Author Topic: Knicks (42-26) at Celtics (36-33) 3/26  (Read 56340 times)

Re: Knicks (42-26) at Celtics (36-33) 3/26
« Reply #345 on: March 26, 2013, 09:45:48 PM »

Offline lightspeed5

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 283
was avery exposed?

« Reply #346 on: March 26, 2013, 09:45:55 PM »

Offline timobusa

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 284
  • Bleed Green, Die Green
Shaq's dunk was totally better than LeBron's.

Shav's so dominant you thought he was Shaq!

Yeah, I mean they are practically twins.   ;D

Haha, is it just me or does Shavs shorts looks like its gonna drop down any moment?
Get that tied tight.

« Reply #347 on: March 26, 2013, 09:46:49 PM »

Offline timobusa

• Ray Allen
  • Bleed Green, Die Green
was avery exposed?

yeah, he can only defend guards that are 34 and younger.

« Reply #348 on: March 26, 2013, 09:47:42 PM »

Offline Chief

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2450
1. Why am i still watching?

2. Does Doc really think this team can comeback?

3. Do you think the Celtics will get eliminated in the 1st round?

1 You like to complain Post the truth
2 No
3 Yes in 7 4

Fixed it.

TP!!!!!!!!!!!!    8)

Already gave you 1. :)
Once you are labeled 'the best' you want to stay up there, and you can't do it by loafing around.

Larry Bird

« Reply #349 on: March 26, 2013, 09:50:51 PM »

Offline Galeto

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 71
One would think after losing game 7 in 2010 because they got pounded on the boards that Ainge and Doc would try to upgrade the rebounding capability of this team.  Instead, they might be even worse on the boards.  It's not the system.  This team is rebounding just like they're capable of, which is doubly frustrating.  Nice planning!

« Reply #350 on: March 26, 2013, 09:50:56 PM »

Offline CelticsFan9

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 116
  • Everyone's excited for the new era.

Haha, is it just me or does Shavs shorts looks like its gonna drop down any moment?
Get that tied tight.

You've got it all wrong, that's considered 'hip' in China.  Shav's bringin' that swag to the US!

My boy is trend-settin'!

« Reply #351 on: March 26, 2013, 09:52:23 PM »

Offline ImShakHeIsShaq

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 804
Say what you want in defense of Doc but what exactly does Shav have to do to see playing time?????? WHAT????????

5 mins his line: 2pts, 4rbs, and a steal.

I can't with Doc anymore, I'm full!
It takes me 3hrs to get to Miami and 1hr to get to Orlando... but I *SPIT* on their NBA teams! "Bless God and bless the (Celts)"-Lady GaGa (she said gays but she really meant Celts)

« Reply #352 on: March 26, 2013, 09:53:02 PM »

Offline timobusa

• Ray Allen
  • Bleed Green, Die Green

Get that tied tight.

You've got it all wrong, that's considered 'hip' in China.  Shav's bringin' that swag to the US!

My boy is trend-settin'!

Hahaha! He has so much swag its saggin down his shorts!

« Reply #353 on: March 26, 2013, 09:53:28 PM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2401
Fringe NBA players aren't our salvation. The sad truth is that Bass is a better player than both of them.

Sure doesn't look like it.
But its true. Bass is a nba rotation level player, Randolph/White couldn't even get a minimum contract at the start of the season.

The way Bass has been playing, he would not get a minimum contract either if he was a free agent. 

This isn't true. Bass is shooting around the same percentage as last year, rebounding the same, and overall playing a similar level of defense.

He's not shooting as much though, and that's a problem he has to provide scoring with his skillset.

There is no way to win against your argument.  Since Bass got a chance in the NBA and a contract, therefore he is automatically better. 

Do I think Randolph and White are saviors?  Of course not.  But are you really against even giving those two guys a chance when Bass is playing a scrub level?  They have nothing to lose except by more points.
There is no way to "win" against your argument either, as White/Randolph aren't going to suddenly be given 27 MPG to "prove" they're worse than Bass.

Backup big men are the backup QBs of Celticsblog. Even when they quit on the team.

Are you seriously saying Bass is a rotation quality player right now?  Are we arguing about that?  There's a very good chance that Randolph and White are worse or the same but even if the chance that they're better FOR WHAT THIS TEAM needs, aka rebounding, is tiny, why not at least give them a chance.  They're on the roster, they're signed for the year, why are they on the team if a crap player like Bass is going to play heavy minutes.  That's a huge failing by Doc and Ainge, no?

With Bass playing at this lower level (below his true ability), I think DJ White is about his equal. I still play Bass ahead of White due to his quicker feet defensively but it is close. I would like to see DJ White get some of Bass' playing time. Get Bass down to 20-24mpg and White up to 5-10mpg.

Not sure how much S.Randolph improved since his last tour in the NBA so hard to rate him. I did previously him rate him lower than DJ White and current Bass based on his previous post-injury NBA play though. But his stats in China and improved jumper make an interesting case that he has improved some since then. I doubt he has improved enough to overtake DJ White or B.Bass.

« Reply #354 on: March 26, 2013, 11:24:44 PM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294
DJ White is quite worthless... well, not worthless, but doesn't give you anything you don't already have.

Randolph, on the other hand, seems like the only big we have at this time who is able to get any rebounds. Time to play him.
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."