Author Topic: K. Martin 10pts/9rebs/2blks S. Randolph DNP  (Read 2219 times)

K. Martin 10pts/9rebs/2blks S. Randolph DNP
« on: April 20, 2013, 06:00:10 PM »

Offline ctrey

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 110
Nice move Danny. Thanks. Oh, and thank you for paying Jason Terry 5 million to play slightly better than his brother Curtis.

Re: K. Martin 10pts/9rebs/2blks S. Randolph DNP
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2013, 06:04:16 PM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2421
I would have loved having Kenyon Martin here so much. Still a really good role player.

« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2013, 06:07:16 PM »

Online coco

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 146
I was thinking te same thing. 

Should have won the game all things being equal, but the Knicks had KMarting and JKidd as opposed to JTerry, and Randolph.

...not a shinning moment for DA if you ask me.

Never understood why we passed on KMart after Sully went down, and knowing Wilcox was in the dog-house.

« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2013, 06:08:01 PM »

Offline syfy9

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 291
  • We may as well put Tyrion in at center.
You know what else was a nice move? Signing Jeff Green and making sure he was a Celtic. Getting Pierce and KG to resign a couple of years ago. Drafting Bradley (His cuts today were beautiful - he went a stretch where he scored 3 times in a row, all from cutting) too. Getting Bass too - imagine Big Baby trying to play the gritty lock down D he played against Melo?

Ainge has not pressed all of the right buttons, but he hasn't been given that many buttons to press.
I like Marcus Smart

« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2013, 06:12:42 PM »

Offline bopna

• NGT
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 136
You know what else was a nice move? Signing Jeff Green and making sure he was a Celtic. Getting Pierce and KG to resign a couple of years ago. Drafting Bradley (His cuts today were beautiful - he went a stretch where he scored 3 times in a row, all from cutting) too. Getting Bass too - imagine Big Baby trying to play the gritty lock down D he played against Melo?

Ainge has not pressed all of the right buttons, but he hasn't been given that many buttons to press.

Well, the main issue was the moves Danny had the perfect opportunity to make which he did not... I too was dumbfounded by that decision not to sign KMARt...he is definitely a serviceable big with tested experience... My guess is PP and KG did not want him so we took a pass, and now we are suffering for it.

« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2013, 06:16:09 PM »

Offline TA9

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 118
  • I Bleed Green
And we could have had him and the birdman for the vet min each. Danny Ainge; NBA General Manager of the year 12-13.
Seriously Danny is so bad at signing Free Agents! Every single time the MLE is available, he uses it on a player aged 35 that is way past his prime..
Jack of all trades, master of none.

« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2013, 06:28:06 PM »

Offline Tradetime

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 115

Well, the main issue was the moves Danny had the perfect opportunity to make which he did not... I too was dumbfounded by that decision not to sign KMARt...he is definitely a serviceable big with tested experience... My guess is PP and KG did not want him so we took a pass, and now we are suffering for it.

This is what I'm thinking as well. Why else would we pass up on a guy that has had playoff experience and made an impact with the Nets and Nuggets all of those years? It just doesn't make any sense to pass him up for Shavlik Randolph and DJ White, both marginal NBA players.

« Reply #7 on: April 20, 2013, 06:33:10 PM »

Offline LooseCannon

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 950
There were legitimate fears that K-Mart would be as much of a pain to handle as Stephen Jackson (who was so bad that San Antonio waived him just before the playoffs).
"The worst thing that ever happened in sports was sports radio, and the internet is sports radio on steroids with lower IQs.” -- Brian Burke, former Toronto Maple Leafs senior adviser, at the 2013 MIT Sloan Sports Analytics Conference

« Reply #8 on: April 20, 2013, 06:46:44 PM »

Offline LEHGOCELTICS

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 18
There were legitimate fears that K-Mart would be as much of a pain to handle as Stephen Jackson (who was so bad that San Antonio waived him just before the playoffs).

Well when you're depleted in the frontcourt as we are, you take those risks. Same thing with birdman, same thing with Blatche. All prospering in their new roles. SMH... This notion of players being "cancer" is so overrated.

all in for r rondo all in for r rondo all in for r rondo all in for r rondo all in for r rondo

« Reply #9 on: April 20, 2013, 06:51:18 PM »

Offline kgainez

• NCE
  • Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 54
almost thought this was a krook thread LOL

« Reply #10 on: April 20, 2013, 06:57:31 PM »

Offline clover

• Front Page Moderator
  • Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 315
I was thinking te same thing. 

Should have won the game all things being equal, but the Knicks had KMarting and JKidd as opposed to JTerry, and Randolph.

...not a shinning moment for DA if you ask me.

Never understood why we passed on KMart after Sully went down, and knowing Wilcox was in the dog-house.

Can't blame Shav for this game!

« Reply #11 on: April 20, 2013, 07:07:15 PM »

Offline Kevin OConnor

• Payton Pritchard
  • Tommy Points: 24
  • @KevinOConnorNBA
Terry is Terryble.
www.twitter.com/KevinOConnorNBA

I like sports and music.

« Reply #12 on: April 20, 2013, 07:12:14 PM »

Offline Meadowlark_Scal

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 670
  • You say when......
I'd say you have to give KG and pp easy defense assignments....so Randolph should be in on a kmart or chandler with kg....kg and pp need to use their energy wisely as they score, and control the D...why do you think kg stays outside a lot more now...preserving himself....he knows the pain.....