Author Topic: Norvel Pelle To Declare For NBA Draft  (Read 3433 times)

Norvel Pelle To Declare For NBA Draft
« on: March 26, 2013, 12:37:46 PM »

Offline Nowee

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 41
  • Celtic Pride
"Norvel Pelle intends to declare for the 2013 NBA Draft, according to a source.

Pelle was the top-ranked center in the incoming college class of 2011.

Pelle previously committed to St. John's but wasn't cleared by the NCAA. Pelle committed to Iona in August.

Pelle is a seven-footer from California with a game that had been compared to Kevin Durant."

Link:
http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/226898/Norvel-Pelle-To-Declare-For-NBA-Draft

Is he worth buying a second round pick?
Dutch Celtics Pride

Re: Norvel Pelle To Declare For NBA Draft
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2013, 12:43:45 PM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.
150% yes.

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner

« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2013, 12:46:01 PM »

Offline mkogav

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 537

Pelle previously committed to St. John's but wasn't cleared by the NCAA. Pelle committed to Iona in August.

Pelle is a seven-footer from California with a game that had been compared to Kevin Durant."

Link:
http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/226898/Norvel-Pelle-To-Declare-For-NBA-Draft

It's a decent gamble IMO. However, since the kid didn't play college ball and given his #1 C recruit evaluation in 2011, it's likely that his draft position will be determined by pre-draft workouts (general and team). He may shoot up the draft board, especially if he can dunk over a folding chair.

Mk

Sickness, insanity and death were the angels that surrounded my cradle and they have followed me throughout my life - Edvard Munch

DKC Knicks

« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2013, 12:48:32 PM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith

Link:

It's a decent gamble IMO. However, since the kid didn't play college ball and given his #1 C recruit evaluation in 2011, it's likely that his draft position will be determined by pre-draft workouts (general and team). He may shoot up the draft board, especially if he can dunk over a folding chair.

Mk

Made me chuckle. Chair doesn't even have its hands up. Seems like they just dont teach kids the fundamentals today.

« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2013, 12:54:08 PM »

Offline Lucky17

• DKC Commish
  • JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 2352

Link:

Mk

Made me chuckle. Chair doesn't even have its hands up. Seems like they just dont teach kids the fundamentals today.

I think that's why that chair got cut from the NBDL, and is now in China.
DKC League is now on reddit!: http://www.reddit.com/r/dkcleague

« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2013, 01:04:05 PM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith

Link:

Mk

I heard the chair was actually 2 years older than the date listen on its birth certificate, but even so its still only 26 and is putting up 25 points and 13 boards in China, shooting 43% from 3.

Take a chance on him, Danny!!

« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2013, 01:09:55 PM »

Offline mkogav

• Jim Loscutoff

Link:

Mk

I heard the chair was actually 2 years older than the date listen on its birth certificate, but even so its still only 26 and is putting up 25 points and 13 boards in China, shooting 43% from 3.

Rumor has it that Danny signed the chair to a 2 year non-guaranteed deal.

Mk

Sickness, insanity and death were the angels that surrounded my cradle and they have followed me throughout my life - Edvard Munch

DKC Knicks

« Reply #7 on: March 26, 2013, 01:13:48 PM »

Offline clover

• Front Page Moderator
  • Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 315
FWIW DraftExpress has him listed as 6'10 1/2" with shoes--and 196 pounds.  (Not sure if he had those shoes on the scale with him.)

« Reply #8 on: March 26, 2013, 01:17:03 PM »

Offline Lucky17

• DKC Commish
  • JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 2352

Link:

Mk

Mk

[dang]. Was really hoping Ainge would instead use a 2nd to draft and stash an IKEA chaise longue by designer Torff Norkelssen. We need a big!
DKC League is now on reddit!: http://www.reddit.com/r/dkcleague

« Reply #9 on: March 26, 2013, 01:18:13 PM »

Offline mkogav

• Jim Loscutoff

Link:

Mk

Mk

[dang]. Was really hoping Ainge would instead use a 2nd to draft and stash an IKEA chaise longue by designer Torff Norkelssen. We need a big!

Good call, TP!

Mk

DKC Knicks

« Reply #10 on: March 26, 2013, 02:17:06 PM »

Offline manl_lui

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 427

Link:

Mk

Mk

Good call, TP!

Mk

these comments made my day. Love CB

« Reply #11 on: March 26, 2013, 05:39:35 PM »

Offline aporel#18

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 170
TPs all around  :D