Author Topic: Jaromir Jagr is a Bruin.  (Read 5316 times)

Jaromir Jagr is a Bruin.
« on: April 02, 2013, 07:51:57 PM »

Offline thirstyboots18

• Chat Moderator
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 2584
Aquired today....exciting!
Yesterday is history.
Tomorrow is a mystery.
Today is a gift...
   That is why it is called the present.
Visit the CelticsBlog Live Game Chat!

Re: Jaromir Jagr is a Bruin.
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2013, 07:55:38 PM »

Online hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2700
I love Jagr, great to have him as a Bruin!

« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2013, 07:56:01 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25629
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
I was bummed after the Iginla trade fell through, but Jagr is a nice consolation prize.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2013, 08:03:27 PM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2663
  • bammokja
great trade, though i would have been a lot more pumped about this a decade ago.

what all did the B's have to give up?
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2013, 08:06:57 PM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1762
  • Everybody knows what's best for you
I was bummed after the Iginla trade fell through, but Jagr is a nice consolation prize.

I would like to think that the two are totally unrelated. If Jagr has anything left in the tank, I will be psyched. It is cool for nostalgia's sake, but I'm not quite sure it makes up for Iginla. At least we are trying to make some moves!

« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2013, 09:03:38 PM »

Offline crownontherocks

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 86
Jagr leads the bruins in goals with 14. Or does that erase going to a diffrent team?

« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2013, 09:43:15 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
Jagr leads the bruins in goals with 14. Or does that erase going to a diffrent team?
He's not the Bruins' leading goal scorer but he is the Bruin with the most goals.

B's gave up two mediocre prospects and a conditional 2nd round pick next year or a first rounder if the B's reach the Eastern Conference Finals this spring.

« Reply #7 on: April 02, 2013, 09:49:29 PM »

Offline crownontherocks

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 86
He's not the Bruins' leading goal scorer but he is the Bruin with the most goals.

B's gave up two mediocre prospects and a conditional 2nd round pick next year or a first rounder if the B's reach the Eastern Conference Finals this spring.

I didn't say he was the leading goal scoring all time of bruins.  I just said he leads the team as of now with 14 goals.

« Reply #8 on: April 02, 2013, 09:56:22 PM »

Offline jojowhite10

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 49

I didn't say he was the leading goal scoring all time of bruins.  I just said he leads the team as of now with 14 goals.

You guys are both saying the same thing. I think it will be interesting to see how Jagr meshes with the Bruins' locker room. I think if he plays as a solid winger and power play guy he can be good. He'll be my new Glen Murray.

« Reply #9 on: April 02, 2013, 10:06:22 PM »

Offline KGs Knee

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1544
Yawn

10 years ago this would have really been something great, now, it's just bleh. I'll gladly take him, but this is no consolation prize for losing out on Iginla.

Seriously, this guy has been in the league like 20 something years (he won the Cup with the Penguins in 91 and 92).

« Reply #10 on: April 02, 2013, 10:10:31 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
I'll gladly take him, but this is no consolation prize for losing out on Iginla.

Iginla has been less productive this year, and he cost more.  I'm not going to shed any tears for a guy who didn't want to be here.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #11 on: April 02, 2013, 10:18:28 PM »

Offline KGs Knee

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1544
I'll gladly take him, but this is no consolation prize for losing out on Iginla.

Iginla has been less productive this year, and he cost more.  I'm not going to shed any tears for a guy who didn't want to be here.

Personally, I wasn't upset we didn't get Iginla, but he is easily the better player.

I just find it laughable that our big mid-season acquisition was drafted in 1990.  Who do the Bruins think they are, the Celtics?

« Reply #12 on: April 02, 2013, 10:23:09 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith

Personally, I wasn't upset we didn't get Iginla, but he is easily the better player.

I just find it laughable that our big mid-season acquisition was drafted in 1990.  Who do the Bruins think they are, the Celtics?

Well, it worked with Mark Recchi. 

Also, I'm not sure that Iginla vs. Jagr is that clear cut.  Iginla is younger, but Jagr has been more productive, in terms of goals, points, power play goals, advanced metrics, etc.

http://www.stanleycupofchowder.com/2013/4/2/4174948/why-jagr-is-better-than-iginla

If Iginla is "easily better", why isn't it showing up anywhere?

« Reply #13 on: April 02, 2013, 10:47:11 PM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1762
  • Everybody knows what's best for you
Iginla is no spring chicken [drafted in 95], but he has had a pretty consistent career, who until last year's [injured] season, has always scored well above 30 goals per season.

I didn't realize Jagr was doing so well this year. Since they are both in the twilights of their respective careers, I guess we just need to be happy that we got some offensive help / veteran experience. Besides, Iginla didn't want to be here, so good riddance.