Author Topic: Work Cubicle Issue  (Read 9675 times)

Re: Work Cubicle Issue
« Reply #15 on: April 09, 2013, 05:20:41 PM »

Offline wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • Basketball is Newtonian Physics
Can you launch gum wrappers over the wall into his cube? 

If so, make a pile of them behind him while he works and see what the boss says when he see all of them. 

« Reply #16 on: April 09, 2013, 05:23:36 PM »

Offline JSD

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2155
Work harder to get into an office then profit all around.
The only color that matters is GREEN

« Reply #17 on: April 09, 2013, 05:36:02 PM »

Offline JBcat

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 512
Hey Guys,
The guy that works on the other side of my cube wall is fairly new, a month or so. I can't see him because of the cube wall but I can hear him clear as day.

He has recently started chewing gum all day with his mouth open.  I have to deal with the lip smacking for hours on end and im starting to go crazy.

I think he also listens to comedy acts on his ipod because there are also times where he is just constantly laughing to himself under his breath for hours.

What do I do?  Ask him to stop? leave it be?

Also, he has a really loose spacebar key so it makes a rediculous noise every time he uses it.  Im going nuts over here!

Maybe try to befriend him first if you plan on saying anything.   Take the newbie co-worker out to lunch a couple times.  Maybe then you could same something in a more relaxed atmosphere or in a kind of jokingly way.   Does anyone else you know well sit close by and it bothers them?  Maybe talk to them first and see what that person thinks. I've had my share of annoyances in cube life, and luckily I do most of my work from home now rather than in the office.

« Reply #18 on: April 09, 2013, 05:37:54 PM »

Offline Brendan

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 72
dont listen to these cheese eating surrender monkeys... start drinking cheap beer and eating wings every night (or double your intake) - you can gas him out in no time.

« Reply #19 on: April 09, 2013, 06:29:29 PM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
Be a man and ask him to tone it down.   If that doesn't work bring in a boss you trust to listen how gainfully employed he is as a worker.   

« Reply #20 on: April 09, 2013, 06:36:17 PM »

Offline Interceptor

• NCE
  • Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 224
Im probably just picky.  oh well.  I'll ipod it up as well.  Though I only like the one earbud policy so I can hear if somebody is standing in my cube entrance.  so i'll still hear the gum, laughing, and space bar. 
About the cube entrance thing: I used to put a small stick-on convex mirror (the automotive kind) in my field on vision on the side of my monitor, so that people didn't need to do anything special to get my attention.

« Reply #21 on: April 09, 2013, 07:06:00 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961
first job I had out of college , a miilion years ago was in cubicle .  I was miserable , like a caged lion.  Felt like a mouse in a box.

I would have rather dug ditches  than sit in there.   And I did.  It was wonderful after being in that hell hole.

I took up a trade and went into business myself .   I was sooooooooooooooooooo much happier.

« Reply #22 on: April 09, 2013, 07:24:34 PM »

Offline Rondo2287

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 816
Ive got to say, im loving some of these answers, thanks guys
CB Draft LA Lakers: Lamarcus Aldridge, Carmelo Anthony,Jrue Holiday, Wes Matthews  6.11, 7.16, 8.14, 8.15, 9.16, 11.5, 11.16

« Reply #23 on: April 10, 2013, 11:29:07 AM »

Offline Kevin OConnor

• Payton Pritchard
  • Tommy Points: 24
  • @KevinOConnorNBA
This has probably been said already but I'd just send him an anonymous note. If that doesn't do anything, just approach him and be honest with him.

You could also listen to some music as well. I understand if you'd prefer not to at work, but it would work as a way to get rid of his noise.

And if none of this works you can make his life a living hell in a number of ways, but we'll save that for later.
www.twitter.com/KevinOConnorNBA

I like sports and music.

« Reply #24 on: April 10, 2013, 11:36:01 AM »

Offline Snakehead

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 448
Corporate accounts payable Nina speaking... just a moment.

"I really don't want people to understand me." - Jordan Crawford

« Reply #25 on: April 10, 2013, 11:40:43 AM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.
Be a man and ask him to tone it down.   If that doesn't work bring in a boss you trust to listen how gainfully employed he is as a worker.

lol @ "Being a man" by asking a guy to stop laughing under his breath and chewing gum. Real men don't let guys just laugh under their breath and chew gum around them. If John Wayne caught someone laughing under their breath or chewing gum around him, he used to break their jaw as the opening parlay to discussion.

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner

« Reply #26 on: April 10, 2013, 11:42:00 AM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.

15 tommy points, because for some reason I laughed really hard after reading this.

Then, I went back to chewing my gum loudly to annoy the guy in the cubicle adjacent to me.

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner

« Reply #27 on: April 10, 2013, 11:43:53 AM »

Offline Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • What a Pub Should Be

lol @ "Being a man" by asking a guy to stop laughing under his breath and chewing gum. Real men don't let guys just laugh under their breath and chew gum around them. If John Wayne caught someone laughing under their breath or chewing gum around him, he used to break their jaw as the opening parlay to discussion.

This I agree with.

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #28 on: April 10, 2013, 12:20:30 PM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25636
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley

This I agree with.

Yeah.  Plus, the idea of a guy who spends a good amount of time on CelticsBlog every day going to his boss and complaining about somebody else's assumed lack of productivity just seems to open a can of worms that shouldn't be opened. ;)

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #29 on: April 10, 2013, 12:44:17 PM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
Don't you have a lunch hour?   I live two minutes from work so I go home to eat and I drive home where I live.  BTW, I just got an exceeds expectations on my performance eval.  So I think I am fine there.  Posting this from lunch right now.

I would try to talk it out.   Resentment creates problems.  If it's bugging you, I am sure the guy isn't doing it on purpose, you have so something or you will burn out or explode. 

I have served in armed forces, been in combat.  Be little my comments all you want but I have a better claim to manhood than most here.  I fought so you " real men" could have freedom of speech and cheap oil. Oh yeah, Bush lied about that, my bad.

Today at 12:20:30 PM

Yeah.  Plus, the idea of a guy who spends a good amount of time on CelticsBlog every day going to his boss and complaining about somebody else's assumed lack of productivity just seems to open a can of worms that shouldn't be opened

Don't you work?  Some would call this hypocripsy, hope you are not charging someone $70 bucks an hour for the time you spent posting this matter.