30:24 PM »

Offline CelticConcourse

• Paul Silas
  • Jeff Green
The Boyz have nothing to be ashamed about tonight ... losing to Miami by only eight points without Pierce and KG, (with the Heat shooting tres and FG's over 50%, the C's much less), keeping LeBron to 20, out-rebounding the opponent on offensive boards, 28-to-13 free-throws, (gimme a break!), and in their house? Nicely done, Celtics ... no need to hang your heads after this one. (Gotta get our shooting numbers up, tho).

That's the attitude! TP, Bahku for always insightful commentary!
Jeff Green - Top 5 SF

[Kevin Garnett]

« Reply #249 on: April 13, 2013, 04:43:39 AM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 2785

That's the attitude! TP, Bahku for always insightful commentary!

+1

Valiant effort by our C's, without KG and Pierce.

If anything, this is a WIN for BOS--Bass, Crawford, Lee, AB...ALL of them played well without our two leaders.

This was a CONFIDENCE game, and we won that category by a longshot.

Get the team BELIEVING that they can compete with the best...WITHOUT KG and PP....the MENTAL aspect of this is HUGE...

Gotta get by NY 1st, and they will be tough, but I can't wait for BOS to see MIA in May or June. Time to settle this thing with them.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2013, 04:49:19 AM by GreenFaith1819 »

« Reply #250 on: April 13, 2013, 05:34:22 AM »

Offline j804

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 3060
  • BLOOD SWEAT & TEARS
I didn't take anything really bad from this game except that we need KG and Pierce to compete with them obviously, but couple things stood out.

1. Bradley owns Wade, plays him probably the best out of the entire league.

2. Our offense stinks, its funny to say but I'm not even worried about our defense its offensively that we have got to make shots. There's no way we have a shot against the Knicks if guys shots don't start falling because the Knicks can shoot.

3. Jeff Green is officially a Miami Heat killer it's like those guys in red jerseys get stuck in quicksand when he touches the ball
"7ft PG. Rondo leaves and GUESS WHAT? We got a BIGGER point guard!"-Tommy on Olynyk

« Reply #251 on: April 13, 2013, 07:26:20 AM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 2785

We look like we came to play. Love it.

Go Jeff :]

Missed this before - absolutely Brilliant! ;D

TP.

« Reply #252 on: April 13, 2013, 10:37:29 AM »

Offline Snakehead

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 448
Hey guys, I found the video below of Jeff's dunks last night, but are there any better ones?  With slo mo or anything?  Especially the last one where he fell, he duffed on Birdman's head.  Just get out of the way dude.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=olldpVExobg
"I really don't want people to understand me." - Jordan Crawford