Author Topic: March Madness: Good and bad performances. Draft stock effect  (Read 10619 times)

Re: March Madness: Good and bad performances. Draft stock effect
« Reply #60 on: March 24, 2013, 09:58:04 PM »

Offline Yoki_IsTheName

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1304
  • I'm a Paul Heyman guy.
Has Sherwood Brown really not yet been mentioned in this thread?!?!  #binky

Seriously, this guy playing his way into the 2nd round or no?  I think he has a place at the end of an NBA roster.  Possible Marquis Daniels like player?  (hair aside)

I'm pretty sure he's already making some noise from NBA scouts. He can be 4th guard of any team in the NBA. Still not sure if he can score the way he does on the NBA level, but he has the physical tools to be on a team.

I just want to put this out, Jamal Franklin is a top 5 pick. Sure he did not win this game but he has STAR written all over him. He's an addition to the MY BOY club (along with Brandon Rush, JJ Redick and Jason Smith).
2019 CStrong Historical Draft 2000s OKC Thunder.
PG: Jrue Holiday / Isaiah Thomas / Larry Hughes
SG: Paul George / Aaron McKie / Bradley Beal
SF: Paul Pierce / Tayshaun Prince / Brian Scalabrine
PF: LaMarcus Aldridge / Shareef Abdur-Raheem / Ben Simmons
C: Jermaine O'neal / Ben Wallace

« Reply #61 on: March 24, 2013, 10:07:59 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
Has Sherwood Brown really not yet been mentioned in this thread?!?!  #binky

Seriously, this guy playing his way into the 2nd round or no?  I think he has a place at the end of an NBA roster.  Possible Marquis Daniels like player?  (hair aside)

I'm pretty sure he's already making some noise from NBA scouts. He can be 4th guard of any team in the NBA. Still not sure if he can score the way he does on the NBA level, but he has the physical tools to be on a team.

I just want to put this out, Jamal Franklin is a top 5 pick. Sure he did not win this game but he has STAR written all over him. He's an addition to the MY BOY club (along with Brandon Rush, JJ Redick and Jason Smith).

Jamaal franklin is crafty and decent athleticm/quickness but not a starter in the nba for now. FG percentage in general is bad. Too dependent on the right hand.

He does alot of other little things. Like a Paul Pierce light, guard version. But likely a pick in the 20's or early 2nd round

« Reply #62 on: March 24, 2013, 10:12:54 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
great game going on now with duke vs creighton. Let's see what Mcdermott can do vs a top team like duke

« Reply #63 on: March 24, 2013, 10:20:23 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
mcdermott gets the ball downlow and takes zero seconds before putting up the ball. Also he is so tricky in utilizing screens. He likes to use opponent defenders to help him screen the man chasing him around.

Duke is getting a headache right now

« Reply #64 on: March 24, 2013, 10:43:53 PM »

Online Atzar

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 1674
Regarding McDermott...

Extremely active.  Jumpshot's not falling so far, but he's doing fairly well in the post.

Don't know what I think of his post game.  He has great touch and his activity serves him well in establishing deep position.  On the negative side, he isn't particularly quick or strong and hasn't displayed the ability to generate open shots down there, relying instead on being able to convert heavily contested looks.  We'll see if he pulls new tricks out of the bag as we head into the second half. 

« Reply #65 on: March 24, 2013, 11:35:40 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
Regarding McDermott...

Extremely active.  Jumpshot's not falling so far, but he's doing fairly well in the post.

Don't know what I think of his post game.  He has great touch and his activity serves him well in establishing deep position.  On the negative side, he isn't particularly quick or strong and hasn't displayed the ability to generate open shots down there, relying instead on being able to convert heavily contested looks.  We'll see if he pulls new tricks out of the bag as we head into the second half.

Creighton looks like they will lose. Mcdermott is getting hounded as usual. Its incredible Creighton did as good as they did bc they are short in talent outside of mcdermott. If there was even one more guy who can take on some of the scoring, than Mcdermott can be free.

Bc of this loss its hard to tell how mcdermott would do with more support and or not be the go to guy.

I like Mcdermott but Withey fills out a need, plays intense in tourneys (near breaking duncans blocking record), has nba length and is a safer choice: Thus i'd go with him, pending he doesn't get rocked by Mcgary next week.

« Reply #66 on: March 25, 2013, 12:00:01 AM »

Offline Eddie20

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 975
Shane Larkin is a guy that will probably be available, according to mocks, where we pick. It would be nice to finally have a true 1 behind Rondo, especially with the somewhat uncertainty surrounding Rondo's injury.