Author Topic: Celtics (36-32) at Grizzlies (46-22) 3/23  (Read 28712 times)

Re: Celtics (36-32) at Grizzlies (46-22) 3/23
« Reply #15 on: March 23, 2013, 03:15:25 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
I am still cheering the team on, BUT...it is becoming very hard to sit through a game.  Watching has become more work than  fun...making doing almost anything else seem like a better option.  (And I thought last year, with the lockout, was hard...)

This is pretty much how I feel, and it's why I mostly just don't watch.  If I do watch a game, it's usually after the fact when I know the team won and played well against decent opposition. 

That hasn't happened for a while so it's been a couple weeks since I watched a game.

Entertainment should never be a chore.  Being a good fan does not, in my opinion, mean you have to be a masochist.  I will never agree with the people who say that real fans watch every game even when it's painful.  That's stupid.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #16 on: March 23, 2013, 03:43:43 PM »

Offline mgent

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 1962
Scals confessed that, at their best, he thinks Tony Allen is a better defender than Gary Payton.

To be perfectly honest, I think he's got a case.  Even in spite of the fact that Tony constantly goes up against bigger guys whereas Payton typically had that advantage.
Philly:

Anderson Varejao    Tiago Splitter    Matt Bonner
David West    Kenyon Martin    Brad Miller
Andre Iguodala    Josh Childress    Marquis Daniels
Dwyane Wade    Leandro Barbosa
Kirk Hinrich    Toney Douglas   + the legendary Kevin McHale

« Reply #17 on: March 23, 2013, 04:18:43 PM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294
I am still cheering the team on, BUT...it is becoming very hard to sit through a game.  Watching has become more work than  fun...making doing almost anything else seem like a better option.  (And I thought last year, with the lockout, was hard...)

This is pretty much how I feel, and it's why I mostly just don't watch.  If I do watch a game, it's usually after the fact when I know the team won and played well against decent opposition. 

That hasn't happened for a while so it's been a couple weeks since I watched a game.

Entertainment should never be a chore.  Being a good fan does not, in my opinion, mean you have to be a masochist.  I will never agree with the people who say that real fans watch every game even when it's painful.  That's stupid.
In some twisted way, it seems I had more fun watching that miserable squads from the pre-Garnett era than watching this season's team. Not sure why.
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #18 on: March 23, 2013, 04:25:13 PM »

Offline CelticsFan9

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 116
  • Everyone's excited for the new era.

In some twisted way, it seems I had more fun watching that miserable squads from the pre-Garnett era than watching this season's team. Not sure why.

Maybe it has something to do with those pre-Garnett teams giving you the hope that players develop and the team can become great, whereas with this year's team, you're watching a formerly great team show strong signs of fading away.

Just my two cents.

« Reply #19 on: March 23, 2013, 04:27:36 PM »

Offline esel1000

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 587

Thats how I feel but I think part of it has to do with the disappointment over this teams underachievement. We didn't really expect much from the pre-Garnett teams anyway, this one we did so theres the disappointment/anger as a fan that makes watching these games worse.

« Reply #20 on: March 23, 2013, 06:36:52 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961

Thats how I feel but I think part of it has to do with the disappointment over this teams underachievement. We didn't really expect much from the pre-Garnett teams anyway, this one we did so theres the disappointment/anger as a fan that makes watching these games worse.

yeah....this about nails it for me too.....when they really sucked , they really sucked and , and now they suck and shouldn't suck as bad as they do...maddening

« Reply #21 on: March 23, 2013, 07:05:00 PM »

Offline FLCeltsFan

• Kendrick Perkins #1 Fan
  • Author
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 11832
  • Marcus Smart Fan!
Mark Murphy ‏@Murf56 29m
Lee out tonight due to ankle sprain. Hopes to play vs Knicks Tuesday.

Sean Grande ‏@SeanGrandePBP 39m
Expecting both Kevin Garnett and Courtney Lee to sit out tonight here in Memphis. Nothing official..details to come.  #JustReadingTeaLeaves

« Reply #22 on: March 23, 2013, 07:34:43 PM »

Offline crownontherocks

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 86
Mark Murphy ‏@Murf56 29m
Lee out tonight due to ankle sprain. Hopes to play vs Knicks Tuesday.

Sean Grande ‏@SeanGrandePBP 39m
Expecting both Kevin Garnett and Courtney Lee to sit out tonight here in Memphis. Nothing official..details to come.  #JustReadingTeaLeaves

Kevin Garnett (left ankle) will not play against the Grizzlies on Saturday and will have an MRI.

« Reply #23 on: March 23, 2013, 07:35:28 PM »

Offline LooseCannon

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 950
The Celtics are the sort of team that likes to screw with fans' heads by picking a road SEGABABA against a team with a better record with KG and Lee out as the appropriate occasion to give us a strong win, right?
"The worst thing that ever happened in sports was sports radio, and the internet is sports radio on steroids with lower IQs.” -- Brian Burke, former Toronto Maple Leafs senior adviser, at the 2013 MIT Sloan Sports Analytics Conference

« Reply #24 on: March 23, 2013, 07:43:11 PM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2401
So,

PG: Bradley, Crawford
OG: Terry, Crawford
SF: Pierce, J.Green
PF: Bass, J.Green
C:  Wilcox, White

Since Marc Gasol is out and Z.Randolph is expected to come off the bench, maybe Jeff Green should start at power forward then. Memphis' other big men are thin bodied types (E.Davis, D.Arthur) with limited offensive games that Jeff Green can defend well and take advantage of on the other end of the floor. That is why I like the idea of him starting.

Wilcox is probably the best defensive matchup against Randolph. I'd sync up their minutes. Gawd, I'd hate to start Bass at center alongside Green at PF though. Hmm ... maybe just have Bass off the bench against Z-Bo then with Wilcox and Bass alternating the defensive assignment.

G: Bradley, Crawford
G: Terry, Crawford
F: Pierce, Williams
F: Green, Bass
C: Wilcox, (Bass), White

That is how I would like to see the Celtics lineup tonight.

« Reply #25 on: March 23, 2013, 07:52:02 PM »

Offline LooseCannon

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 950
I don't really trust in Wilcox enough to give him more than 15-20 mpg, even with KG out, so I think I would start Bass and give him 30 minutes at center by default.
"The worst thing that ever happened in sports was sports radio, and the internet is sports radio on steroids with lower IQs.” -- Brian Burke, former Toronto Maple Leafs senior adviser, at the 2013 MIT Sloan Sports Analytics Conference

« Reply #26 on: March 23, 2013, 08:17:34 PM »

Offline Chief

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2450
Very lucky Gasol and Randolph are hurt. Ed Davis is very good though.
Once you are labeled 'the best' you want to stay up there, and you can't do it by loafing around.

Larry Bird

« Reply #27 on: March 23, 2013, 08:18:58 PM »

Offline Chief

• Robert Parish
Very lucky Gasol and Randolph are hurt. Ed Davis is very good though.

Never mind, I see Zbo
Once you are labeled 'the best' you want to stay up there, and you can't do it by loafing around.

Larry Bird

« Reply #28 on: March 23, 2013, 08:20:09 PM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2401
I do not like it when Bass tries to create his own offense down in the paint.

« Reply #29 on: March 23, 2013, 08:20:25 PM »

Offline Chief

• Robert Parish
Bradley, wow!!!!

Larry Bird