Poll

Which player do you choose?

Andrew Wiggins
53 (69.7%)
Jabrari Parker
23 (30.3%)

Total Members Voted: 74

Author Topic: Who do you pick...Andrew Wiggins or Jabrari Parker?  (Read 33853 times)

Re: Who do you pick...Andrew Wiggins or Jabrari Parker?
« Reply #60 on: July 18, 2013, 11:07:21 AM »

Offline Adelaide Celt

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 206
Dante Exum.

He'd may be available around picks 7-10

Hell yes! I love this guy. Danny needs to get him.

NO AMOUNT OF PSYCHOLOGICAL MANIPULATION, HORMONAL OR SURGICAL MUTILATION WILL EVER CHANGE A PERSON'S GENDER

« Reply #61 on: July 18, 2013, 11:19:51 AM »

Offline jaketwice

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 102
Personality shouldnt matter. Are you telling me you would take Paul Pierce over Kobe or LBJ because you like watching pierce play (Im a huge pierce fan dont get me wrong)

Wiggins is just soooooo athletic. and ridiculously good. one thing that is underrated about him that parker picked up on is his burst speed, where he can blow past his defender in a couple of steps

Sorry - the same Kobe Bryant who was accused of rape? Uh, yeah, I would take Pierce 1000 times out of 1000 over him.

I want to like the team I root for. ...winning a championship doesn't help my life personally. Rooting for a team is about enjoying the games. I'd rather root for a player whose personality I think is enjoyable.

Personally, I find LeBron very likeable. Dwayne Wade, on the other hand, I can't stand (the crotch kick, breaking Rondo's arm) and I would rather have Keith Bogans than Dwayne Wade.

« Reply #62 on: July 18, 2013, 11:49:08 AM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
I have never seen them play a full competitive game(All-Star games don't count). My guess is most here haven't. I refuse to make a determination on these children until I have at least seen them play some in college.

I did make a very early determination on Nerlens Noel but I had seen him play since he was in middle school.
TP Nick for the voice of reason

« Reply #63 on: July 23, 2013, 12:05:02 PM »

Offline peachbucket

• Svi Mykhailiuk
  • Tommy Points: 1
I would go with Parker for sure. 

First of all he has the killer instinct and a super high basketball iq which is still a question mark in many scouts minds regarding Wiggins.  Wiggins of the chart athleticism is sexy but Parker is more than athletic enough for either the 3 or 4.

Most importantly however, I think that Parker poses a much smaller significant injury risk than Wiggins.  Uber athletic gazelles like Wiggins almost always sustain a major career altering injury (Penny Hardaway, TMac, Grant Hill, D Rose...the list goes on and on).  Solidly put together players that don't have as much of the fast twitch muscle seem to have fewer of major lower body injuries and age much more gracefully.  Two great examples are Pierce and Melo who'm Parker gets most often compared to.

« Reply #64 on: August 20, 2013, 08:05:32 PM »

Offline Celtics18

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1469
I have never seen them play a full competitive game(All-Star games don't count). My guess is most here haven't. I refuse to make a determination on these children until I have at least seen them play some in college.

I did make a very early determination on Nerlens Noel but I had seen him play since he was in middle school.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MtrJ3kWJVz0

I've watched this game a couple of times.  To be honest, I came away much less impressed with both Wiggins and Parker after watching that game than I had expected, given all the hype.

I did fall in love with Dennis Schroeder, though.  Dante Exum is pretty cool, as well.   
DKC Seventy-Sixers:

PG: G. Hill/D. Schroder
SG: C. Lee/B. Hield/T. Luwawu
SF:  Giannis/J. Lamb/M. Kuzminskas
PF:  E. Ilyasova/J. Jerebko/R. Christmas
C:    N. Vucevic/K. Olynyk/E. Davis/C. Jefferson

« Reply #65 on: August 20, 2013, 09:28:29 PM »

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 1239

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MtrJ3kWJVz0

I've watched this game a couple of times.  To be honest, I came away much less impressed with both Wiggins and Parker after watching that game than I had expected, given all the hype.

I did fall in love with Dennis Schroeder, though.  Dante Exum is pretty cool, as well.

Reading through this thread, was all ready to post that exact  Hoop Summit vid. Nicely done.

Of course, reading too much into one game is dangerous.
At least a goldfish with a Lincoln Log on its back goin' across your floor to your sock drawer has a miraculous connotation to it.

« Reply #66 on: November 09, 2013, 09:17:58 AM »

Offline Onslaught

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 156
Didn't thee two kids just play their first college games last night? How in the world do all you people "know" so much about them? Youtube highlight videos? I could make one of myself that made me look good.

Let's hold off on saying who's better.
Peace through Tyranny

« Reply #67 on: November 09, 2013, 09:36:35 AM »

Offline KGs Knee

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1544
Parker has the more polished game, Wiggins has the athleticism. 

Wiggins may have more upside as a result, but Parker is probably a more sure thing (less relative bust potential).

If we do get the chance, I'd prefer Parker.  I'm also biased.  Huge Duke fan.

« Reply #68 on: November 09, 2013, 09:47:19 AM »

Online scaryjerry

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 175
From what I've seen? Parker easily

Wiggins will be an nba bust considering his expectations

« Reply #69 on: November 09, 2013, 09:49:14 AM »

Offline BballTim

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 1123

We should pass on all of the run-of-the-mill HOFers available in the draft and pick the one that's going to be better than LeBron.

« Reply #70 on: November 09, 2013, 10:09:51 AM »

Offline fandrew

• Kristaps Porzingis
  • Tommy Points: 25
This entire draft is insanely loaded, and the top five--maybe even the top ten--are probably going to be ridiculous this year.

I would love either one of Parker or Wiggins, but I think if I had to choose one based on our roster right now, it would be Wiggins because he could be a SG in the NBA at his size.

I would love to have his as the first option, next to Rondo, with Green in a more comfortable second option role. AB coming off the bench.. Sully, KO, and Fav as main rotation bigs all with a full year dedicated to their development. I see that as a team a year or two away from contending.

But I am a super optimist that sees our team as really just Rondo and a superstar talent, and some player development away from contention.
"It's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care." - Peter Gibbons

« Reply #71 on: November 09, 2013, 10:22:02 AM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
Based on last night....Julius Randle. Dude played like a MAN.

« Reply #72 on: November 09, 2013, 10:39:09 AM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961
Based on last night....Julius Randle. Dude played like a MAN.

Yup. +1.    ;D

« Reply #73 on: November 09, 2013, 11:08:17 AM »

Offline celticmania

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 39
I'm pretty sure we're going to end up with a top 5 pick...id be very happy with Wiggins,  Randle, Exum, Parker, and Embiid(in that order). All have superstar potential. Guys like Smart, Andrew Harrison, Aaron Gordon, and Wayne Selden have potential to be all-stars. Id say there's about 10-12 kids in the draft that have potential to be all-stars. Wiggins definitely has the most potential.

« Reply #74 on: November 09, 2013, 11:43:20 AM »

Offline Snakehead

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 448
I've liked what I've seen of all three.  Parker looks very polished offensively though.  And Randle looks like Josh Smith but maybe without the boneheadedness (always what has held Smith back).

I'd put Randle and Parker above Wiggins at the moment but all three looked good.
"I really don't want people to understand me." - Jordan Crawford