Poll

Which player do you choose?

Andrew Wiggins
53 (69.7%)
Jabrari Parker
23 (30.3%)

Total Members Voted: 74

Author Topic: Who do you pick...Andrew Wiggins or Jabrari Parker?  (Read 33969 times)

Who do you pick...Andrew Wiggins or Jabrari Parker?
« on: March 28, 2013, 06:51:48 AM »

Offline chambers

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 943
  • Boston Celtics= Championships, nothing less.
Imagine they're all in the same draft. It's your pick and you need a franchise player.
Who do you pick?

I'm going with Parker. Wiggins is more Vince Carter to me, less shooting form, more insane athleticism and speed.
Parker is very Paul Pierce to me, not the fastest but crafty, smooth and creative, with excellent overall footwork and agility.
Both freaks among other freaks in the 2014 draft...

Recent mixtapes of both athletes...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=m6bui8zA5do

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GLsK-ZoL9sY&feature=youtu.be
"We are lucky we have a very patient GM that isn't willing to settle for being good and coming close. He wants to win a championship and we have the potential to get there still with our roster and assets."

quoting 'Greg B' on RealGM after 2017 trade deadline.
Read that last line again. One more time.

Re: Who do you pick...Andrew Wiggins or Jabrari Parker?
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2013, 07:44:00 AM »

Offline aporel#18

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 170
Well, unless we are terrible AND get lucky with ping pong balls (not happening) we won't get either kid. Both look fantastic, but we got to watch them against quality competition.

Wiggins looks flashy (mixtapes are made to look flashy), but the scary thing is he was the best player on the floor in last year's Nike Hoop Summit, being a year younger than everyone else. Of course Saric and Wang Zhelin helped him a lot, but he was fantastic on D, and scored with ease.

This year's Hoop Summit will be great to watch, with Parker and all those prospects (Randle, Young, the Harrisons...) Team USA will be scary. And we'll see if Wiggins can dominate again with lesser teammates (although Karasev and Hezonja are talented).

My vote is for Wiggins, but I'm hoping for them to enter the League and bring some fresh air, and most of all, make LeBron look even older  ;)

« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2013, 08:02:40 AM »

Offline CelticConcourse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 383
  • Jeff Green
Guaranteed Wiggins. That kid is a star
Jeff Green - Top 5 SF

[Kevin Garnett]
"I've always said J. Green is going to be one of the best players to ever play this game"

« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2013, 08:38:20 AM »

Offline jayhovaone

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 22
Wiggins is kobe/pippen with scarier athleticism.  PArker is more like carmelo anthony.  Even Julius Randle is gonna be a beast.  Actually if these kids in next years draft are one and done the 2014 draft could actually be about 25 players deep with stars and superstar potential players.  Its gonna be the best draft since the lebron draft in my opinion.

« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2013, 08:38:21 AM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2402
Wiggins

« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2013, 08:55:30 AM »

Offline jayhovaone

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 22
choice is WIGGINS BTW!!

« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2013, 10:40:29 AM »

Offline Yoki_IsTheName

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1304
  • I'm a Paul Heyman guy.
I'd go Jabari Parker.

His body is NBA ready and he looks more polished. Notaking anything away from Andrew Wiggins.

This is a RGIII over Andrew Luck debate I think. Wiggins potentially is a better player, but Parker is a safer way less downside pick.
2019 CStrong Historical Draft 2000s OKC Thunder.
PG: Jrue Holiday / Isaiah Thomas / Larry Hughes
SG: Paul George / Aaron McKie / Bradley Beal
SF: Paul Pierce / Tayshaun Prince / Brian Scalabrine
PF: LaMarcus Aldridge / Shareef Abdur-Raheem / Ben Simmons
C: Jermaine O'neal / Ben Wallace

« Reply #7 on: March 28, 2013, 10:55:57 AM »

Offline ManUp

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 285
  • Rondo doesn't believe in easy buckets...
I can't see how you don't go with Wiggins.

« Reply #8 on: March 28, 2013, 11:31:05 AM »

Offline Bosstown

• NCE
  • Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 32
I like Wiggins a LOT better but knowing Danny he will go with Jabari who is Mormon.  ::)

I'm a African American myself, but I don't understand how Jabari is Mormon, given how racist that church has been in the past.

« Reply #9 on: March 28, 2013, 07:53:39 PM »

Offline chambers

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 943
  • Boston Celtics= Championships, nothing less.

Because his overall game is stronger.
He can lose weight and improve.
To me, Wiggins can't shoot well enough and his form is too hard to change to make him a great shooter. Parker can shoot from anywhere and also get to the rim and finish at the rim.

To me, Parker is like Pierce or Carmelo (more Pierce).
Wiggins is like McGrady or Carter.
Just personal preference.
"We are lucky we have a very patient GM that isn't willing to settle for being good and coming close. He wants to win a championship and we have the potential to get there still with our roster and assets."

quoting 'Greg B' on RealGM after 2017 trade deadline.
Read that last line again. One more time.

« Reply #10 on: March 28, 2013, 08:36:41 PM »

Offline Smutzy#9

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 42

Because his overall game is stronger.
He can lose weight and improve.
To me, Wiggins can't shoot well enough and his form is too hard to change to make him a great shooter. Parker can shoot from anywhere and also get to the rim and finish at the rim.

To me, Parker is like Pierce or Carmelo (more Pierce).
Wiggins is like McGrady or Carter.
Just personal preference.

McGrady minus injuries......... scary Edited.  Profanity and masked profanity are against forum rules and may result in discipline.

« Reply #11 on: March 28, 2013, 10:11:45 PM »

Offline Galeto

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 71
I'd definitely go with Wiggins.  It looks like he's grown and now stands a 6'8 or taller with the standard issue long arms.  The guy is so explosive and smooth off the dribble with excellent body control.  He is excellent at going coast to coast, an incredible valuable skill to have.  He's not a selfish guy either.  He's very willing to drop it off or kick it out to an open teammate.

Some of his complete games can be viewed on this blog, http://www.thebasketballdiary.com/.  Just search Huntington Prep.

Parker can score at all three levels but I'm not sure about his first step or lateral quickness.  The thing about Pierce is that while his vertical leap was average or slightly above average, he had a great first step and excellent lateral quickness.  His athleticism played above how his body looked.  Pierce didn't have a problem with guarding his position, creating space or getting to the rim and the line.  I'm not sure Parker is going to be able to create space and get into the lane at will like Wiggins can and it just doesn't seem likely that Parker will be a plus defender like Wiggins is capable of being.  Having seen Parker play since he was a sophomore, I think his athleticism has declined every year.

« Reply #12 on: April 04, 2013, 03:46:24 PM »

Offline lightspeed5

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 283
at the mcdonalds all american game yesterday, these guys were defending each other the whole game. This may be the net great superstar rivalry in the NBA.

« Reply #13 on: April 04, 2013, 06:19:58 PM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1254
Wiggins looks slightly more athletic than Gerald Green. That's pretty amazing

« Reply #14 on: April 04, 2013, 07:53:12 PM »

Offline ianboyextreme

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 81
He could be a great kid but Wiggins just seems like another of these super athletic dudes with not a whole lot of old school game. Te type who ESPN salivates over.

Ill take the skilled throwback in Parker. He also has a lot of size as he is almost 6'10".

Regardless, I prefer the sleeper kids like Sully and Avery.