Author Topic: Aren't you just loving Jeff and Paul?  (Read 9869 times)

Aren't you just loving Jeff and Paul?
« on: March 31, 2013, 09:54:08 PM »

Offline kgainez

• NCE
  • Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 54
I have to say, I was scared with Paul at the SG...didn't think he could keep with faster, younger guards...but sheesh...they are a wreck for other teams.

My question, though is how does this work out when KG comes back?
JG and PP have really been shouldering much of the load and have played a lot of 2 man ball. I know that's usually KG...so do you think that if Jeff continues to start that KG becomes more of the 2nd or 3rd option? Do you see Jeff going back to the bench? Do you see Jeff regressing as a starter? What kind of role will KG play? more midrange...you get PP out on the arc, Jeff in the paint and KG taking that 17-18 footer that he loves?

I mean...wouldn't it be nice?
I'm just wondering.

Guess this is more of an 'I called it' thread for those who want to participate.

Re: Aren't you just loving Jeff and Paul?
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2013, 09:58:41 PM »

Offline dinome18

• Sam Hauser
  • Tommy Points: 7
Bradley or Bass need to hit the bench. Both are bench guys in this league, not starters!!!!!!!!!!!!1

« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2013, 10:00:29 PM »

Offline CelticConcourse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 383
  • Jeff Green
I like Green coming in as the first man off the bench.
Jeff Green - Top 5 SF

[Kevin Garnett]
"I've always said J. Green is going to be one of the best players to ever play this game"

« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2013, 10:02:23 PM »

Offline kgainez

• NCE
  • Bill Walton

YOU?
really?
I think I like Jeff guy as the last starter to the bench lol

« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2013, 10:21:06 PM »

Offline ben

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 43
I have to say, I was scared with Paul at the SG...didn't think he could keep with faster, younger guards...but sheesh...they are a wreck for other teams.

My question, though is how does this work out when KG comes back?
JG and PP have really been shouldering much of the load and have played a lot of 2 man ball. I know that's usually KG...so do you think that if Jeff continues to start that KG becomes more of the 2nd or 3rd option? Do you see Jeff going back to the bench? Do you see Jeff regressing as a starter? What kind of role will KG play? more midrange...you get PP out on the arc, Jeff in the paint and KG taking that 17-18 footer that he loves?

I mean...wouldn't it be nice?
I'm just wondering.

Guess this is more of an 'I called it' thread for those who want to participate.

I was NOT scared.  I was begging for this all season.  I told you so :)  and check my posts! 

Pierce and green combining for 40 plus points every game is Fun to watch.  Add KG to the mix, and our defense will go up that much more. 

Bradley
Pierce
Green
Wilcox/Bass
Garnett

l

« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2013, 10:23:42 PM »

Offline CelticConcourse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 383
  • Jeff Green

YOU?
really?

If we have Jeff/PP/KG all starting, there will be guaranteed scoring problems down the stretch. We need a good scorer or two off the bench; it's always been our Achilles heel.
Jeff Green - Top 5 SF

[Kevin Garnett]
"I've always said J. Green is going to be one of the best players to ever play this game"

« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2013, 10:25:30 PM »

Offline zimbo

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 34
Jeff...yes. Paul...no.

« Reply #7 on: March 31, 2013, 10:32:41 PM »

Offline ben

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 43

YOU?
really?

If we have Jeff/PP/KG all starting, there will be guaranteed scoring problems down the stretch. We need a good scorer or two off the bench; it's always been our Achilles heel.

No.  Lee Terry and randolph (williams/crawford too)  These guys can score off bench. 

In 2008 when we had Pierce KG and Allen, did we move one to the bench for scoring?  NO! 

Play your best players! 

I can't stand people changing things for the bench.  Do you realize that playoff rotations consist of 8 players.  Just 8.  the "bench" only accounts for 18 min max for a game.  It is different beast.  Starters play 30 and it is important for them to be the best.  Hence green starts. 

« Reply #8 on: March 31, 2013, 10:33:52 PM »

Offline tonyto3690

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 39
Jeff should continue to come off the bench.

Bradley-Lee-Pierce-Bass-KG was fantastic defensively.

Having the flexibility with Jeff to either go big or small depending on how Lee/Pierce/Bass are doing/foul trouble, will be huge.  Also having him come in and having a guy fresh to run the offense through will be a big boost. 

Hopefully now he has realized he can score on anyone, anywhere and his confidence will stay where it is.

« Reply #9 on: March 31, 2013, 10:44:49 PM »

Offline Celtics18

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1469
Jeff...yes. Paul...no.

I'm stunned by that comment.  Pretty much all I want to do these days is gush over the way our Captain has been playing since we lost our point guard.  As far as I'm concerned, he's been playing not just like an all star, but like a legit superstar.  He's the main reason that I have some hope for this team come playoff time.

I've been happy with Jeff Green's play, as well.
DKC Seventy-Sixers:

PG: G. Hill/D. Schroder
SG: C. Lee/B. Hield/T. Luwawu
SF:  Giannis/J. Lamb/M. Kuzminskas
PF:  E. Ilyasova/J. Jerebko/R. Christmas
C:    N. Vucevic/K. Olynyk/E. Davis/C. Jefferson

« Reply #10 on: March 31, 2013, 10:46:43 PM »

Offline CelticsFan9

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 116
  • Everyone's excited for the new era.
Jeff...yes. Paul...no.

I'm stunned by that comment.  Pretty much all I want to do these days is gush over the way our Captain has been playing since we lost our point guard.  As far as I'm concerned, he's been playing not just like an all star, but like a legit superstar.  He's the main reason that I have some hope for this team come playoff time.

When you think about it, Pierce is pulling a 2012 KG.  Hop in that time machine, Paul!

« Reply #11 on: March 31, 2013, 10:47:19 PM »

Offline tonyto3690

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 39
Jeff...yes. Paul...no.

Are you kidding me?

Pierce has been a beast the past couple months and this past week. 

Lebron, Durant and maybe CP3 are the only guys I'd take over him since Rondo went down.

« Reply #12 on: March 31, 2013, 10:48:34 PM »

Offline kgainez

• NCE
  • Bill Walton

YOU?
really?

i disagree. i think one of the biggest issues with JET and his 'slump' is cuz he's trying to create for other players. not necessarily looking for his shot as aggressively as he should be. not option #1 in the bench.

i think jet looks at the bench like a starter kind of. he needs to be that guy. right now he's not, and that's half his fault. but i think it could happen. 15 pts from jet a night is not a lot to ask, esp if he's guy #1. then you have #2 being a combo of crawford and/or lee.

and then of course, that means you're puttin Bass on the bench. Shav can contribute with putbacks. I also think T-Will should shoot more but Doc doesnt see it that way.

« Reply #13 on: March 31, 2013, 10:50:21 PM »

Offline kgainez

• NCE
  • Bill Walton
Jeff...yes. Paul...no.

i'm no Paul Piece fangirl and at the beginning of the season I may have agreed with you.
but as of late, Paulie has me eating tons of crow (and I love it).

he's being a captain. I think sometimes, he plays a little too much hero ball...but I mean..tonight he had 15 rebounds out of what? 40 or something. he's just contributing everywhere. i really can't hate on that.

unless we're down 5 and he takes an illadvised 3 with 20 seconds left on the clock. lol

« Reply #14 on: March 31, 2013, 10:50:41 PM »

Offline zimbo

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 34
Jeff...yes. Paul...no.

Great opinion. I just he is a shell of what he once was. The team needs to move on.