Author Topic: Nets (45-32) at Celtics (40-37) 4/10  (Read 43097 times)

Re: Nets (45-32) at Celtics (40-37) 4/10
« Reply #255 on: April 10, 2013, 11:23:23 PM »

Offline kgainez

• NCE
  • Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 54
This team is garbage. I hope they blow it the eff up in the offseason. Wow this team stinks  :-X :'(

This game means nothing.

*annoyed*

this team looks nothing like the team that closed out last year, for those thinking we will turn it on in the playoffs they will be upset i am afraid.

Okay. So we're supposed to be the same team every year?

umm if doc was half as good as so many on this site claim him to be he would be implementing a points in the paint and rebounding strategy not too mention his defense sucks. it is suicide what he is trying to do.

Stop with the hyperbole.  It's thesame system that has earned us so much success in the previous years.  Defense first. 

People underestimate how much Rondo meant to this team.  You won't go far without a quarterback.  And Rondo was a great one...

i do not give a rats behind what we did before. what he is doing now is NOT WORKING!!!!!!!!!  you think points in the paint and rebounds will not = wins?

defense? our d blows for GOD's sake.

Considering that our best player (who was a very good rebounder) and our starting center is out, it's easy to see why most things we do won't work.  And you're using a very small sample size here to measure Doc's so called "horrible" system.  Against years and years of brilliant coaching, your argument won't stand.

Brilliant? The guy must have 5 or 6 championship rings.

Ever read this from a few years back? Still hold true IMO.

http://proxy.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=simmons/060112
yep
hard to lose with the team Doc had for his championship season

he won't adapt it to his new teams. he's got to

but i'm not blaming Doc fo this loss.
I mean Jeff missed some very makeable shots...4-17 won't ever cut it
not to mention virtual goose eggs by KG and JT

« Reply #256 on: April 10, 2013, 11:25:17 PM »

Offline Clench123

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 251
This team is garbage. I hope they blow it the eff up in the offseason. Wow this team stinks  :-X :'(

This game means nothing.

*annoyed*

this team looks nothing like the team that closed out last year, for those thinking we will turn it on in the playoffs they will be upset i am afraid.

umm if doc was half as good as so many on this site claim him to be he would be implementing a points in the paint and rebounding strategy not too mention his defense sucks. it is suicide what he is trying to do.

Stop with the hyperbole.  It's thesame system that has earned us so much success in the previous years.  Defense first. 

People underestimate how much Rondo meant to this team.  You won't go far without a quarterback.  And Rondo was a great one...

i do not give a rats behind what we did before. what he is doing now is NOT WORKING!!!!!!!!!  you think points in the paint and rebounds will not = wins?

Considering that our best player (who was a very good rebounder) and our starting center is out, it's easy to see why most things we do won't work.  And you're using a very small sample size here to measure Doc's so called "horrible" system.  Against years and years of brilliant coaching, your argument won't stand.

Of course you'd pull out a 7 or 8 years old article to prove Doc is a bad coach.  Unbelievable. 

Even the person who wrote the article has since changed his tone about Doc.

I always said when I left the Celtics, I could not go to heaven, because that would
 be a step down. I am pure 100 percent Celtic. I think if you slashed my wrists, my
 blood would’ve been green.  -  Bill "Greatest of All Time" Russell

« Reply #257 on: April 10, 2013, 11:32:59 PM »

Offline Kevin OConnor

• Payton Pritchard
  • Tommy Points: 24
  • @KevinOConnorNBA
Tonight's game made me want to throw up in my mouth, that is all.
www.twitter.com/KevinOConnorNBA

I like sports and music.

« Reply #258 on: April 10, 2013, 11:36:18 PM »

Offline zimbo

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 34
This team won't make it far in the playoffs if they continue to play like this.

« Reply #259 on: April 10, 2013, 11:50:48 PM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
just got back from the game.  Refs weren't great but C's lost it for the usual reasons -- defensive breakdowns and turning into a ice-cold jumpshooting team.  second quarter they were so bad if they threw a brick at the ground they'd miss

« Reply #260 on: April 11, 2013, 12:04:12 AM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047

This game means nothing.

*annoyed*

lends itself to the phrase:  those who ignore history are doomed to repeat it. 

same things seem to apply to Doc's teams every year

« Reply #261 on: April 11, 2013, 08:38:34 PM »

Offline CelticConcourse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 383
  • Jeff Green

This game means nothing.

*annoyed*

If you keep trying to fit a square peg into a round hole, it's bound to go in eventually.

We got within a quarter of the NBA Finals last year, with Doc as coach.
Jeff Green - Top 5 SF

[Kevin Garnett]
"I've always said J. Green is going to be one of the best players to ever play this game"

« Reply #262 on: April 11, 2013, 10:05:29 PM »

Offline kgainez

• NCE
  • Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 54

This game means nothing.

*annoyed*

If you keep trying to fit a square peg into a round hole, it's bound to go in eventually.

We got within a quarter of the NBA Finals last year, with Doc as coach.

and with a completely different team.