Author Topic: When Will Miami Heat's Winning Streak End?  (Read 3614 times)

When Will Miami Heat's Winning Streak End?
« on: March 25, 2013, 09:28:08 AM »

Offline krook

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 23
So, the Heat stretch to 26 wins. Their next 10 games are against ORL, CHI, NO, SA, NY, CHA, PHI, MIL, WAS, BOS... CHI, SA, NY most likely to take them down. They have to make it through Philly to match the 33 Lakers streak, beating MIL gives them the record

Re: When Will Miami Heat's Winning Streak End?
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2013, 09:34:16 AM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2969
OKC or Spurs can beat em

or James gets an injury.

he is made or flesh and bones too.

Wade can't carry the team like he once could without James.   If James ever gets hurt , Wade will help them win a few games , then his knees will give out from over stressing them to make up for James ...and then a huge losing streak would start.

When James finally falls the house will fall with him.

« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2013, 09:40:03 AM »

Offline Big Rondo

• Kristaps Porzingis
  • Tommy Points: 37
The 2nd round of the playoffs.
Offense sells tickets, Defense wins games, Rebounds win championships.

« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2013, 11:57:27 AM »

Offline raynman

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 55
Lebron James IS NOT HUMAN! It's just not fair!   :(

« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2013, 12:26:15 PM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
Lebron James IS NOT HUMAN! It's just not fair!

Doesn't help that the refs ignore his fouls and travels, while calling everything that could or does happen to him.

This streak is alive only because of Stern and refs, we had them beat.  He kept them in the game with FTAs.  Standard David Stern keep a game close stuff.

« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2013, 12:45:46 PM »

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 885
Unless they have a fluke, the only games I could see them losing are against us, the knicks, or the spurs... Other than that they dont really play any good teams. I could see them pulling off 39 in a row to end the season with the way they are playing.

« Reply #6 on: March 25, 2013, 01:28:49 PM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1549
The 2nd round of the playoffs.
I agree. TP.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #7 on: March 26, 2013, 12:13:27 PM »

Offline krook

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 23
i just want greg popavich and the gets beat them, maybe its better if those superstars are sitting again, almost beat the heat

« Reply #8 on: March 26, 2013, 12:40:14 PM »

Offline Snakehead

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 448

Doesn't help that the refs ignore his fouls and travels, while calling everything that could or does happen to him.

This streak is alive only because of Stern and refs, we had them beat.  He kept them in the game with FTAs.  Standard David Stern keep a game close stuff.

The bolded is BS.

I did object to some of the calls at the end of the first half, but otherwise it was a well called game, especially down the stretch.  We just didn't hit shots and execute.  In fact I thought we got away with a few fouls on LeBron who was getting cracked going to the rim and then they even gave us the ball after it was clearly off Jeff Green on that last possession.

Don't whine.  You don't get refs to get you to this kind of streak.   This is extremely impressive.
"I really don't want people to understand me." - Jordan Crawford

« Reply #9 on: March 26, 2013, 01:24:53 PM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047

The bolded is BS.

I did object to some of the calls at the end of the first half, but otherwise it was a well called game, especially down the stretch.  We just didn't hit shots and execute.  In fact I thought we got away with a few fouls on LeBron who was getting cracked going to the rim and then they even gave us the ball after it was clearly off Jeff Green on that last possession.

Don't whine.  You don't get refs to get you to this kind of streak.   This is extremely impressive.
I wouldn't call the officiating balanced but it did not cost us the game.  C's blew it themselves with failing to perform at the end of th egame.

« Reply #10 on: March 26, 2013, 01:27:15 PM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.
I thought for sure the Magic would beat them. Vucevic had played particularly well against the Heat, and they almost took them back in Jan right when the streak was still sub 15 games.

Vucevic out with a concussion, Affalo done for the season, game over.

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner

« Reply #11 on: March 26, 2013, 01:36:54 PM »

Offline mmmmm

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 862

The bolded is BS.

I'm not going to claim the refs did or did not help the Heat beat the Celtics or any team in particular.

I'm just going to post the observation that Lebron is averaging just 1.4 PFs per 36 minutes.

That is a number, that defies logic.  It is one of those numbers, given his physical style of play, that is so out there, it is as remarkable as Barry Bond's HR/AB rate.

When Mcguire, Sosa, Bonds were initially chasing Maris' record, we all (me included) were awestruck at how fantastic their feats were.  I remember seeing a video breakdown of McGuire's swing, showing how late he would commit to the swing, with the ball already over the plate, yet his tremendous bat speed still allowed him to catchup and drive it out. Instead of questioning that - I was awestruck.  The numbers these guys posted seemed unbelievable.

As it turns out, they were.

Like Bonds was long before he was suspected of 'using', Lebron is a great player.

But his PF rates are unbelievable.

NBA Officiating - Corrupt?  Incompetent?  Which is worse?  Does it matter?  It sucks.

« Reply #12 on: March 26, 2013, 02:00:01 PM »

Offline clover

• Front Page Moderator
  • Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 315
I hope it doesn't.  I want them to have a Pats-like season where they head into the playoffs both overconfident with all the pressure on them--until the C's bring them down.

(Yeah, not too likely.)

« Reply #13 on: March 26, 2013, 02:19:50 PM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.

The bolded is BS.

I'm not going to claim the refs did or did not help the Heat beat the Celtics or any team in particular.

I'm just going to post the observation that Lebron is averaging just 1.4 PFs per 36 minutes.

That is a number, that defies logic.  It is one of those numbers, given his physical style of play, that is so out there, it is as remarkable as Barry Bond's HR/AB rate.

When Mcguire, Sosa, Bonds were initially chasing Maris' record, we all (me included) were awestruck at how fantastic their feats were.  I remember seeing a video breakdown of McGuire's swing, showing how late he would commit to the swing, with the ball already over the plate, yet his tremendous bat speed still allowed him to catchup and drive it out. Instead of questioning that - I was awestruck.  The numbers these guys posted seemed unbelievable.

Like Bonds was long before he was suspected of 'using', Lebron is a great player.

Bonds is an apt comparison, because like Bonds pre-PED (or known PED), LeBron is a genre redefining player. Part of LeBron's lack of fouls is related to athleticism, part of its related to playing style, but it is really, really nuts how little he's been fouling.

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner

« Reply #14 on: March 26, 2013, 05:09:23 PM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1549

The bolded is BS.

Jordan had a couple of seasons sub 2 with just under 40 minutes a game in his prime.  Wilt Chamberlain played 48.5 minutes a game in 61-62 and averaged 1.5 fouls a game all while scoring 50.4 points a game and pulling down 25.7 boards a game.  Wilt actually had 3 straight years at around 48 minutes and 1.7 fouls or less per game.

Great defensive players that are so much more athletically gifted then most of their peers don't commit fouls all that often. 
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip