Author Topic: Rajon Rondo 6'1 ft. is Really Missed, Rebounds Help Us A Lot  (Read 7241 times)

Re: Rajon Rondo 6'1 ft. is Really Missed, Rebounds Help Us A Lot
« Reply #45 on: March 22, 2013, 06:37:10 PM »

Offline timobusa

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 284
  • Bleed Green, Die Green
I knew this was a Krook thread just from the title.
You also missed the period when "Rajon" was misspelled in the title  ;D

How did he spell it?

RAJAN?

lol

« Reply #46 on: March 22, 2013, 08:09:02 PM »

Offline alley oop

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 30
Rondo is missed, but some of what he brought was picked up by others. However, what Sullinger brought to the team, the rebounding and post play (and double doubles), wasn't replaced.

« Reply #47 on: March 23, 2013, 06:49:46 AM »

Offline krook

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 23
Rondo is missed, but some of what he brought was picked up by others. However, what Sullinger brought to the team, the rebounding and post play (and double doubles), wasn't replaced.

rondo's tripple double againt's hawks 17 rebounds 14 assist and 10+ points i think, help us a lot, i know bass can't do that, i rely on pierce or bradley or crawford on assist, is bass can give you 10+ each game in playoffs that will help a lot, but again... rebounds are useless if you don't clogged the middle,
like this..every time heat players missed shots bass grabs all the rebounds, but every time lebron attack the inside bass don't clogged the middle, so we rebounds they score, same as DALLAS a while ago

« Reply #48 on: March 23, 2013, 09:28:51 AM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2969

Rondo's rebounding is missed , but Sully's tuffness on the offensive glass has all but disappeared with him.  The Celtics one and out offensive is horrible way to play basketball.

I WAS ENTERTAINED  by  Watching Sully work under the boards ......the paint is empty , teams have a field day without KG on the court at both ends.

I just hate the way Boston is constructed .    Sully and Green , need a pair of HUGE 7footers to help them out at center. 

« Reply #49 on: March 23, 2013, 12:09:41 PM »

Offline Celtics18

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1469
Last I checked the Cs team rebounding really hadn't changed since Rondo went out. If the guys on the floor produce the same over all results as when he's in there, does the team miss his rebounding?

Actually, our defensive rebounding rate has been worse since Rondo got injured.

Can you provide a link, or some stats for this? Not trying to be snide, I'm genuinely curious.

Split stats for the months of February and March show a slight uptick in the raw totals for team defensive rebounds compared to earlier months (except for October).

http://espn.go.com/nba/team/stats/_/name/bos/split/43/boston-celtics

http://hoopdata.com/teamgl.aspx?team=BOS

I was going with this page from HoopData.  They list the Oreb rate and opponents Oreb rate for every game in their game scores.

According to my calculations, our opponents Oreb rate was at 25.8 before Rondo got injured.  Since the Rondo injury it's been at 27.9 (not including last night's game). 

That may not seem like a lot, but the pre Rondo injury numbers would have put us at 9th in the league, while the post injury numbers would rank us at 26th.  For the season as a whole we are 17th in the league with an opponents offensive rebounding rate of 26.8. 
DKC Seventy-Sixers:

PG: G. Hill/D. Schroder
SG: C. Lee/B. Hield/T. Luwawu
SF:  Giannis/J. Lamb/M. Kuzminskas
PF:  E. Ilyasova/J. Jerebko/R. Christmas
C:    N. Vucevic/K. Olynyk/E. Davis/C. Jefferson

« Reply #50 on: March 23, 2013, 12:13:39 PM »

Offline Celtics18

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1469
Last I checked the Cs team rebounding really hadn't changed since Rondo went out. If the guys on the floor produce the same over all results as when he's in there, does the team miss his rebounding?

Actually, our defensive rebounding rate has been worse since Rondo got injured.
How much worse? And are you sure it's not because our best rebounder went down and left us with 3 healthy rotation bigs?

No, I'm not sure, but I think it's reasonable to surmise that both the loss of Sullinger and the loss of Rondo have hurt us in the area of rebounding. 
DKC Seventy-Sixers:

PG: G. Hill/D. Schroder
SG: C. Lee/B. Hield/T. Luwawu
SF:  Giannis/J. Lamb/M. Kuzminskas
PF:  E. Ilyasova/J. Jerebko/R. Christmas
C:    N. Vucevic/K. Olynyk/E. Davis/C. Jefferson