Author Topic: Aren't you just loving Jeff and Paul?  (Read 9872 times)

Re: Aren't you just loving Jeff and Paul?
« Reply #15 on: March 31, 2013, 10:51:50 PM »

Offline T-LoDaniels

• The Green Kornet
  • Tommy Points: 13
It depends on matchups. Against Indiana or Brooklyn, I think that would be a good line-up. Against the Knicks or Heat, Green should play PF to guard Lebron/Melo with Lee coming in for Bass.

« Reply #16 on: March 31, 2013, 10:52:16 PM »

Offline zimbo

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 34
Jeff...yes. Paul...no.

Are you kidding me?

Pierce has been a beast the past couple months and this past week. 

Lebron, Durant and maybe CP3 are the only guys I'd take over him since Rondo went down.

My opinion and I am not kidding. I would take those guys and a lot of other guys around the league over him right now.

« Reply #17 on: March 31, 2013, 10:53:02 PM »

Offline CelticConcourse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 383
  • Jeff Green
They're both fantastic. As has Bass, at times. Terry, at times too.

Step up, bench!
Jeff Green - Top 5 SF

[Kevin Garnett]
"I've always said J. Green is going to be one of the best players to ever play this game"

« Reply #18 on: March 31, 2013, 10:53:49 PM »

Offline kgainez

• NCE
  • Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 54
Jeff...yes. Paul...no.

I'm stunned by that comment.  Pretty much all I want to do these days is gush over the way our Captain has been playing since we lost our point guard.  As far as I'm concerned, he's been playing not just like an all star, but like a legit superstar.  He's the main reason that I have some hope for this team come playoff time.

I've been happy with Jeff Green's play, as well.

Great opinion. I just he is a shell of what he once was. The team needs to move on.

I agree to a certain extent. don't think he's as clutchy as he used to be. the last call PP iso almost always end in a face to palm moment. i think also, he knows this and that's why he's trying to contribute in different places. look at a guy like jason kidd.

but i try not to be so closeminded and I appreciate him now. Do I think the team should move on? I think they should def be thinking about it. sure

« Reply #19 on: March 31, 2013, 10:55:41 PM »

Offline BballTim

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 1123
Jeff...yes. Paul...no.

I'm stunned by that comment.  Pretty much all I want to do these days is gush over the way our Captain has been playing since we lost our point guard.  As far as I'm concerned, he's been playing not just like an all star, but like a legit superstar.  He's the main reason that I have some hope for this team come playoff time.

Great opinion. I just he is a shell of what he once was. The team needs to move on.

I agree Paul isn't the player he once was. But he's still one of the better small forwards in the game.

« Reply #20 on: March 31, 2013, 10:56:01 PM »

Offline zimbo

• Derrick White
Jeff...yes. Paul...no.

i'm no Paul Piece fangirl and at the beginning of the season I may have agreed with you.
but as of late, Paulie has me eating tons of crow (and I love it).

he's being a captain. I think sometimes, he plays a little too much hero ball...but I mean..tonight he had 15 rebounds out of what? 40 or something. he's just contributing everywhere. i really can't hate on that.

unless we're down 5 and he takes an illadvised 3 with 20 seconds left on the clock. lol

Yeah, I used to be a big Pierce fan too, but I realize his time is over. He is still talented and can do a lot of things still, but I just feel that they are empty stats. I'm ready to see Jeff start w/o Pierce. Hopefully he can come off the bench next year, if he is still here.

« Reply #21 on: March 31, 2013, 10:57:55 PM »

Offline xmuscularghandix

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 280
Since the Rondo injury:

Paul Pierce- 18.6 PPG, 7.5 REB, 6.4 AST, .463 FG%, .417 3PT%
Jeff Green-  15.9 PPG, 4.3 REB, 2.4 AST, .490 FG%, .408 3PT%

That's a pretty [dang] good dynamic duo. I have no idea how anybody could complain... especially about Truth. I'll give you that Green could be better on the boards, and over the past 10 games he has, but that's about all I'll give you.

