Author Topic: Randolph 9 pts /13 rebounds /2 blocks in 22 min vs hawks  (Read 4671 times)

Re: Randolph 9 pts /13 rebounds /2 blocks in 22 min vs hawks
« Reply #15 on: March 30, 2013, 04:33:15 AM »

Offline celticsleyte

• Gerald Wallace
  • Tommy Points: 9
So Jet is in a no-win situation when he lights it up it does not matter because that is what is expected, but when he does not light it up he gets blamed.

I think he was the most effecient shooter today if he shot 70% from the field, and that should be commended despite the big night from Shav and Paul Pierce.
I am glad he did it against Atlanta.  Maybe he retires a Hawk?  C's have almost no financial flexibility with all of these deals on the books.

« Reply #16 on: March 30, 2013, 04:45:26 AM »

Offline jdz101

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 309
He felt right at home against the D-league opposition Atlanta served up tonight.

how much wood would a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck was chris bosh?

« Reply #17 on: March 30, 2013, 06:50:33 AM »

Offline cman88

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 196
So Jet is in a no-win situation when he lights it up it does not matter because that is what is expected, but when he does not light it up he gets blamed.

I think he was the most effecient shooter today if he shot 70% from the field, and that should be commended despite the big night from Shav and Paul Pierce.

and everyones forgetting the big night from Jeff Green...27points :P

« Reply #18 on: March 30, 2013, 07:13:40 AM »

Offline clover

• Front Page Moderator
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 231

JET had a very good game, but Shav is news: we're just seeing what he can do for the team and in the position the C's are thinnest in.

« Reply #19 on: March 30, 2013, 08:09:33 AM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• NCE
  • Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 506
Randolph played hustle ball and inspired ball in the paint.   The C''s. are sorely lacking in this area, and his presence made a huge impact.   He flat out played Wilcox and provided the energy and smart moves in the paint the C's need without KG.

Randolph played a heck of a defensive game, with blocks and effort, diving on the floor for loose ball.   

His play had the bench up and cheering a lot.

Next, to Randolph,  Jeff Green was was big and he makes scoring look easy.

T Will and Crawford were a handful and wore on the Hawks

Frankly I was amazed Doc let Randolph have all those minutes.

Now to see if he gives Randolph another chance. ?

this was a happy team

« Reply #20 on: March 30, 2013, 09:36:13 AM »

Offline Meadowlark_Scal

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 619
  • You say when......
myself , the Chief, and a few others deserve many TP's as you know We said all along the Shav was going to do exactly this....too bad as usual it took a kg injury to bring it about.....shav should have been in to give kg a break from his lengthy playing. I for one knew all along the clock was ticking. KG wore out every year in January. It takes being his age already and playing long years to understand how it adds up against ya...maybe....that could be whiy I knew it was coming.when you are under 33, you don't know how injuries addd up over a year.because you still have healing power, and players just past that age do not realize it yet...and don't want to realize it......! That is sorta why you hire a coach....like we have  ::)

« Reply #21 on: March 30, 2013, 09:38:35 AM »

Offline Meadowlark_Scal

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 619
  • You say when......
True, more than just rebound hustle, Shav showed skills in the paint, knowledge when to go up strong, when to pass out to reset, when to fake it and take it....that is not as easy as it looks....!

« Reply #22 on: March 30, 2013, 09:58:29 AM »

Offline clover

• Front Page Moderator
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 231
What I find interesting is the question as to whether Shav could be a quality starting PF in the NBA.  His rebounding rate should make him elite, and his recent numbers in China, including a 35% average from the 3, suggests he may have really developed his offense from his early, injury-ridden years in the NBA.  He's by all counts a good teammate and seems to have picked up the C's system, at least to some degree, quickly.  Doc keeps praising his willingness to 'mix it up' and with an admittedly short sample off the bench, he's got the best defensive rating on the team. 

At age 29, he should just be entering his peak and I wonder what his peak might be.

No, I don't expect him to defend the quicker 4's, like LeBron, but the C's have Green for that.  I do wonder how he might hold his own in a competition with Sully next year, however--though playing him at the center could somewhat avoid that.

« Reply #23 on: March 30, 2013, 10:34:33 AM »

Offline JBcat

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 65
Well it seems like he has already surpassed Mikki Moore and Ryan Hollins play when they were here.  :P

« Reply #24 on: March 30, 2013, 10:35:18 AM »

Offline coco

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 67
Kudos to Doc for recognizing and playing him.

Don't want to hear about developing offensive game.  He is here to Rebound.  Bass developed his offense and now he is nowhere to be seen in the offensive boards. 

Keep doing wha you are doing boy.....

« Reply #25 on: March 30, 2013, 10:48:26 AM »

Offline thirstyboots18

• Chat Moderator
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 2187
This is what I have been waiting for.  Guarding the rim.  Rebounding.  Going straight up for the putback. Knows where and when to pass.  Hustles at both ends of the floor.

The only thing left, and we will see soon enough, is consistency.  For today, I am happy.   Good job, Shav.  Go Celts.
Yesterday is history.
Tomorrow is a mystery.
Today is a gift...
   That is why it is called the present.
Visit the CelticsBlog Live Game Chat!

« Reply #26 on: March 30, 2013, 10:59:28 AM »

Offline Nerf DPOY

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 115
To me he seems similar to Collins in that I can live with him out there backing up KG for 10 minutes a game. The guy can obviously rebound, score in the paint and pass out of a double team, sort of the anti-Bass in that respect.

I think Randolph, Collins, and even Wilcox serve as examples as to why Ainge probably isn't inclined to draft "serviceable bigs" with even late first round picks.It makes more sense to take a risk on the highest upside player when you can get a vet on a rookie salary, who can already play NBA defense.

« Reply #27 on: March 30, 2013, 11:17:46 AM »

Offline connor

• Jeff Green
  • Tommy Points: 37
I loved what I saw last night, but before everyone goes and calls for Shav to start seeing serious minutes remember he wasn't out there banging with Horford or even Pachulia. The Hawks only guy above 6'8 out there was Johan Petro who only sees 10 mins a game himself because he is a work in progress. I don't mean to take anything away from the kids game, just trying to put it in perspective.

That being said I loved the rebounding and energy, I haven't seen a guy in green work the offensive boards like that in years. I understand why Doc prefers to get back on D, but its so much more enjoyable to watch players fight for the second chance points and it makes a difference.

I really was looking forward to seeing this kid play ever since we signed him. I didn't (and still don't) hope for too much out of him but I'm excited about his size and the fact that he played so consistently well in China (even though it was just China).

I hope Doc gives him some quality minutes against better competition before KG comes back to see if he can contribute anything like this in a more meaningful game on a consistent basis if given 5-10 mins off the bench.

« Reply #28 on: March 30, 2013, 11:40:18 AM »

Offline Lightskinsmurf

• NCE
  • Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 134

I like how he started off 0-4 but that didn't stop him from being aggressive.

« Reply #29 on: March 30, 2013, 12:04:35 PM »

Offline thirstyboots18

• Chat Moderator
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 2187

I like how he started off 0-4 but that didn't stop him from being aggressive.
Don't forget Paul Pierce's trip/dub.   I think the reason Shav is getting so much ink is because, last night at least, he supplied something the Celtics haven't seen for a while.  Good post presence and rebounding.  It was refreshing.
Yesterday is history.
Tomorrow is a mystery.
Today is a gift...
   That is why it is called the present.
Visit the CelticsBlog Live Game Chat!

Hello! Guest

Welcome to the CelticsBlog Forums.

Welcome to CelticsBlog