« Reply #22 on: March 31, 2013, 10:58:25 PM »

Offline kgainez

• NCE
  • Bill Walton
Jeff...yes. Paul...no.

i'm no Paul Piece fangirl and at the beginning of the season I may have agreed with you.
but as of late, Paulie has me eating tons of crow (and I love it).

he's being a captain. I think sometimes, he plays a little too much hero ball...but I mean..tonight he had 15 rebounds out of what? 40 or something. he's just contributing everywhere. i really can't hate on that.

unless we're down 5 and he takes an illadvised 3 with 20 seconds left on the clock. lol

Yeah, I used to be a big Pierce fan too, but I realize his time is over. He is still talented and can do a lot of things still, but I just feel that they are empty stats. I'm ready to see Jeff start w/o Pierce. Hopefully he can come off the bench next year, if he is still here.

Can you explain the empty stats comment?

Like for example...against the hawks...he had 20/10/10...but I also realized everyone was almost hitting everything...you mean his assists then would be considered an empty stat?

I'm just trying to understand what you're saying.

Do you think Jeff would be as effective without a guy like PP? I think Jeff needs a playmaker and rebounder around him at all times.

« Reply #23 on: March 31, 2013, 10:59:03 PM »

Offline kgainez

• NCE
  • Bill Walton
Since the Rondo injury:

Paul Pierce- 18.6 PPG, 7.5 REB, 6.4 AST, .463 FG%, .417 3PT%
Jeff Green-  15.9 PPG, 4.3 REB, 2.4 AST, .490 FG%, .408 3PT%

That's a pretty [dang] good dynamic duo. I have no idea how anybody could complain... especially about Truth. I'll give you that Green could be better on the boards, and over the past 10 games he has, but that's about all I'll give you.

I meant more in tandem with JG starting...but I agree. dynamic indeed

« Reply #24 on: March 31, 2013, 10:59:24 PM »

Offline zimbo

• Derrick White
Jeff...yes. Paul...no.

I agree Paul isn't the player he once was. But he's still one of the better small forwards in the game.

Eh...but that is not saying much. After LeBron and Durant, there is a major drop off of in talent in the SFs of the league.

« Reply #25 on: March 31, 2013, 11:00:44 PM »

Offline tonyto3690

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 39
edit - no personal attacks
« Last Edit: April 01, 2013, 09:11:24 AM by wdleehi »

« Reply #26 on: March 31, 2013, 11:02:28 PM »

Offline The Rondo Show

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 364
  • Hook 'Em
Wilcox
Kg
Green
Pierce
Bradley

Do it up Doc
DKC Suns

« Reply #27 on: March 31, 2013, 11:02:53 PM »

Offline kgainez

• NCE
  • Bill Walton
edit

goodness gracious
he's entitled to his opinion
smh
« Last Edit: April 01, 2013, 09:13:50 AM by wdleehi »

« Reply #28 on: March 31, 2013, 11:04:09 PM »

Offline Celtics18

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1469
Jeff...yes. Paul...no.

Sure, it's my opinion, but it's an opinion that's very well supported by the play of Paul Pierce.
DKC Seventy-Sixers:

PG: G. Hill/D. Schroder
SG: C. Lee/B. Hield/T. Luwawu
SF:  Giannis/J. Lamb/M. Kuzminskas
PF:  E. Ilyasova/J. Jerebko/R. Christmas
C:    N. Vucevic/K. Olynyk/E. Davis/C. Jefferson

« Reply #29 on: March 31, 2013, 11:07:28 PM »

Offline zimbo

• Derrick White
edit

Lol, just cause I critiqued *gasp* Paul Pierce. He is the Celtic no one can talk about right? Well, of course KG too, I bet.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2013, 09:14:26 AM by wdleehi »